Getting Error

ExcaliburTg

Hi guys,

As you can see in the image, I usually get this error and the game crashes after that.
A very strange thing that I noticed is that only get this error when I have Fraps opened. Fraps is the software that I use to record for the videos I make.
This error doesn't only pop out when I am recording but even when I have just the software opened.

Do you know to what kind of error this is referring to?

Thank you!

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by ExcaliburTg

On 6/30/2018 at 8:30 PM, ExcaliburTg said:

Fraps is the software that I use to record for the videos I make.

How were you able to record your previous YR videos without the game crashing? Maybe you did something that caused this. Btw Fraps hasn't been updated in god knows how long; there are better recorders out there.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ExcaliburTg said:

Sorry to bump this but anyone has any idea?

Difficult to say, because the error can be caused by...

• Poorly modified settings in the mod/custom map
  • Fraps recording method / software hooks
  • Soddy game internal programming (we all know it's soddy).
  • Other software interfering with the game and fraps
  • New renderer code conflicting with fraps
  • Windows updates to ddraw / directX..
  • Aliens making crop circles

Thank you everyone for you time.

17 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

How were you able to record your previous YR videos without the game crashing? Maybe you did something that caused this. Btw Fraps hasn't been updated in god knows how long; there are better recorders out there.

I had this issue from the beginning but this randomly happens so recording small clips is viable. I won't be able for example to record a gameplay because sooner or later it will cause this error. Like I said, the strangest thing for me is that by just having the software Fraps opened can cause this crash while it would be more logical to only cause it when recording.

16 hours ago, Tore said:

There should be a file in your RA2/YR folder called except.txt, you should upload that, maybe someone can at least figure out where in the code the game crashed.

Found it. Will upload it soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

Since I can't figure out a solution with Fraps causing constantly errors I tried to change a recorder.
I used bandicam which recorded fine BUT didn't record the right side of the interface, the area where you train units(!?).
I Tried OBS studio and it only records sound but the video is black.

Now I am trying to use Dxtory which gives me the same problem as Bandicam.
I wasted hours trying to find a solution for every recorder. It really drives me mad.

Any suggestion please?

Come on guys, I am pretty sure someone can help me here.
This is how every recorder I tried records. As you can in the image the right part with the interface is missing. Fraps is the only which manages to record it so it must be some kind of setting I am not aware of.

Untitled-1.jpg