Adding Kamikaze Planes to a Map

Chrono Vortex

posted image

After several hours of research and sifting through INI, I finally figured out how to make kamikaze aircraft work with only modifications that can be made within a map!

The work here is based on this tutorial from ModEnc. If you want more info on kamikaze airstrikes, take a look there.

To give the Allies a kamikaze plane like the one pictured above, simply paste this code into your map:

[KAMIKAZE]
UIName=Mission:MOJOTIP
Name=Kamikaze
Image=FALC
Prerequisite=RADAR
Primary=Banzai
CanPassiveAquire=no
CanRetaliate=no
Strength=200
Category=AirPower
Armor=light
TechLevel=3
Sight=8
RadarInvisible=no
Landable=yes
MoveToShroud=yes
Dock=GAAIRC,AMRADR
Speed=18
PitchSpeed=1.1
PitchAngle=0
OmniFire=yes
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Cost=1200
Points=20
ROT=3
Crewed=yes
ConsideredAircraft=yes
AirportBound=yes
GuardRange=30
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=3
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=IntruderSelect
VoiceMove=IntruderMove
VoiceAttack=IntruderAttackCommand
VoiceCrashing=IntruderVoiceDie
DieSound=
MoveSound=IntruderMoveLoop
CrashingSound=IntruderDie
DeathWeapon=Demobomb
ImpactLandSound=DemoTruckDie
Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Fly
ThreatPosed=20
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
AuxSound1=IntruderTakeOff
AuxSound2=IntruderLanding
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Fighter=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
PreventAttackMove=yes

[Banzai]
Damage=1
ROF=10
Range=8
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=70
Warhead=DUMMY
Report=Dummy		;No firing sound.
Burst=100		;Fire a ton of projectiles at the same time.
Anim=INVISO		;The only avalible animation which allows for self-harm. Only does one damage, hence the burst.

[DUMMY]			;Can target anything, but does no damage.
Verses=1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%

[AircraftTypes]
XX=KAMIKAZE		;Replace "XX" with a number above 12 (the first 12 entries under [AircraftTypes] are already in use).

[Warheads]
XXX=DUMMY		;Replace "XXX" with a number above 105 (the first 105 entries under [Warheads] are already in use).

Before you go any further, be sure to add the entry numbers under [AircraftTypes] and [Warheads].

From here, there's a BUNCH of stuff you can do to expand on the concept. For example:

• Increase the strength of the kamikaze plane (be sure to increase the "Burst" value under [Banzai] as well if you do this).
  • Change the "DeathWeapon" under [KAMIKAZE] to alter the explosion the plane causes when crashing.
  • Add an aircraft-carrier-like unit which spawns kamikaze planes.
  • Add a Boris-style airstrike ability to a unit which calls in kamikaze planes.
  • Add triggers to the map which call in kamikaze planes to attack particular areas at random intervals.
  • Turn the spy plane superweapon into a kamikaze plane superweapon (not sure how feasible this is, I haven't actually tested it).
  • Make a mission in which you have to hijack kamikaze planes, avoid enemy AA defences and crash into a target.

Also, as far as I know, the ONLY images under [KAMIKAZE] which will work are "FALC" and "BEAG" (possibly "BPLN" for the Soviet MiG, I haven't tested that one). Any other aircraft images will cause the plane to fail to kill itself when firing its weapon.

Edited by Chrono Vortex
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...

in the .map file

there are two way of getting "new" units : real modding with voxels etc. - you'll find everything you need on projectperfectmod. but it gets complicated here, you'll need ARES etc.

or just editing existing units - just edit the .map file. you cannot add new voxels, animations or cameos in this variant.

Edited by cypher
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Did anyone try this on an Aircraft carrier? I found that it did not work. I believe hornets cannot support firing anims... I may be wrong... I inadvertently found a different way to suicide harriers but i have forgotten the code ?

Further research shows you can use limbo launch on hornets but this is very buggy and problematic

Other methods require Ares or rock patch. 

I am testing now... If i rediscover the harrier method, i will test on hornets.. If successful I will post the code here

EDIT - 5mins later...

...OK it was Easy enough....

Link here
https://ppmforums.com/post-604878/simplest-kamikaze-plane-ever-vanilla-ra2/#604878

Hornet clone for Yuri boomer:

ezgif-7-908a5d5583d6.gif.cfc9edff9c9ce5aa47146e6f13625068.gif

Edited by bbglas007