enable alt building way points

avan

Hi,

I love the bug fixes that have been done and some of the other alterations that have been made to the game; however, I am not a fan of the change to how you set a way point out out of a building. Is there an option to disable this change so that the user must explicitly use alt to set a building way point?

Thanks

In your SUN.INI file add the lines if they don't exist

[Options]
;HoverShowHealth=Yes
;MoveToUndeploy=Yes
;DoubleTapInterval=30
;AddTeamStyle2=No
;ScrollDelay=0
;SkipScoreScreen=No
AltToRally=Yes

Semicolon is a comment, remove it to change those options.

Explaination of the options:

HoverShowHealth controls if, when you hover your mouse over a building do you see the health bar.

MoveToUndeploy is the default Tiberian Sun behavior it's already set to Yes by default. Changing it to No would make deployed artillery and tick tanks only undeploy if you are holding down ALT.

DoubleTapInterval will center the team if you double tap the control group key (1,2,3, etc). by default double tapping is disabled, to enable it set the value to be some number 0 or above. 30 = 30 frames or about half a second.

AddTeamStyle2  changes the behavior of the shift key making shift+group (shift+1,shift+2 etc) become insert the selected units into that control group. Default is disabled.

ScrollDelay can help correct players who's mouse scrolls uncomfortably fast. I don't know what are good numbers here, someone with that problem will have to test and report back.

SkipScoreScreen obvious.

AltToRally is traditional TS rally point behavior, new patch default is No. Change to Yes to get the old way back.

Awesome. Thanks for the information and quick response.

I think a lot of these new features are great; i am just an old dog who isn't ready for a new trick, or at least that one, quite yet. 

It may be a nice feature (potentially not worth the effort to implement) to have various "profiles" available through the CNC net client where one can easily toggle between new/old keyboard setups. It could be useful to be able to create/export/import a new profile as well for configurations that one enjoys. 

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

since the new windows 10 update I have noticed that a waypoint option has changed but I do not know what it is..

I can set waypoints the same as before.

Now when it comes to deleting a waypoint something has changed.

When selecting a waypoint (before the maximum is reached) the LOOP mode Icon automatically displays and it tries to loop from the last waypoint, if you now press delete it deletes the last waypoint and not the selected one.

This is different behaviour, previously you could just select the waypoint (giving the no cursor icon. The LOOP cursor only appeared if you pressed the Shift button) allowing deletion of the selected waypoint.

Basically there is an option here that has changed, perhaps it goes by the name of "WaypointAutoLoop" or "WaypointAutoShift" or such, does anyone know what option it is please?

I show a screenshot but it is not very helpful. Notice from the image that the cursor on waypoint 6 is the LOOP cursor, also note that I am not holding down the SHIFT key which is what was previously required for the LOOP cursor to appear, this cursor is probably produced from some AUTOSHIFT or AUTOLOOP option which I am trying to disable. I am trying to delete the waypoint not add to its functionality.

churzzz.

waypoint.png

Edited by fantazea

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 9:43 AM, fantazea said:

hi,

since the new windows 10 update I have noticed that a waypoint option has changed but I do not know what it is..

I can set waypoints the same as before.

Now when it comes to deleting a waypoint something has changed.

When selecting a waypoint (before the maximum is reached) the LOOP mode Icon automatically displays and it tries to loop from the last waypoint, if you now press delete it deletes the last waypoint and not the selected one.

This is different behaviour, previously you could just select the waypoint (giving the no cursor icon. The LOOP cursor only appeared if you pressed the Shift button) allowing deletion of the selected waypoint.

Basically there is an option here that has changed, perhaps it goes by the name of "WaypointAutoLoop" or "WaypointAutoShift" or such, does anyone know what option it is please?

I show a screenshot but it is not very helpful. Notice from the image that the cursor on waypoint 6 is the LOOP cursor, also note that I am not holding down the SHIFT key which is what was previously required for the LOOP cursor to appear, this cursor is probably produced from some AUTOSHIFT or AUTOLOOP option which I am trying to disable. I am trying to delete the waypoint not add to its functionality.

churzzz.

waypoint.png

This is has been fixed in the latest patch.

• 3 months later...

This is for cncnet multiplayer Tiberian Sun. The default is to not require alt for rally points (different from single-player/campaign) and to disable double tap.

To enable Double tap, edit your SUN.INI file and add this to the [Options] section.

DoubleTapInterval=30

Lower the number if you are getting accidental double-taps.

3 minutes ago, Retro Caveman said:

Ah, so this isn't possible in SP then? Darn.   Find it awkward you have to press ALT-#(control group) in TS  to center on your units. 

New hotkeys are not available in the single player and ts-patch.

Some people do control group then ff. Like tap 1,f,f to center team 1.

I decided to try out this TSpatch for the skirmish options, and it's really nice.   Harvesters automatically harvest when built?   That's great.    Only issue I'm having is when running in SP the traditional alt-#-control group combo no longer works to center, but neither does the DoubleTapInterval.   I understand that the hotkeys aren't available in SP, but why is the old method disabled?

Not a fan of these new changes that make ts easier such as harvs working as soon as they come out of the war or not holding down alt on production buildings... im trying to change that back but i dont see anything labeled sun.ini. If it's the SUN notepad file, it's not allowing me to save it with the added changes.

6 hours ago, c0rpsmakr said:

Not a fan of these new changes that make ts easier such as harvs working as soon as they come out of the war or not holding down alt on production buildings... im trying to change that back but i dont see anything labeled sun.ini. If it's the SUN notepad file, it's not allowing me to save it with the added changes.

Under [Options] put AltToRally=Yes

Automatic harvesting only appears to work in Skirmish.  However, if you set your war factory rally point to a tiberium patch, automatic harvesting does occur.   I think that's standard behavior.   I think automatic harvesting is a great feature (how RA2 works), but yeah, I agree having the default option would be good for those that want it. 

Also, as I mentioned, alt+1-9 control group combo no longer works to center on units in SP.    You can do do 1-9+F still, but alt+# is a bit faster.

• 2 years later...
On 7/26/2020 at 1:20 PM, 2mg said:

Sorry for necroing, but are these QoL things still MP only?

I tried it recently in SUN.ini and they don't work... I know Rampastring's client has them enabled by default.

Yes, they are MP only.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:54 AM, dkeeton said:

Yes, they are MP only.

Is there any way to enable them in SP then? I mean they are there already, just make them SP available?

YR has DTA client too, don't see why this simple thing can0't be a toggle option in TS?

Edited by 2mg