May QM tournament requests

Avesta

Please make it public exactly what time & time zone the ladder re-sets for the next month.

Additionally, I would like to re-visit the decision to allow more than a single username per player per month.

• Like 1

a plurality for one nick in the poll..

the thousandth time this has had to be discussed. The map selection should be a representative selection of what the whole community plays ! ! !   Not a subset of them 

who is king of a tiny corner of this kingdom this month?

I have been playing 20 years, I estimate over 150,00 games in that time.... how many of them have I ever played even once? guess?

the less inclusive of a selection, the less players you will have, don't cry....

its 6-7  topics down when i wrote this 1 nick over 3 by a 2-1 margin 5+ way behind...   what ya afraid of?

Ladder Poll: Nickname limits 1 2

By dkeeton, August 29, 2019
Edited by amokk

What are you on about ?

The ladder maps are all fine and good, the ranked ladder is to mirror official gaming and propper ts,  not super speed shity mod maps with unlimited cash and speedy harvs. 

I mean it’s so boring to play modders on speed maps and hear them cry you eng rushed me, you breaking the rules. Which rules, the rules you decided ? 

All I get from your post is, you played so much and still dunno how to play half decent ?

3 logs is fine. 

WW time it was 4 as I recall.

Edited by Weaponx

all i get from your post is that reading for comprehension is not one of your strengths..

just reporting the documented wishes of the community...

not your little clique, the community....

include what you deem 'official' or 'proper' or exclude what you feel is boring...lol 

(not prooper, you would be the prooper not the maps  ignorant fool,)

15 years ago I played well enough to win the tournament,  one nick, in my late 50's

Edited by amokk

1 hour ago, amokk said:

all i get from your post is that reading for comprehension is not one of your strengths..

just reporting the documented wishes of the community...

not your little clique, the community....

include what you deem 'official' or exclude what you feel is boring...lol

15 years ago I played well enough to win the tournament,  in my late 50's

Don’t make me laugh, you never been good and never will be. 

As for you, appointing yourself as a spokesman for the community is laughable.

Since when was mod games on the ts ladder ever ? It has never been. I played ranked tournament since 1999, and it have always been about official maps and gaming without speed buffs and giant style gaming. That’s just idiotic.

That said, there won’t be giant style gaming on the ladder, so learn to live with it.

And don’t pm your none sense, keep your bullshit to yourself.

12 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

As for you, appointing yourself as a spokesman for the community is laughable.

that's what you are doing..you don't speak for me

it was any map you chose to host. shows again you don't know what you are talking about

Edited by amokk
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, amokk said:

that's what you are doing..you don't speak for me

it was any map you chose to host. shows again you don't know what you are talking about

That’s not true, since I reported people using a cheat map where for instance pad could 1 shot a building, being a “mod map”, and they got their ranks reset.

So perhaps you don’t know what your talking about ? 

I played mods like docs and land o death on the ladder, as well as stock maps when I won, so perhaps it is you ? 

51-1 and the 1 was a instant win. remember that over b4 the mcv fully deployed, 

and you right to you it has always been about stock maps.  you might see beyond that someday.

that's my point not everyone is about stock maps there are others....

Edited by amokk

You won? What a joke. I won rank 1 several times playing proper maps,

There is several different classes of mod maps, some where units are extremely changed and some where it’s just map design. 

I am just pointing out, majority of players who played and won ladder played official maps, and not giant style maps, since a lot of these players got rank reset.

that you 1 player won once, and played some idiot map because you lacked skills and didn’t  banned has nothing to do with the issue at hand. 

Ladder games where always meant to be played on official maps without mods, to reflect the game they had made and released, and not some bullshit mode where you could build unlimited dogs or some other shit. (Which also is a mod on some maps). 

Edited by Weaponx

again deciding what is proper  >>self appointing again

'majority of players who played and won ladder played official maps, and not giant style maps'  or  'Since when was mod games on the ts ladder ever ? It has never been. '

you can't even keep your story straight for 5 minutes you should go back and edit your posts so everyone won't know you are a moron

Edited by amokk

52 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

Since when was mod games on the ts ladder ever ? It has never been.

or

34 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

I am just pointing out, majority of players who played and won ladder played official maps, and not giant style maps

My bad 18 minutes.......

