Quick match map suggestions

Humble

Crossroads

Terraces

Throwback

Tib dessert

The pit

Tourny rift

*edit* Tiberium Garden (without FS enabled - blue crystals still work now)

*edit* Dueling islands

One or two bigger maps but balanced ones like Ff bl vs tr or ml vs mr, etc  

*edit* jungle wars ML vs MR, TL vs TR, Bl vs BR

*edit* river run BL vs TR, ML vs MR

*edit* a river runs TM vs BM, Bl vs TR, Ml vs BR

I think crater tactical and too many others like super are soooooo unbalanced its a joke  I was actually wanting to play ladder more but those maps i just cba  

myself and majority of community prefer vet maps but almost all of us cool with playing both versions.  Its fun to see if nod playera so better on vet and if so how much difference it makes.  Honestly i have so much fun trying to save power units like mk or cc and try to star them up and save them its another level of depth to the game for me.

i hate firestorm for so many reasons.  Broken arts dont hit moving targets, bombers are a joke, less inf from selling makes inf rushes even more op. Etc.  some cool units but overall just bot fun for me personally.  

Anyways it would be dope to have the maps i suggested without other maps just for a month (even vet and also non vet versions of each) cause they all good fair 1v1 maps that can support mid to long intense games.  Im biased to theowback since i made it but also pit and dessert way underplayed.  Tezz is cool but gets old yo.

Edited by Humble
  • Like 1

I apologize for my previous comment not being worthy of the vanilla taste of this forum.

I am sick and tired of having the extreme unreasonable minority holding back this games progress and also making it worse.

We are not talking about issues that are up for debate here. If we can’t agree as a community that being punched in the face is bad then we can’t have a society and would all still be living in caves with no civilization. Arguing against competition being fair and balanced is equally as absurd and anti-intellectual. 

There is 0 argument that can be made to allow grotesque and lopsided maps to be included in a tournament system. And “its always been that way” is not a constructive argument against making improvements towards balance. Crying and Arguing are two different things. Complaining that your opinion wasn’t included isn’t a valid argument either (especially if it was)

If you have a logical, coherent, constructive argument as to why there shouldn’t be patches to increase balance and why unfair/illogical maps should be included in competitive game play then I challenge anyone to speak up and be heard. But since we already know that the only points made will be “this is how the devs made the game”. I’ll humor your for the 999th time. 

This game was clearly and admittedly rushed and released incomplete. There was never any intention to make things unbalanced, and the firestorm expansion very clearly shows that the developers intended to continue balance patching and more logical maps. The reason they didn’t is the game didn’t make enough money to justify putting more effort into the product, not because they thought it was done.

This game belongs to the community that still plays it and it has been left in the dark ages because of an extremely loud extreme minority. It needs to be modernized and completed. 

Anyone whom argues against that should be the one requiring moderator approval to post. Not the people who you are afraid will expose the client devs for holding back progress for no reason.

i literally dare anyone to respond to this and make an argument that unpatched unbalanced maps should be included in tournament play. I’m sick of the ingrates on this game that are close minded and simply low frequency minded that harpy screech their asinine opinions and for some reason convince the devs to take no action for improvements. And in the case of the QM ladder have literally regressed it into a shit storm of stupidity. 

Eh just keep your mod to maps. 

Allow all maps and allow all but 1 to be rejected... this way anyone can play to their desired terms (some people play 1 map only and nothing else) providing someone can match... it might just increase activity but definitely increases the chances of individuals playing because the choice wider. 

humble list of maps is fine, even other maps if they are adjusted, so one player does not get blue tib and 3 tib trees, while the other gets green tib and 1 tib tree.

Anyone who cant see the issue of maps where unfair spots are so huge, are just idiots.

Another great map I would like to add to my list is Tiberium Forest.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but the game was recently updated so that the blue crystal tib trees (in all FS maps) will now work without FS enabled.

In the Vet version of this map I still need to balance it out so every player has the same amount of Crystal Trees (the map is mirrored after all), but it is a very good / fair map and great for 1v1, and favors nod a bit which is great since tezz leans towards GDI.

@Weaponx, this weekend when I update all the Vet maps, I will make Vet versions of the maps you and I and others consider unfair, and add the small balances to them.  Like the ability to expand on pit plat, and balancing out tib trees in Tact, etc.  Anyone that has actually helpful feedback feel free to chime in.

