How Would You Counter US infantry with soviets if you are not playing Iraq?

MapDesigner

Hello,

how would you counter many US infantry defense if you're not choosing Iraq?

They have lot of range so... I would assume sending many dogs will be shredded easily with GI.

I think the best way is to attack them war miners maybe? (or run over them with tanks if they are not that many)

but if there was combination many GI's and GGIs, how would you strike? would war miners be good attack?

Tesla tanks are also great but they wont stand a chance vs mass GIs and GGIs i think.

Edit: aha V3 Launcher will force them to undeploy ? and then they will be massacred by my miners.

anyway, what are your thought on the situation and how would you tackle it?

Thanks!

Edited by MapDesigner
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, tac said:

V3 Launchers isn't really effective in many games, especially if you're using them for the sake of forcing GIs to undeploy.

But then how would you strike? 

I was thinking protecting the V3s with War miners, so they will have to move in, and if they come, war miners will be at advantage, as opposed if war miners stroke first.

Edited by MapDesigner

16 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

But then how would you strike? 

I was thinking protecting the V3s with War miners, so they will have to move in, and if they come, war miners will be at advantage, as opposed if war miners stroke first.

So, if you are playing against Allies who uses GIs, you would spend money and time building V3 Launchers and non-harvesting war miners? Good luck fighting their tanks and rocketeers or trying to get those V3 rockets land on the GGIs in one piece.

7 hours ago, tac said:

So, if you are playing against Allies who uses GIs, you would spend money and time building V3 Launchers and non-harvesting war miners? Good luck fighting their tanks and rocketeers or trying to get those V3 rockets land on the GGIs in one piece.

if he is massing* GIs and GGIs yes. but if he is having few and massing tanks, then that would be another story.

Edited by MapDesigner

This would never be an issue as the only Soviet team worth playing is Iraq, and there's never a situation where someone is going to mass GIs / GGIs and attack you with them, if someone is massing GIs and GGIs for defense you just go around them with your rhinos and pressure their miners / attack their base.

I'd suggest watching YouTube videos or live streams of pros playing so you can learn what you should be doing in your games.

If you'd like help learning the game feel free to join my Discord:
https://discord.gg/q5MEFV

14 hours ago, Andy. said:

This would never be an issue as the only Soviet team worth playing is Iraq, and there's never a situation where someone is going to mass GIs / GGIs and attack you with them, if someone is massing GIs and GGIs for defense you just go around them with your rhinos and pressure their miners / attack their base.

I'd suggest watching YouTube videos or live streams of pros playing so you can learn what you should be doing in your games.

If you'd like help learning the game feel free to join my Discord:
https://discord.gg/q5MEFV

but this also delete the porpose of this thread ?

we very will know desolator can counter it (also mentioned in OP) but I was explicitly asking if we are not choosing iraq (also mentioned in OP) 

meh

In YR GIs are OP.

In RA2 basic infantry more balanced and soviets have cloning vats.

18 hours ago, Andy. said:

just go around them with your rhinos

I guess he is talking about problem in some "camping war" map with a single pass. He is also 13-15 years old or so.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:09 PM, MapDesigner said:

Send via ALT button) flack tracks filled with dogs and conscripts + some rhinos in forward line (optional). Send via ALT button 1-2 war miners in first order if your enemy has really huge mass of GI.

*ALT+click is a forced move. This way vehicles are forced to squish light infantry (GGIs are not squishable) and they drive into enemy without stops for a fight.

@MapDesigner how would you even let your enemy to build so many infantry? If this is a small map and Allied player keep rushing with infantry you must see it and (send 2-3 scout dogs for map reveal) be ready to counter-attack with conscripts in first minutes of game. Dogs without cover are useless.

When you got war factory you can use flack tracks and tanks with dogs... etc, etc.

You can find alot of guides for new players in xwis.net forums. Read guides. Most video replays are useless if you doesn't know game basics.

Use your powerful mind to find more solutions in this simple game for kids. Post your solitions here if you find them.

And play a lot, play quick matches. Play 1v1 and 2v2 matches in classical non-modded maps. Experience of watching game video streams will make you PRO videogame streams watcher, NOT a PRO player.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

but this also delete the porpose of this thread ?

we very will know desolator can counter it (also mentioned in OP) but I was explicitly asking if we are not choosing iraq (also mentioned in OP) 

meh

If you don't have desos then you just go around the mass GIs and GGIs and kill their base with rhinos

9 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

In YR GIs are OP.

In RA2 basic infantry more balanced and soviets have cloning vats.

YES, I almost forgot. this isnt even documented properly in the wiki.

Here are the stats for GIs; I just pulled the data now from the INI files.

Spoiler

[Para] (RA2)
Damage=15
ROF=15
Range=5
Warhead=SSA
Report=GIAttackDeployed

[Para](Yuri)
Damage=25;23
ROF=15
Range=5
Warhead=SSA
Report=GIAttackDeployed

but perhaps they had to do this change to counter soviet rush.

Edited by MapDesigner

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, MapDesigner said:

Hello,

They have lot of range so... I would assume sending many dogs will be shredded easily with GI.

I think the best way is to attack them war miners maybe? (or run over them with tanks if they are not that many)

but if there was combination many GI's and GGIs, how would you strike? would war miners be good attack?

Tesla tanks are also great but they wont stand a chance vs mass GIs and GGIs i think.

Edit: aha V3 Launcher will force them to undeploy ? and then they will be massacred by my miners.

anyway, what are your thought on the situation and how would you tackle it?

Thanks!

In Online. There would not really be any scenario. Where someone. Is gonna spam masses. Of Infantry. :D You might do it vs AI Sure. But on PvP Its a general waste of money. + Snipers/Virus Prisms. Sieges. Desos. would counter them well :P :D But If one would really try and counter Allies Infantry without Iraq Sieges. got some Good Armour and range if deployed ❤️ 

57 minutes ago, McPwny said:

i would spam rhino tanks

:P❤️ :D :)  But If one is Yuri Should they spam Hungry Yuri Brutes? Or is It Impossible for the Hungry Yuri Brutes to win vs Human Players? It Ofcourse Depends. How much Hungry Yuri Brutes are spammed and what the enemy builds to counter them. :P :D❤️ :) But is rhino heavy tank spam really gonna work, Vs the Infantry The Topic Guy mentioned? :P :) :D❤️ 

• Upvote 1
  • Check 1

47 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Don't forget you're playing YR and not RA2. YR allies got GGIs. Your earlier suggestions in this topic were right.

Yeah some Hungry. People. forgot to read the title. And if all what your gonna spam is rhino heavy tanks vs GGIs. GL. Feeding them elite ones for free. ❤️