GDI Missions 15

nariac

lol... I remember once fitting them together without any adapting, but it required rotating the A mission to get the Nod temple on the same place.

What's up with the grey conyard dead centre? xD

Wait, did you make that in CCWMAP? The units are all red, lol.

lol... I remember once fitting them together without any adapting, but it required rotating the A mission to get the Nod temple on the same place.

What's up with the grey conyard dead centre? xD

Wait, did you make that in CCWMAP? The units are all red, lol.

The grey conyard is the new "secret" conyard for the remade A map, since the old secret yard is the new main one. When the mission starts, the AI will build the grey one. And yeah, it's CCWMAP, so the grey buildings are all the ones the AI builds which don't start placed.

Nice. :P

It's always bugged me how the Westwood level designers seemed to have a very limited idea of how river flow and gravity works :P

Not much we can do with the circular river they used as the Temple moat. >.>

Any chance this will spur onwards an increase in Tiberian Dawn map sizes to Sole Survivor size? *puppy eyes*

lol, yes. Those rivers make no sense at all :D

As for increasing map size... there's been research into it, but it'd mean rewriting all building foundations and game logics to use a new width. Currently, everything counts on "one cell down" = cell+64 and "one cell up" = cell-64. Gigantic amounts of hardcoded stuff.

Not to mention all existing maps would be incompatible without adding a specific conversion logic... and there'd be no map editor for this new format anyway.

As for increasing map size... there's been research into it, but it'd mean rewriting all building foundations and game logics to use a new width. Currently, everything counts on "one cell down" = cell+64 and "one cell up" = cell-64. Gigantic amounts of hardcoded stuff.

Not to mention all existing maps would be incompatible without adding a specific conversion logic... and there'd be no map editor for this new format anyway.

Damn, that's a shame. So many of my missions could have benefited from a bit more room, and some of the ones I'd like to do would never fit into 64x64. :(

Technically possible, yes... well, for the AGT and Obelisk anyway. For units it's a whole different matter, and probably not so easily fixed.

For buildings, though, it's in fact related to the aforementioned building foundations. It means reducing the AGT and Obelisk to 1x1 buildings with an "extra refreshed graphics" cell on (0,-1). I have no idea how the Obelisk's firing logic would be affected by that, though. I mean, this should make them shoot from the center of the bottom cell, by design (I mean, that's how it actually fixes the problem), but with the laser line logic that might look kind of weird. And I still have no idea how the firing offsets of things work, so I don't know how to fix that.

Though that would mean that all AGTs/Obelisks in all existing missions would be placed one cell too high, and it'd also mean that you can place these buildings so their top cell is not on the map anymore.