Can't access the Main menu for Tiberian Sun

1_Ranger4thekill

Question

10 answers to this question

I don't know how you've got this version of Tiberian Sun but it's not what you get when you download the real version. Delete what you have and delete TSInstaller.exe.

Then download and install the real version from here https://cnc-comm.com/tiberian-sun/downloads/the-game/installer

Do NOT install any other patches, you should go online from the "Multiplayer" menu in the launcher one time to update the ts-ddraw renderer.

• Thanks 1

Demo version doesn't work out of the box, but someone asked me to add support for it a couple weeks ago... (It's not in the latest release yet)

You have to add the following to ddraw.ini to get it working

; Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Demo
[SUN]
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

I don't get it!!! I only asked because when it was working on my computer I was modifying the two single player maps to make it more interesting to play. Note: there are 4 files listed on that webpage, think I'll wait until you come out with an update for it! also had ask for on XWIS web site how to go online and I never got answer from too. Also I had asked for there help. Also with Twisted Insurrection Mod I stared it and the first mission in it was so dark I couldn't find any of my Starting "couldn't see or find  them at all" Units (asked ask the mod's author for help and never got an replied from him it's been over two years ago)

Note: I already mess up origin's version of RA2 when I add your online service to it and I have lots mods in all of the folders

PS: how come I can't save a game with my own save game name on your version (I can't go back and load the load the previous save game so I can make changes in the mission I am in when things aren't looking good for me!!)

"Also I have found many errors in the original version of Game Tiberian Sun & Firestorm" Specially in the single player mission maps and also in the INI's files!"

2 hours ago, 1_Ranger4thekill said:

I don't get it!!! I only asked because when it was working on my computer I was modifying the two single player maps to make it more interesting to play. Note: there are 4 files listed on that webpage, think I'll wait until you come out with an update for it! also had ask for on XWIS web site how to go online and I never got answer from too. Also I had asked for there help. Also with Twisted Insurrection Mod I stared it and the first mission in it was so dark I couldn't find any of my Starting "couldn't see or find  them at all" Units (asked ask the mod's author for help and never got an replied from him it's been over two years ago) 

The instructions say to download cnc-ddraw.zip and to unzip that into your game folder. After you do that you will have ddraw.ini and you can edit that with notepad. If you do that, you'll see that you can add the [SUN] section like what funky told you to do.

With Twisted Insurrection, extract ddraw.dll from cnc-ddraw.zip and replace ts-ddraw.dll in the Twisted Insurrection/Resources folder. Then select TS-DDRAW in settings for Twisted Insurrection.

Note: I already mess up origin's version of RA2 when I add your online service to it and I have lots mods in all of the folders 

The cncnet client for Yuri's Revenge does not conflict with any mod that does not conflict with the Origin install. To get the Origin install to work for ra2/yr you just have to disable windows 95  compat from ra2.exe and yuri.exe by right-click->properties.

https://imgur.com/a/dpby8Ys

17 hours ago, dkeeton said:

With Twisted Insurrection, extract ddraw.dll from cnc-ddraw.zip and replace ts-ddraw.dll in the Twisted Insurrection/Resources folder. Then select TS-DDRAW in settings for Twisted Insurrection.

I extracted the Zip file in to the Twisted Insurrection Program folder.  I don't get the rest of it!!! "replace ts-draw.dll with what???" / "Then Select TS-DDRAW and do what???"

1. Extract the ddraw.dll file from cnc-ddraw.zip, rename it to ts-ddraw.
  2. Find the Twisted Insurrection folder and enter the Sub folder called Resources.
  3. Move the newly named ts-ddraw file into the Resources folder and click Replace or Overwrite when prompted.
  4. Launch Twitsted Insurrection, go to Settings and set the Renderer to TS-DDRAW.
  5. Uncheck the box for Window Mode and Save Changes.
  6. Play the game
Edited by dkeeton

Do I Only Copy the ddraw.dll file from the cnc-ddraw.zip and placed in to Twisted Insurrection program folder, and all of the other files in the Zip folder are not needed???

PS: Does your program file work with the Command and Conquer Demo version too, and does it also work for the Game: Emperor: Battle for Dune

Edited by 1_Ranger4thekill

Do I Only Copy the ddraw.dll file from the cnc-ddraw.zip and placed in to Twisted Insurrection program folder, and all of the other files in the Zip folder are not needed???

Yes, only ddraw.dll is needed. Make sure you follow dkeetons instructions though.

PS: Does your program file work with the Command and Conquer Demo version too, and does it also work for the Game: Emperor: Battle for Dune

Should work with all demo versions of all the early cnc games. Just for the tiberian sun demo you'll have to follow my instructions I posted above, otherwise you'll have a invisible cursor.

It works for dune 2000, but never heard of anyone trying it with Emperor: Battle for Dune... You could try it though, it works for many games, so maybe you're lucky.