"Sun Burnt"

chem

This is my attempt at a fair 1v1 map. Id like feed back on how to make it better and im one of those people that would much rather be hurt or offended if you think it sucks or sucks in some way than not know the truth, so please don't hold back on any criticisms.

(I know we don't really need any more 1v1 maps but seeing the cool ones being made in this forum got me enthused)

I found that many maps  concentrate the warfare towards the bottom right due to the bottom advantage and right side advantage, so I tried to incorporate this tendency into the design of the map itself and make bottom right the main feature/focus point.

Also while the bottom right route is optimal for both players, I made it so someone that isn't base creeping or someone that is losing the battle for bottom right can swing around the circle the other side for easier uncontested access or to cut off the base creep with units (if he decides to only go units), also the base is close to the cliff so if you go over the top route you can shoot into the base with long range weapons where they are unlikely to have made defences.

I tried to make it troop accessed, easy to defend early for GDI, with ample starting tiberium to further help GDI players and defensive players. I limited the room to manuover a little but I like it open not only to help nod players but for the awkward ai. 

Worth google searching  desert beaches we don't see them much because not many people travel to them but they are really beautiful, I tried to make it like that with the limited tile set we have.

I know its not that high of a standard but its quite hard to do this theme with the limited tile set. I hope to enhance its looks a bit more as I gradually improve it.

1v1seaside0000999999999999999.jpg

Edited by chem
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Myg said:

Very unique, I hope it plays well.

thanks bro :))), the middle tiberium end up being the battle point and u are building turrets etc into the tiberium im not sure that makes for a good battle I might split the tiberium up

the cliff at bottom right looks unnatural so I might change it to something else

it feels really nice to play a game where the advantages of bottom and right are maximised  from the test play

its awkward to send troops as u have to go around the tiberium so will change that perhaps

Edited by chem
  • Like 1

I don't think that GDI has a right advantage. 

Other than that. Great to see a new 1v1 map popping up.

Don't put an island in the sea if it isn't accessable over land. That kind of games are considered unfair or even lame by a lot of people.

How about having a land path from down right to the island? Players could base creep to the island. And it could be filled with somewhat tiberium. Not a jackpot. But decent to invest in. A return of perhaps 150 percent on top of the 100 percent investment.

3 hours ago, X3M said:

I don't think that GDI has a right advantage. 

Other than that. Great to see a new 1v1 map popping up.

Don't put an island in the sea if it isn't accessable over land. That kind of games are considered unfair or even lame by a lot of people.

How about having a land path from down right to the island? Players could base creep to the island. And it could be filled with somewhat tiberium. Not a jackpot. But decent to invest in. A return of perhaps 150 percent on top of the 100 percent investment.

very good point X3M im also making a straight left vs right map for gdi vs gdi , its either pure nod vs nod gdi vs gdi or a compromise of both,  also it works for gdi vs nod if gdi start bottom or in general, just not for gdi vs gdi, hence the next map. 

I think  that problem could be solved perfectly  maybe over the course of 2 maps or  maybe a start position in the middle /tiberium so both players could choose where you drive to, to set up a base,  then its up to the players and its their fault if they drive somewhere silly. But that's an idea for another map or my next tournament style map which I will make lol, thanks for the inspiration X3M!

yes I wanted it realistic looking there's not usually an island when you look out at sea, and it causes the ai problems and finishing a game problematic , fun for other maps problematic for a tournament map

not going to make the island as its unrealistic looking and the theme of the map is realistic looking and a bottom right focus

cheers bro 

Edited by chem

3 hours ago, Messiah said:

something could fill the sea, like an island with something to capture.

its a great fun idea I like maps like that but this is meant to be a realistic looking map and a tournament style map, but good suggestion for a fun map I will do an island map on another separate map from this, like a ffa map, cheers bro

• Like 1