Which QM maps do you veto and why?

[CC] RaVaGe

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 9:20 PM, RaVaGe said:

Which QM maps do you veto and why?

Please answer the above question so that I know which maps need editing and in what way?
Include the map name and a descriptive reason why you've chosen to reject the map.

Dustbowl, Proving Grounds, 

i told u my reasons already.

For Sov vs Yuri matchup (Yuri side)

Heartland: Soviet has too big of an advantage here, very hard to get your derrick, low eco map so Yuri is extremely weak early

Caverns of Siberia: The landscape of the map makes it extremely hard to mine your ore, big map very open, great for Soviet

GSF: Sov can engi eat here with high success rate and go 0 miner stopping Yuri from being able to get gems or hold onto their derricks, Sov wins here 100% of the time, should be removed from QM.

Coldest Peak: another large map where Soviet can take over the entire map without having to worry about being pressured early by Yuri, very open for Sov to split Yuri miners

Sahara: Another map that doesn't belong in QM, impossible to stop an engi eat here, Sov can again go 0 miner, take both derricks and just grind the no money Yuri into the dirt within 5 minutes

Heck: Huge map where Soviet can just take over the entire map without having to worry about anything from the Yuri player, extremely hard to win as Yuri here.

For Sov vs yuri matchup (Sov side)

Nothing, all maps favor Soviet in QM so no need to veto anything.

Edited by Andy.
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Andy. said:

For Sov vs Yuri matchup (Yuri side)

Heartland: Soviet has too big of an advantage here, very hard to get your derrick, low eco map so Yuri is extremely weak early

Caverns of Siberia: The landscape of the map makes it extremely hard to mine your ore, big map very open, great for Soviet

GSF: Sov can engi eat here with high success rate and go 0 miner stopping Yuri from being able to get gems or hold onto their derricks, Sov wins here 100% of the time, should be removed from QM.

Coldest Peak: another large map where Soviet can take over the entire map without having to worry about being pressured early by Yuri, very open for Sov to split Yuri miners

Sahara: Another map that doesn't belong in QM, impossible to stop an engi eat here, Sov can again go 0 miner, take both derricks and just grind the no money Yuri into the dirt within 5 minutes

Heck: Huge map where Soviet can just take over the entire map without having to worry about anything from the Yuri player, extremely hard to win as Yuri here.

For Sov vs yuri matchup (Sov side)

Nothing, all maps favor Soviet in QM so no need to veto anything.

I come here to see what's going on from time to time and today I come here to see this post, ?. I would call this a sarcastic joke, but knowing you - you likely believe this, haha. Poor Ravage gets no real help from the community :(. 

Ah well, - your accomplishments are impressive tho Andy! Followed the ladder the last few months and you've seem to been dominating, so props! 

• Haha 1

As Yuri player, I veto "Proving Grounds" because I don't know the map and I dont want to lol. 

As Andy said, the large map and the map with oils are hard (especially sahara and GSF); but it's part of the game. Winning on these maps means you clearly outplay your opponent. 

I still believe it's doable, I could compete on XWIS on GSF. Or the players are better now, or I'm less good. I think about the second way. 

Thus, I don't think it needs to change things from yuri's player point of view. 

15 minutes ago, LeOwNzAll said:

As Yuri player, I veto "Proving Grounds" because I don't know the map and I dont want to lol. 

Proving Grounds is hands down one of the best maps in the game, one of the very few maps that's actually balanced in Sov vs Yuri, I really enjoy playing both sides of the match up here.

As Andy said, the large map and the map with oils are hard (especially sahara and GSF); but it's part of the game. Winning on these maps means you clearly outplay your opponent. 

I still believe it's doable, I could compete on XWIS on GSF. Or the players are better now, or I'm less good. I think about the second way. 

Thus, I don't think it needs to change things from yuri's player point of view. 

These maps are the equivalent of Soviet playing against Yuri on maps like Let There Be Fight, Tsunami.

I had a $100 bet with KoreanMig who was going to try to refute my claim, (Me Sov him Yuri bo9 on Sahara) but he didn't show up :huh: guess he came to his senses.

Edited by Andy.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let there be fight - very very campy and 1 dimensional.

Hail Mary - last 2 times I played it, I matched France. 

New heights - camp due with garrisoned buildings and race to the island and navy wins it.

pacific heights - camp your islands, navy wins it. 

Tsunami - camp your islands, navy wins it. 

Essentially the maps where it’s sit till super weapons and navy destroy your enemy.