- - - O C E A N I A - - -

CCCP84

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

At the request of the working class, I post the list of significant changes in Oceania (compared to original values).
Parentheses indicate the original value. [ Value (original value) ]

*in the first post

Edited by CCCP84

• 1 month later...

the retint trigger bugs lightposts, and apparently it bugs desolators too. you could try using just the ambient light system without retint, or try resetting the tint to 100,100,100 periodically and see if that removes the lighting artifacts

This is the result of work. Unfortunately, the effect of radiation somewhat spoils the beauty. I only found out about this during a real game on this map, after I completed the work. If I had known this from the beginning, I probably would not have done so much work.

Edited by CCCP84

Friends, I'm trying to figure out a bug due to radiation. I was wondering how this bug doesn't occur during a weather storm, because that's where the retint happens as well.
I found that when a weather storm is applied, the green color of the radiation disappears. Only the effect of increased brightness remains.
Obviously, this was done as part of the fight against this retint bug.
Is it possible to use this in some way to solve my problem? How can this radiation bleaching be applied at night the way it is during a weather storm? Perhaps its possible make a trigger, according to which, unnoticed by the players, the weather storm will continue all night, or something like that?

SCRN0046.jpg

SCRN0047.jpg

Edited by CCCP84

frankly, i dont think its possible; maby you can find the exact ranges of retint where it starts to bug out the lighting and avoid going over those ranges, also see if radiation color itself has any effect. the subtle lighting color really is a minor detail in the grand scheme of things and i dont want to see you fight with the game engine like this for little to no reward

• Like 1

3 options we have already discussed

1. Either, when it gets to night time, switch over to ambient lighting = easy fix  ; OR
2. find out exactly which range / which combo of re tint is causing the problem and navigate around that and possibly try combining some light posts at the threshold level  = hard 
Or
3. Uses a refresh system = medium / ugly using the code i gave you - I can help you more if you like with that

WILDCARD:

4. Make a new deso using particle systems = hard / not as satisfying / wont looks as cool as original, mechanics may be off

--------

I know you say you dont like using ambient darkness - but honestly its the easiest and probably realistically the most aesthetically pleasing out of ALL the options you have 
Even though you say it looks ugly 

Edited by bbglas007

ambient darkness looks bad. There are no pretty colors. And that's exactly what I did it for.
Doesn't make sense.
Is there any way to turn off the visible effects of radiation at all for a certain time? Possibly using the weather storm mechanism. There is a trigger that allows the weather storm to run for as long as you want.

I have found that using an invisible lightpost can remove radiation stains.
This setting: "LightIntensity=" removes spots. Even minimal values.
The problem is that after applying the lightpost effect to the entire map, the color and illumination parameters on the entire map are distorted, as it happens with the desolator.
Perhaps it will be possible to erase the stains without side effects at the same time as the day comes.

In short, I conducted a series of tests and found that after the lightpost was triggered and turned off, the lighting returns to its original value only if, at the time of switching on, the colors were 100 100 100. In other cases, colors are distorted.
This allows me to erase the effects of radiation at the moment when the evening-night-morning period ends and the day comes.
Thus, undesirable effects of radiation can be present on the map for about 10 minutes in the worst case, given that they begin to appear at a fairly dark time, and the entire evening-night-morning period lasts 15 minutes, while the entire cycle lasts 1 hour.

For now, that's all that can be done. It's much better than stains that stay forever. But it's still bad enough. The question remains open.
If anyone has brilliant ideas on this, feel free to contact ..)

• Check 1

Released new versions of Oceania, Storm and Black Sea.
Brought everything to the same standard. This applies to bug fixes and some unity mods needed for large sea maps. First of all, this applies to Oceania and Storm. The Black Sea, in fact, has only bug fixes.

Map files and a list of modifications are in the first post.

I also made sure that each map has a clean, unmodified version. Just territory.