Units are Stuck

Tutankhamun

____THIS POST IS A BUG POST____

This bug's causing reason is explained in the first reply, also gifs may help you to understand it.

These images shows explanation of the bug;

1.png 

example gifs:

posted image    posted image  

posted image this gif shows vehicle occupying two cells when moving "1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0" 

posted image   

also very similar one here tiberian sun, i think its the same thing that both of these games using it and i have no idea what that is. Game engine? Source code? some main execution game motors? i have no idea

(TEST RESULTS)

• I've tested X-Arena Tower Defense map 8 times, no bugs appeared!

But the author said "Bug sometimes appearing in X arena TD"

My Calculations were wrong, or i was lucky to didnt get any of bug

• There is nothing to do with map height, lowering or increasing map height does not prevent that bug happening

• Converted my some of survival maps into newurban theater, it did no effect. bug still appearing

• Using "OmniCrusher" code does not effect anything

we have thought the blocking bug cell is some kind of dead cell and the game engine thinks there are still something after living unit is dead.

So I used OmniCrusher code to any vehicle units into my map for crush dead cells. It didnt work, it should have but it didnt. 

I think bug is some DUMMY unit or what so ever and its immune to any damage. It means you cant kill it you cant pass through it.

• Changed vehicle units locomotor's into Infantry locomotor, it didnt work. The bug is still appearing.

This bug may happen any map in any time, there is nothing to prevent it as all i know. Especially freaky spammed units are exists. 

JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW

This record shows the vehicles occupying two cells when they are moving certain location. If they killed some moment while occupying two cells, the bug is appearing 

Edited by Tutankhamun
  • Like 1

this bug is caused when a unit is turning at a certain angle and is destroyed at that moment. what happens is the unit, for a breif moment, takes two cells' space in the game. when the unit is destroyed, the first cell is cleared but the game still thinks the unit is in the second space forever.

you cant build there and units dont even try to go around because they think the dead unit can be 'pushed' out of the way. there is no way to fix or prevent it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, McPwny said:

this bug is caused when a unit is turning at a certain angle and is destroyed at that moment. what happens is the unit, for a breif moment, takes two cells' space in the game. when the unit is destroyed, the first cell is cleared but the game still thinks the unit is in the second space forever.

you cant build there and units dont even try to go around because they think the dead unit can be 'pushed' out of the way. there is no way to fix or prevent it.

thats veeeery clear now...if that theory is true but im not sure that is a theory lol all of this makes sense now. 

In this reply you have made i am assuming infantry units dont leaves their ghost" corpse" when they killed at that moment

i think only vehicles cause that bug

btw how did you made that clear answer? where do you know that stuff?

Edited by Tutankhamun
  • Upvote 1

I don't know how @McPwny found out reason of this bug but:

- some kinds of terrain way more frequently affected by this bug than other ones. Bug appears mostly on winter maps and non-default kind of terrain.

- bug usually appears in maps with enermous number of units (survival maps). Guess: the game is able to clear some limited number of dead cells, but when the number of double-cell unit deaths is exceeding this limit their 2nd cells are still remain on the map.

- I successfully reproduced this bug in vanilla YR. I used no-cd patched exe with ddraw.dll, non-cncnet version. (2016 year)

- BFs and units with OmniCrusher=yes is able to drive over this cells. You can use this to fix your map (if this is tower defense game as I suppose). Just put this setting to all units you use.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

- BFs and units with OmniCrusher=yes is able to drive over this cells. You can use this to fix your map (if this is tower defense game as I suppose). Just put this setting to all units you use.

Yea but i disagree with this. I think OmniCrusher does not crush friendly units 

17 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

- I successfully reproduced this bug in vanilla YR. I used no-cd patched exe with ddraw.dll, non-cncnet version. (2016 year)

Excuse me but what is that mean? I think EA lost source code of the game so it means you cant just know deep things. Or am i wrong? Could u explain me those things cuz im really curious 

25 minutes ago, Tutankhamun said:

Yea but i disagree with this. I think OmniCrusher does not crush friendly units 

You mean it only fixes it when the unit causing the bug was an enemy?

Excuse me but what is that mean? I think EA lost source code of the game so it means you cant just know deep things. Or am i wrong? Could u explain me those things cuz im really curious 

Umm. He just said he managed to get the same effect in the original game, meaning he confirmed it's unrelated to whatever cncnet did with the exe fie. How is that related to source code?

