- - - O C E A N I A - - -

CCCP84

CCCP84 I made an account on this forum only to reply to your creation of this map. After reading the whole topic first ofall: THANK YOU! You clearly invested a lot of time and thought into this map. 

I have played it about 15 times now and I'm hooked. As you said, if you have a few teams that understand the concept of this map games can be long. One game went on for 2,5 hours yesterday with 3 teams fighting until the end. Kills went above 2500 for multiple players. Epic.

The only thing that I don't like about this map is the sheer amount of paradrops. I have had several games where I just ended up fighting double paradrops non-stop all over the map. Especially at the start when your main enemy is not really clear yet, sometimes this means 1 team is getting like 10 paradrop attacks in three minutes.

I really think this map could do better with just 4 airfields instead of 8. Let the teams decide who takes the shared airfield.

Other than that this map is near perfect. Especially with the nit changes that you made. Well done.

• Like 1

Haha well spotted. But it was deactivated or something, I had to redo my nickname and everything. But anyway that's not the point, lol.

Just wanted to add to above that I do experience quite some reconnection errors on this map. Sometimes even after 1 hour of playing :(

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 11:55 AM, Numaga said:

CCCP84 I made an account on this forum only to reply to your creation of this map. After reading the whole topic first ofall: THANK YOU! You clearly invested a lot of time and thought into this map. 

I have played it about 15 times now and I'm hooked. As you said, if you have a few teams that understand the concept of this map games can be long. One game went on for 2,5 hours yesterday with 3 teams fighting until the end. Kills went above 2500 for multiple players. Epic.

The only thing that I don't like about this map is the sheer amount of paradrops. I have had several games where I just ended up fighting double paradrops non-stop all over the map. Especially at the start when your main enemy is not really clear yet, sometimes this means 1 team is getting like 10 paradrop attacks in three minutes.

I really think this map could do better with just 4 airfields instead of 8. Let the teams decide who takes the shared airfield.

Other than that this map is near perfect. Especially with the nit changes that you made. Well done.

Thanks bro for the kind words. The map turned out really great. Better than I myself could have expected.
As for paradrops - yes, probably, this can be a problem for Yuri Revange. The infantry is overpowered there. We always play pure RA2 and it's not a problem there. 

about the reconnection error - unfortunately, the problem here is in the game itself, not in the map. I suspect there is something with the naval units of the alliance. 

Edited by CCCP84

• 1 month later...