New to CNCNET; Introduction and question on Aftermath

KolbeMax

Hello everyone,

I'm new to CNCNET, been playing RA1 for a looooong time but never online. Just LAN with family etc. Happy I discovered this site/community.

My question is this: I'm introducing a group of my friends to RA1 who have never played it before and I want to know what I should choose in order to play the least imbalanced version? (i.e reducing the ability to Tesla creep/tank spam )

From what I understand, Aftermath prevents the 'CY/WF multiple builds to reduce unit build time issue'. Should I choose Aftermath? (FunkyFr3sh mentioned that might work) Does CNCNET have a stable version of that?

Something that makes the game a bit more micro. Maybe even just suggestions on maps that have been modded to reduce imbalance. (Did Ford [ AndrewFord ] ever finish editing maps for reducing imbalance?)

Thanks everyone! Good work here for all involved.

yo.

if u start a new game, inside, the settings u can easily find the aftermath-enable-option :)

yes, so far i know, ford made a balanced europe-map-version, which is played often and should be easy to find as well.

and every starting is rocky; learn-losing is the path to become better ^^

yo.

if u start a new game, inside, the settings u can easily find the aftermath-enable-option :)

yes, so far i know, ford made a balanced europe-map-version, which is played often and should be easy to find as well.

and every starting is rocky; learn-losing is the path to become better ^^

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I used the aftermath option. Is there a post somewhere which details what changes the 'aftermath enable option' makes? And also, what changes are in Ford's Europe map (That's the Ultimate edition map? The one that looks amazingly accurately like Europe?)