@Tibermach, that's not a horrible idea, maybe something similar to what you suggested would work, people willing to play one or the other or both could all get what they want, and the amount of games they get would depend on what they are / are not willing to play.  Modders could cancel everything but giants, and people like myself could specifically cancel out giants lol.

*passes tiber joint - don't worry its biodynamic organic properly flushed white ash, lot better than toxic merch floating around the UK* :)

• Like 2

I definitely don´t think the originals should be removed but i still like how those new maps look like. Just a few questions.

All those maps including Terrace have that "VET thingy" right? The Forest Fires map is the remastered one and when playing it, its certain that  the only spots available will be BL, LM , RM and TR or theres a chance to get others ?

Cool opinion, why do you think the originals should stay?

Also, I don’t understand your question regarding our remasters forest fires map.

if the admins would agree to make them standard I would personally volunteer to go through all the old school maps and fix them with redistributed tib and various adjustments to make them worth playing.

but I’m not going to go through the effort unless I have the support of cncnet leadership. 

• Like 1

Part of the reason I like TS is that it isnt symmetrical all the time. I like that TR vs BL takes different strats. That is Tiberian Sun. Ffs, I dont mind the vet maps etc. There should just be both as an option. Right now I cant even keep track. half the time vet, half not some fs, some not...im like wtf on ladder. All we really needed to do was fix some bugs and obvious glitches, and then a few thinks that make sense logically like aimable sams, shared control is fine, the auto harv to tib,  the clicking building instead of alt. Some of these things took getting used to for me, and I was annoyed at first but changing so many aspects of TS especially making tournie maps symmetrical ...i dunno bout all that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Changing RM on ff was a mistake as was moving br. Bottom right is not that bad and 2v2 or 1v1 is fucking legit as a spot. Part of playing RM or BR or whatever was the thrill of having to be diff and try diff things to overcome. Moving tib? Moving the starting spot? Moved the tib bl etc. Dumb in m opinion. This is Tiberian Sun not another game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TRZ, your entitled to your opinion and all. But you really have to understand that if it’s you vs the entire world there is an insanely high probability that your wrong.

literally nobody else in the planet is going to make the argument that it makes more sense to create a unbalanced environment for pvp competition.

Youve got to stop and accept the fact that in order to progress in move forward we have to make moves that are in the spirit of proper competition that makes sense to 99.999% of the population.

you have the right to host maps that are unfair if you want to. But suggesting that the entire community submit to your view is quite frankly just rude to everyone else that plays this game. If I didn’t know better I would claim that you are intentionally trying to sabotage TS to keep people from playing it.

Edited by Black

Theres clearly many people that agree thus the community is divided. When did i suggest that everyone take on my views? My opinion? You're adding context to my posts. I saw proper competition for 20 years with no changes. Far more than now. Symmetrical maps arent ts 

Edited by TRZ

23 hours ago, Black said:

why do you think the originals should stay?

Because eveyone should have the right to play whatever they want, who doesn´t want , just reject it since theres already that option.

23 hours ago, Black said:

I don’t understand your question regarding our remasters forest fires map.

When playing tournament games in this case FF Remastered, are BL,LM,RM,TR the only spots available.

14 hours ago, TRZ said:

art of the reason I like TS is that it isnt symmetrical all the time. I like that TR vs BL takes different strats. That is Tiberian Sun.

God bless you.

14 hours ago, TRZ said:

Changing RM on ff was a mistake as was moving br. Bottom right is not that bad and 2v2 or 1v1 is fucking legit as a spot. Part of playing RM or BR or whatever was the thrill of having to be diff and try diff things to overcome. Moving tib? Moving the starting spot? Moved the tib bl etc. Dumb in m opinion. This is Tiberian Sun not another game.

Mate, people won´t understand .

Maps should be just flat, with same tib trees, same spots, same everything, oh wait you guys can play BBG, Green Moon, Giants, Battle Day etc etc. ?‍♂️

Edited by mjvd2019
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Black said:

TRZ, your entitled to your opinion and all. But you really have to understand that if it’s you vs the entire world there is an insanely high probability that your wrong.

literally nobody else in the planet is going to make the argument that it makes more sense to create a unbalanced environment for pvp competition.