And, you can figure out how stuff works just from testing a lot, you know.

7 minutes ago, Nyerguds said:

You mean it only fixes it when the unit causing the bug was an enemy?

I dont know, OmniCrusher just crush enemy vehicles that i know. Even if it crush friendly units, that is not going to let disappear that bug anyway

11 minutes ago, Nyerguds said:

Umm. He just said he managed to get the same effect in the original game, meaning he confirmed it's unrelated to whatever cncnet did with the exe fie. How is that related to source code?

And, you can figure out how stuff works just from testing a lot, you know.

just thought it was related with source code thats all. and questions in my mind...

Using omnicrusher only let that unit can pass though bugged cell i assume

[NEW UPDATE]

• I've tested X-Arena Tower Defense map 8 times, no bugs appeared!
  • There is nothing to do with map height, lowering or increasing map height does not prevent that bug happening

[an another update for this]
the author said the bug is appearing in his map 

Edited by Tutankhamun

• ANOTHER UPDATE

Tested  newly created map with NEWURBAN theater. Test was successful, no bugs appeared but;

• Converted my some of survival maps into newurban theater, it did no effect. bug still appearing

[an another update for this post]

changing theater does not prevent the bug happening.

Edited by Tutankhamun

@Tutankhamun I had a conversation with @McPwny and we ended up in unchecked conclusion that dead cells caused by Omnicrusher's deaths impassable for any land units.

But the fact

22 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

- BFs and units with OmniCrusher=yes is able to drive over this cells. You can use this to fix your map (if this is tower defense game as I suppose). Just put this setting to all units you use

is thuthful aswell.

And I think locked cells don't have any player's side owner. This is not hard to test. Check please if you can and report about results.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

And I think locked cells don't have any player's side owner. This is not hard to test. Check please if you can and report about results.

I have just tested six times. The bug is still appearing and nothing is changed, units are still cannot pas through the buggy cell

I have used:

OmniCrusher=yes
Crusher=yes
MovementZone=CrusherAll

Each code separately i mean; one by one and all in one together. If i used wrong codes or something missing, slap me

According to these codes; Units are able to crush any enemy vehicles but something is missing. Is the dead cell a vehicle? Or any unit?

Edited by Tutankhamun

8 hours ago, Tutankhamun said:

I have just tested six times. The bug is still appearing and nothing is changed, units are still cannot pas through the buggy cell

11 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

dead cells caused by Omnicrusher's deaths impassable for any land units.

Do we have misunderstanding here?

If you have destroyed omnicrushers - > cells impassable for any land units.

If you have destroyed non-omnicrushers - > cells passable only for omnicrushers.

Clear?

4 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Do we have misunderstanding here?

If you have destroyed omnicrushers - > cells impassable for any land units.

If you have destroyed non-omnicrushers - > cells passable only for omnicrushers.

Clear?

Nope..you just misunderstood thats not going to happen you forgot OmniCrusherResistant code for tha

it makes no sense that battle fortress would be able to clear dead cells. whats it going to do? kill the shadow of the already dead unit?

i wouldnt even insist on this except ive seen battlefortresses caught in dead cells plenty of times. literally everything you have said in this thread is straight up wrong and i find it suspicious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2019 at 3:16 PM, McPwny said:

posted image Yeah just like this. Thank you! 

Yeah just like this. Thank you! 

@McPwny he didn't get your picture, I explained to him. Haha.

I thought he knows that TS and RA2/YR game engines is very similar.

also misunderstandings:

On 11/5/2019 at 11:57 PM, Ezer_2000 said:

2 hours ago, McPwny said:

it makes no sense that battle fortress would be able to clear dead cells

Spoiler
22 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

There actually written "drive over" not "Clear".

18 minutes ago, Tutankhamun said:

I think there are no differences to me

8 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

ROFL

CLEAR https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/clear

11 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

to remove or get rid of whatever is blocking or filling something, or to stop being blocked or full:

TO DRIVE OVER https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/drive

11 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

to move or travel on land in a motor vehicle, especially as the person controlling the vehicle's movement

Sorry @Ezer_2000 that doesnt  like anything to me. Like i said battle fortress doesnt even drive over or clear bugged cells. Plz dont upset about it there is nothing to do with it. 

I just wanna trying to solve this problem or just prevent it, there is no point argruing with "clear-drive over" meaning...

Edited by Tutankhamun