What mod is all the survival maps using?

Jeb

A lot of the survival maps seem to use the same mod, but despite how hard I try to google it, I just can't seem to find any information on the mod.

It has things like, Laser tanks going below ground, elite flak troopers/grand cannon shooting nukes, volkswagon, mindblower, giant squid, testa troopers garrisoned in bunkers, etc etc...

I hate MISSING for doing this. All those survivals are stolen and he just slapped his shitty edits over it, yet EVERYONE host them now. Really the most negative thing I noticed when I came back to CnCnet

Not all of them have the MISSING in the title, so it discredit the actual creators and he credit himself for slapping his shit edits in it.

Edited by Ra2Nub

What is in my mind is  not MISSING mod, .......What is in my mind , how there are more players in the older command and conquer games?

I mean if we go back we find more players but if we go to the latest command and conquer games we find less players, although the 3D command and conquer games look better and more advanced......I don't understand how people love 2D more than 3D.....how???? I mean look, currently there are 500 players online in yuri's revenge cncnet, Do I understand that we don't need more command and conquer games? I mean we go back to 90s? we get new 2D command and conquer games? Will EA gain more money from 2D games more than 3D games that look better and advanced? Probably people hate command and conquer Rivals surely because it is mobile game, but probably the main reason is because it is 3D, maybe EA should turn Rivals to 2D,  probably they will gain money like gold from Rivals if it is 2D. Yeah probably EA doesn't need any effort to make 3D games they just make 2D games and this costs them less time and less money probably it is better for them so they can gain more money....and probably it is better for the players that EA go back to make 2D command and conquer games...... And probably there will be no 3D command and conquer games remaster, Yeah, why would they do that? They will probably gain few money, and probably they should remove all  the 3D command and conquer games from steam and origin...delete them completely from the history, maybe it is good for EA that they cancelled Generals 2, yeah, think about it, as you can see most of the community love 2D command and conquer games....that is something that can't be understandable...but ok no problem if the community wants that ....then no problem at all lets go back to 90s.

Edited by ᅚᅚᅚ

On 3/15/2020 at 7:49 AM, Ra2Nub said:

I hate MISSING for doing this. All those survivals are stolen and he just slapped his shitty edits over it, yet EVERYONE host them now. Really the most negative thing I noticed when I came back to CnCnet

Not all of them have the MISSING in the title, so it discredit the actual creators and he credit himself for slapping his shit edits in it.

I agree with this. I can tolerate but I do not like his "shit edits". What i can not tolerate is the retarded crashes. 

Why don't people stop hosting his shitty maps then and let's go back to the origionals?

he has made 15 edited versions of every map anyone else has ever made, and people cant delete maps... so yeah. just try joining a surv game and asking the host if they have any not-missing maps at all once.

.............then no problem at all lets go back to 90s.

Yes.

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2020 at 4:01 PM, McPwny said:

its an ini mod made by a guy who calls himself 'MISSING'. its been copy and pasted into hundreds and hundreds of maps and every single one of those maps is chalk full of internal errors and recon errors. you will probably never beat one.

http://mapdb.cncnet.org/search.php?game=yr&age=0&search=missing

heres a list of all of them on cncnet

man its too many duplicated maps  .do you no any way to filter them and skip the replayed maps ?? i wanna download them all  kindly help me 

well he has been dumping his ini edits into maps, mostly other people's survival maps, for years and he doesnt label version. maby you could sort by date and download the "new" versions with some luck, but really i have to suggest just looking for the original survival maps that dont have his edits.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:42 PM, McPwny said:

he has made 15 edited versions of every map anyone else has ever made, and people cant delete maps... so yeah. just try joining a surv game and asking the host if they have any not-missing maps at all once.

Yes.

Open a skirmish gameroom, and right-click a custom map to delete it.

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na

• 6 months later...

I have seen a couple of those maps... I was never a fan of the modified units.  When I made my (handful) of maps I simply made small edits to things like your recent game balance changes... to make computers smarter, build faster and attack better... though I could have implemented much more scripting than I did... 

I relied on the trick to make allies double up and soviets quadruple build - so you'd be going after a pc 2x or 4x harder -- using smarter attacks... 

My fav map - Polynesia - took me almost 100 labor hours to build and tweak... pretty strong Naval battle map; I've never seen a better naval map in the game.. as naval mostly doesnt work...   

I even added Chronosphere triggars for EVERY country - but only the first country to get a unit onto the 'trigger spot' would activate the trigger -- the elite naval units would chronosphere in - and the white troops would auto assign to your personal control... worked GREAT...

Until a new anti cheat measure was created by Olafs team on xwis.. then anytime someone would activate the reinforcement trigger the game would wash out like someone had cheated...   so its been an offline only map since that awful day... made me quite sad.

*I always labeled my maps with Text triggers in game, and version info on the map file - and in the text portion of the map file....   thats just the programmer in me lmao... I can't imagine releasing maps that are unfinished...  I'd make 10 testing versions and test it with a few friends (who were told to delete them) before releasing the final...

Alas, my final map was never finished.. City fights back 'pro'... I expanded Cannis Rabidus's 4 player map to an 8 player masterpiece... was adding my naval teams, and the ground teams... 120 hours in on version 18 of my map I broke a trigger someplace and messed up the whole soviet side... wouldnt you know I mis placed the versions between 10 and 18... and I didnt wanna go back and rebuild it from version 9... 

Do we have any map makers out here who wanna collaborate? lmao.

On 3/30/2022 at 5:34 PM, bdizzle18 said:

My fav map - Polynesia - took me almost 100 labor hours to build and tweak... pretty strong Naval battle map; I've never seen a better naval map in the game.. as naval mostly doesnt work...   

You might like OCEANIA:

Edited by Sam-I-am
  • Like 1