how to change properties of a unit for map?

CCCP84

RA2 mode in CNCNET has bug whith a yuri prime unit, which make playing against it impossible. It can capture up to 10 units. In original RA2 it can capture only 1 and thats right. Administration of cncnet doesnt react on this. So, can i solve this problem only for my maps?

Also i'd like to solve problem whith killing oil derrick whith freezing it by chrono legionaire for 1 second and more, that stops it bringing money. Can it be solved for map?

Edited by CCCP84

thanks, i already made this:

[YURIPR]
Primary=SuperMindControl1

[SuperMindControl1]
Damage=1;Needed to be considered offensive unit
ROF=200
Range=30
Projectile=PsychicControl
Speed=100
Warhead=Controller
;Report=YuriMindControl
Anim=YURICNTL
FireOnce=yes

But i will try your method. it looks more laconic. thanks a lot!

Will it make YR mode work wrong? I dont play YR and dont know how it works. There is yuri prime too, right?

Can you say something about this? : Also i'd like to solve problem whith killing oil derrick whith freezing it by chrono legionaire for 1 second and more, that stops it bringing money. Can it be solved for map?

Edited by CCCP84
  • Like 1

changing the damage should be all it takes because there was a change in logic to make 'damage=' on mind control weps to mean 'mind control amount' between ra2 and yr. if not, clone the normal yuri wep and change the range= and rof= to make it the same as that old yr prime wep

ive never even heard of the oil derrick thing before, is it a ra2 and yr or just ra2 mode bug? does the building's animation stop after being chronod?

it not only ra2 bug. YR too.

Animation doesnt stop. thats why nobody knows this. But it stops to bring money. If somebody else will recapture it, it become bring money again.

Its a big problem i think. If everybody will know this, it will change tactics of game. it is very bad thing...

How do you think, can it be solved by redacting map file?

And how to solve this?: MCV, captured by yuri, cant be deployed! Its a problem. (In original RA2 it can)

Do you know?

your right about the oil derrick thing, which is a really bogus and exploitable bug. i tried a few things but i cant fix that

the mcv captured by yuri thing isnt a bug though, the reason they made it like that was because you used to be able to cap a conyard with yr prime, undeploy the mcv, and redeploy it and it would now be your building without being mind controled

On 2/21/2020 at 6:25 PM, cypher said:

@Grant @RaVaGe

never heard of this oil derrick bug before, but if it's true, it should be fixed soon IMHO

This bug has been known by the competitive community & staff for years, it's not easy to fix and requires a lot of time from an experienced software developer.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:37 PM, CCCP84 said:

@dkeeton