(Wht)Elevation

Mostly follows a basic design.
The major design point is that the field is divided into 2 areas (Paths). So you have to delegate your resources accordingly.
Minor design points would using the terrain running down the middle of the map to help capture resources, and that expanding north gives easier refinery placement, while moving into the south gives better attack advantage (southern advantage).

posted image

(Wht)Elevation.ini

(Wht)Elevation.bin

Edited by AchromicWhite
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, StagBeetleHarvister said:

Do you have any 3v3 maps ? At the time I play there's loads of people on and we play 3v3 a lot. Not many 1v1 or 2v2 games are played. 

Yeah, I played today. Everyone just wanted to FFA with extra con yards and crates etc.
Competitive seems dead :S

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

If there were bigger maps, I'd have a go. I really don't think I could fit enough stuff on the map to make it work.

I'm well aware that people play it competitively, but it's a lot like playing paper, scissors, rock competitively. You CAN do it, and it's fair, but that doesn't make it worth while. Not sure how else to explain it.

What bugs me is, so long as people play on tib maps, they'll never transition to playing real 1v1.

• Haha 1

Well, it brings a feeling of stability. Which, is true to say that it's easier to defend, because you don't have to worry about infantry in the earlier parts of the game... but it also messes things up, like not being able to scout. That's a BIG one, because many attacks are best defended by scouting and reacting. Further more, it means that people just choose defence as their opening strat. So FFA games are turtle fests. Whoever attacks just dies, because it's almost never worth attacking... even econ play gets messed with crates on, because people can get insta scout crate and 'nook drop you.

It's the resources that's the issue with map size, there' no room to spread the fields out.

• Upvote 1

The issue I find with aggression in FFA is that you can, say, make some flyers and knock out WFs of BOTH your opponents... putting you ahead. But then they're just pissy and kill you because they have more stuff at that point, and while either 1 couldn't kill you, both can.
That doesn't happen in 1v1. You CAN over commit to harassment and wiping out production, but they wont have 2x the amount of stuff. You just allocate enough to defend, after your harassment, and then stabilise. If you can do that, you win.
FFA has it's own strategies etc, but they're ultimately political.
I guess it comes down to what people like, but I'm more of a math and numbers type of guy when it comes to RTS. If I can annoy my opponent (use their emotions by making an aggressive move in game move) into making a bad move, I'll do that, but that still comes down to what I wrote above, about allocating resources between the harassment and defence.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2019 at 10:55 AM, X3M said:

I only see the map now. Sigh.

This one is thoroughly.

Also, to who where you talking at the beginning of this post? :D

I think it was Chem. He spoke about coming online during peak Euro time...

But his and Pence's posts were all deleted. Pence was perma banned, other than giving post reacts (which is why he's always O.O emoting my stuff) and Chem was allowed back on. But his old stuff is still removed.
There's now loads of posts that cannot be re-seen and followed.
It is what it is.