Cncnet problem with pings, disconnects

Zhasulan

For example, 1 year ago, i(btw not only me) had pings with many servers, but now after the latest update cncnet is working badly:

Cncnet disconnects me every 10 sec when i'm sitting without playing, look at this logic - if i start the game fast - cncnet wont disconnect me while i playing, but if i wait for players in lobby - cncnet will disconnect me after some sec, internet isn't bad, 1 year ago i could play without disconnects even with 3g, now it's 4g+ and disconnects! Then, why many players these days have pings only with 3 servers... btw i tried other internets, fox example, cable net with a good speed, still the same problem...

Please, fix this problem, i very wanna play in cncnet, cuz it's the only place to play with many players, i was playing ra2 in gr long time, but i switched it to cncnet and adapted to yr mode, cuz yr has more players than ra2 these days, i will be glad to see the next update and see pings with many servers, hope that cncnet wont disconnect me again. Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Trying other internet providers doesn't always help, if most of them are renting the equipment from the main provider.

You'll still have a poor quality connection due to the main provider.

How many tunnel servers are shown as Unknown Ping in your Advanced Options list?

2 hours ago, Lud0wig said:

How many tunnel servers are shown as Unknown Ping in your Advanced Options list?

This is due to a recent problem with Tunnel servers. I'm certain the staff is working on the solution.

In the meanwhile you can select empty tunnel servers that state their country, also ones with a larger player count 0/1000~ or more will have greater bandwidth allowance and should provide a better experience.

@Grant @dkeeton any update on the tunnel server issues?

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Like 1

From what I can tell, many of the tunnel servers also simply refuse to reply to ping packets (making them show up with unknown ping), while you can actually still connect to them. I've been planning on making the client test the tunnel connection by actually connecting to them instead of just pinging them, but I have no time window for actually making the change yet.

Edited by Rampastring