Youve got to stop and accept the fact that in order to progress in move forward we have to make moves that are in the spirit of proper competition that makes sense to 99.999% of the population.

Where you got those numbers from and like me theres plenty that agree with what TRZ said? Ts always was like this, in 20 years of existence people competed in those maps.

you have the right to host maps that are unfair if you want to.

That´s what we want , the RIGHT to keep hosting the originals, that´s why we are only agaisn´t of making those changes permenant.

But suggesting that the entire community submit to your view is quite frankly just rude to everyone else that plays this game.

He gave his opinion, he literally wrote that...

Edited by mjvd2019
  • Like 1

Face palm! How rude! Get over yourself lol BBG is blacks favourite map. 

Go play the mod maps. We will keep to the OG. That's fairs. 

And yes, the fun and intelligible part of the art of playing TS, is your tactics and game plans for overcoming advantages and disadvantages. Hence NOD/GDI. Hence map variances. Hence unit variances/abilities/strengths and weaknesses. Your a feminist right? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tibermach said:

Face palm! How rude! Get over yourself lol BBG is blacks favourite map.

Believe me when i say that i´m not here to offend or to be rude to anyone, i´m sorry if i did, i´m just giving my point of view.

17 minutes ago, Tibermach said:

Go play the mod maps. We will keep to the OG. That's fairs. 

And yes, the fun and intelligible part of the art of playing TS, is your tactics and game plans for overcoming advantages and disadvantages. Hence NOD/GDI. Hence map variances. Hence unit variances/abilities/strengths and weaknesses.

??????

13 hours ago, Black said:

you have the right to host maps that are unfair if you want to. But suggesting that the entire community submit to your view is quite frankly just rude to everyone else that plays this game. If I didn’t know better I would claim that you are intentionally trying to sabotage TS to keep people from playing it.

The first 2 people that replied agree with me.... lol

Its funny how people instantly jump to conclusions  when a player for instance, mentions  one tiny area should be flat so you can expand, no one ever mentioned flat maps? Can you point this out anywhere? Nope you cant.

Actually its been said maps should not be symmetric, but more or less, pretty fair considering spots. But its easier to jump to conclusions when people disagree, just like you did with "vet", suddenly vet people want to change the entire ts, no in fact those few changes are just fine.

I find it stupid that you play a underdog team as nod, and a uneven spot. But some people cant handle nod, and like to have all the advantages also on maps as well. Clearly they do not want to improve.

I told you humble, make TS original version with alt and all bugs please, and a VET fixed version.

This way i can alt and people can stfu.

Nah it's cool I'm just having a laugh and do agree with everything you say man. 

Black you should go create your own TS Mod Game it might take off.. and at least its another alternative to the classic ... if you had a ladder I might play it still as I understand what you want to create with your equality model TS. I would still wanna play the OG tho as it wouldn't be as boring. 

I got your sarcasm, just don´t know if the others get it too?

30 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

Its funny how people instantly jump to conclusions 

well starting with ,Auto allies, harvesters moving automatically, units behavior/strenght changed , flating some map parts and so many other things i don´t bother posting , what else you want us to expect from now on? All i see is changes.

36 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

in fact those few changes are just fine.

To who? You? Because to me those changes are unnecessary.

38 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

But some people cant handle nod, and like to have all the advantages also on maps as well. Clearly they do not want to improve.

Yeah never heard of someone improving by having things facilitated.Does this apply to the fact of someone wanting to flat a part of the map so it´s easier?

• Haha 1

Not so its easier, but so its fair. There is a difference.

Fun fact: You play me on that map, and take that spot ill win 20/20.

Fun fact 2:  Even i got that spot ill beat you 20/20.

Fun fact 3: Noobs getting crushed due to not being able to expand. So i am doing this for you and rest of the noobs.

TOPIC: Tiberium Forrest is good as well.

Edited by Weaponx

Black: If you think a spot is unfair, just change the position. Make a best of X game. If its too unfair to be fun, then make an alternative map, so people can choose. What you feel is too unfair to be fun, others can tolerate.

If you think the vet system is unfair, then make how differences got made in RA1 and TD: Let it be optionable. Dont force people to use it.

Make your own good, fun, fair maps! Change something on the unit balance, if you want.

But dont destroy the original game. Its holy! :D

Edited by OnePostPony
  • Like 1