Units are Stuck

Tutankhamun

I can't help you if we don't understand each other. As I said in pm I can't help you anymore in this problem.

My 1st post in this topic contains facts and statistics and I don't have any reason to "lie" (hello @McPwny) or "don't like amything"(hate?) related to you.

On 11/5/2019 at 11:57 PM, Ezer_2000 said:

I don't know how @McPwny found out reason of this bug but:

- some kinds of terrain way more frequently affected by this bug than other ones. Bug appears mostly on winter maps and non-default kind of terrain.

- bug usually appears in maps with enermous number of units (survival maps). Guess: the game is able to clear some limited number of dead cells, but when the number of double-cell unit deaths is exceeding this limit their 2nd cells are still remain on the map.

- I successfully reproduced this bug in vanilla YR. I used no-cd patched exe with ddraw.dll, non-cncnet version. (2016 year)

- BFs and units with OmniCrusher=yes is able to drive over this cells. You can use this to fix your map (if this is tower defense game as I suppose). Just put this setting to all units you use.

You can't "agree" or "disagree" with this. If you need proofs I can give them, but not soon. Just ask if you need.

On 11/5/2019 at 12:57 PM, Ezer_2000 said:

- some kinds of terrain way more frequently affected by this bug than other ones. Bug appears mostly on winter maps and non-default kind of terrain.

- bug usually appears in maps with enermous number of units (survival maps). Guess: the game is able to clear some limited number of dead cells, but when the number of double-cell unit deaths is exceeding this limit their 2nd cells are still remain on the map.

- BFs and units with OmniCrusher=yes is able to drive over this cells. You can use this to fix your map (if this is tower defense game as I suppose). Just put this setting to all units you use.

all completely hallucinated and wrong

I had a conversation with @McPwny and we ended up in unchecked conclusion that dead cells caused by Omnicrusher's deaths impassable for any land units.

a blatant lie using my name and also wrong

If you have destroyed omnicrushers - > cells impassable for any land units.

If you have destroyed non-omnicrushers - > cells passable only for omnicrushers.

wrong and wrong

you pm me this when i say "prove it": 

I'm not being so serious to put my efffort to "prove" this, I'm not making maps for years and proving thing like that is problematic for me.

and proceed to call me a "hater troll" in pms and ping me like six times...

dude literally why?

• Confused 1

also i should make a correction on the very first thing i said; the bug is caused when a unit occupies 3 cells at once during the turn frame, not 2 like it does during normal drive. 

someone speculated that this only happens with the "drive" locomoter, but im not going to go and do something stupid like insist something is true when i havent seen and confirmed it myself.

@Ezer_2000

WOULD YOU PLEASE? Stop talking about misunderstood things???? You look like hallicunated just stop, i want to solve this problem and you are ACTUALLY spamming here. Go get some doctor please. Everything you said are good ideas but DONT ENOUGH. I think the reason is you are gathering post count here.... i am gonna report you

[NEW UPDATE]

• Changed vehicles locomotor into infantry locomotor. It didnt help bug still appearing
Edited by Tutankhamun

thats because most infantry and tanks share locomotors, like tank destroyer and gi use the same one. im not real familiar with locomotor logic, but i do know:

{2BEA74E1-7CCA-11d3-BE14-00104B62A16C} water
{92612C46-F71F-11d1-AC9F-006008055BB5} jumpjet
{4A582742-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} hover 
{55D141B8-DB94-11d1-AC98-006008055BB5} walker (TS) 
{4A582743-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} subterranean (TS)

i honestly doubt the problem is fixable at all, but if you are hell bent on trying to hack it, this might be worth trying

• Like 1

I see your making a TD map now huh..okay..

ohh the struggle.. petty... I have an idea but i will not tell it to you because honestly... you don't deserve help from me.

Good luck solving this problem or just live with it.

This bug sometimes appear in X-Arena.

Edited by nonName

51 minutes ago, nonName said:

I see your making a TD map now huh..okay..

ohh the struggle.. petty... 

That is not about 'making TD map' like i said this problem cause every single map any time. This is nightmare for any map author. Just trying to know and share this problem in this community as much as i can. You still taking personal all of these things, okay. Good luck with that.

[NEW UPDATE]

TIPS

* To prevent the bug, vehicles should not be destroyed while turning their bodies. Rate of turn body does not work. Even if you let them instant turning, the bug is happening.

* Also another preventation tip for survival mappers is, draw a lane with single passable straight cell covered with impassable rocks or put whatever you want next around to %x1 cell i promise you wont see any bug

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, Tutankhamun said:
  • ANOTHER UPDATE

Tested  newly created map with NEWURBAN theater. Test was successful, no bugs appeared but;

• Converted my some of survival maps into newurban theater, it did no effect. bug still appearing

The newly created {new Urban map} still gives this error if there are a lot of units

!!!!!!!!!!

Except for the <dead unit> you said, this bug,

There are three other situations that cause this bug,

1. If the suspended vehicle (Robo tank) descends quickly from the hillside, this bug will definitely occur.
2. (Chrono Legionnaire) From the vehicle, getting off the vehicle will definitely produce this bug
3. Many vehicles are driving in crowded places, there are some chances for this bug

• Like 1

• 8 months later...