[YR] Huge Winter Map (detailed 200x200)

Messiah

Some people remember my huge landscape map, now I made another detailed landscape map for YR.

Every player has two ore fields and one oil derrick, all other resources are scattered on the map.

On this map, pathways are more restricted than on the other one. Super weapon recharge times are increased, so players have more time to launch attacks on the super weapon buildings. There are minor INI modifications, most of them for a better performance and a better AI handling of the map.

1887230907_HugeWinterMap1.thumb.png.11bb86327853ad423c7efa8e99e4b52b.png

version 1.1; 09.09.2019

hwm8pl2.map

Edited by Messiah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Check 1

i looked at this in fa2 for a while, and while the cliffs are for the most part cleanly made, theres a lot of errors hidden behind the
cliffs, which is absolutely toxic to the AI. i also see some INI edits to the pathfinding of the ai, and "basesizeadd" 

posted imageposted image

posted imageposted image

theres also this

posted image

these have to look like this, or you get ingame issues

posted image

but yeah man, its a massive map with a lot of detail. very nice map. consider .ini editing some light posts and playing with the renderer, or
even adding some AI triggers since it seems to be oriented for gameplay vs computers

• Like 2

Sometimes I do, but RA2 maps need much more time to complete than RA/TD maps. For this map I needed 3 months, and there are another 3 months of work for the singleplayer mission on it.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:53 PM, McPwny said:

i looked at this in fa2 for a while, and while the cliffs are for the most part cleanly made, theres a lot of errors hidden behind the
cliffs, which is absolutely toxic to the AI. i also see some INI edits to the pathfinding of the ai, and "basesizeadd"

I'm gonna fix these in the next days. Errors behind cliffs are hard to detect because they are not visible in the editor.

Edited by Messiah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

no one really mentions this, but did you know theres a tile mode that drops all the tiles to the same level so you can look behind cliffs?
press D to toggle it on and off. i should only take a few minutes to fix and you will probably notice the difference in AI immediately. 

great map.

Edited by McPwny
have you or a loved one been diagnosed with mesothelioma?
  • Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:29 AM, Messiah said:
. For this map I needed 3 months, and there are another 3 months of work for the singleplayer mission on it.
Thank you for your work. It looks so impressive. Can't wait for the mission ??
Your last mission (Yuri's Final Return)it's still the best among all the missions I have found over the internet.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 1:33 PM, McPwny said:

no one really mentions this, but did you know theres a tile mode that drops all the tiles to the same level so you can look behind cliffs?
press D to toggle it on and off. i should only take a few minutes to fix and you will probably notice the difference in AI immediately. 

great map.

I build RA2 maps since nearly 15 years now, but that is actually new for me.

I did an update, first post.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...