close enough to impersonation

Gun_Man

Hi admins, Gun_Man here.  So I'm making this topic because this is about the 10th time now I've had someone ask me if I'm Gun_Mom or heard that people were talking shit about "me".  The player who is using the Gun_Mom nickname needs to change his name as it is having a direct effect on me at this point.  Thank you.

They wont be able to do anything. It's not impersonating, they aren't saying they are you, its just a similar nickname.

This.

Your name isn't copyrighted. Just because they have a similar name as you doesn't mean they are you.

If it was coincidental then sure.  This is deliberate.  Put yourself in my shoes. 

At least after my efforts and as I heard Joe (thank you), one of them has changed their names, finally.  The only one whose identity I even knew.

Hopefully the rest, whoever they are, will follow suit and allow me to play this game without having to explain the situation to angry players twice a day.

If it was coincidental then sure.  This is deliberate.  Put yourself in my shoes. 

At least after my efforts and as I heard Joe (thank you), one of them has changed their names, finally.  The only one whose identity I even knew.

Hopefully the rest, whoever they are, will follow suit and allow me to play this game without having to explain the situation to angry players twice a day.

You all used to be an "online family" - now you want him / her to change nick as it is causing you issues?

Hey buddy......why dont YOU change nicks if you don't want to be related to this person anymore?  :huh:

Adam i was never associated with them.

I only knew who one of them was, the one that started it all.  From the start i was against it, but it never caused me any problems until recently.

Why should I be the one to change his name when I was the original?  I'm done posting about it after this - just wanted to set your assumption straight.

Grateful to those who have stopped and indifferent to those who havent.  Thanks.