Edited by amokk

Your an idiot.

Perhaps read what I wrote ? Might help if you could understand it aswell ? 

1) there is different types of mod maps, some are just map design and tib placement etc, colours,

Other have slightly modified units and even new units, which are not buildable in ts unless it’s modded.

2)How do you Explain players getting rank reset for playing on mod map? I knew 2 players who got rank reset for using green moon map on ladder cheating other players, even it was a mod map ? Like I mentioned it could be a heli pad, or a specify building giving you option to build fiends etc.

as said, the majority of players who won the ladder played official maps, and I knew a great bunch of them including myself.

and back to topic, no we don’t need shit giant and mod maps on ladder, if you can’t handle it, that’s to bad. Also it won’t make a difference for your wining streak, it will still be terrible, and all we will get is more newbs like you, who won’t learn to play the game properly as it was attended, and who will cry on forums, once some one engs you or send you oP modded harv bombs on giants.

Sad fact, your a shit player  doesn’t matter if it’s modded or officials maps, and it haven’t changed for 20years.

Edited by Weaponx

And because you played mod maps and pushed your way into rank1, by playing a lot of games, doesn’t make you a good player or even considering a decent player.

Your one player out of how many who won rank1 on official maps ? 

And  your mod maps what did they include?  Which type of mod maps where they?  

it’s simply idiotic to think a mod map with a pad which can one shot a building, is considered valid gaming on ranked games. 

we meaning you or we meaning all the members of the community?

we meaning what you play, or we meaning what all the members of the community play

we meaning what you like, or we meaning what all the members of the community like?

you certainly don't mean what we play on the ladder because that is only what you play

you reading what I wrote?

Edited by amokk

did you ask a question?

looks to me like you just decided for everyone.

a question would go like this

What maps do you think we should have on the ladder....?

and I would answer.....

What you play and what I play both regardless of what I think of your maps......

Edited by amokk

10 hours ago, amokk said:

did you ask a question?

looks to me like you just decided for everyone.

a question would go like this

What maps do you think we should have on the ladder....?

and I would answer.....

What you play and what I play both regardless of what I think of your maps......

No thanks, you’re  an idiot, who has no rights.  

Thanks now that’s settled, can we move on to what the topic started with, before it was derailed by an moron, who don’t have brain power to open his own topic.

“Please make it public exactly what time & time zone the ladder re-sets for the next month.”

I agree with this, it would be useful :)

Edited by Weaponx

56 minutes ago, Weaponx said:

No thanks, your an idiot, who have no rights.  

only a tyrant would think that......

proper would be >  you're an idiot, who has no rights.

and idiot means 'a stupid person'... are you reading what I'm writing?

and I like two lefts....

Edited by amokk

My English gamma does not change the fact, that you’re retarded and clearly can’t stay on topic.

I love being a “tyrant”, so what you going to do about it? Nothing, that’s what I thought. 

Please make it public exactly what time & time zone the ladder re-sets for the next month. 

//Agree its a great idea.

Additionally, I would like to re-visit the decision to allow more than a single username per player per month.

// The majority wants more then 1 log which can be seen on polls. But im all for another vote if that's the case.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Haha 1

For the record, on WOL there were no restrictions to usernames able to play in the 1v1 tournament and you were able to set any map or options you wanted. Including maps with built in cheats and no title change. For example you could make yourself receive 100k credits by selling a silo. It was up to the players to keep record of the other players who hosted games with cheat maps. On the official ladders you didn’t get punished for cheating, pushing, or reaming either. So if you got the password to another players name you had free reign to steal all their points. 

And lets not forget dodging. All you had to do to avoid losing points to a better player was not join their game or ban them if they joined you. 

The cncnet system is superior in every way. I think having 3 user names is great if used respectfully. But unfortunately, it leaves open the opportunity to be manipulative by going on a different log if someone good is currently active in Q while switching to your main log If you get matched up with someone whose lower skill. 

I don’t believe it’s responsible to leave that ability in the tournament ladder even though some people want to have more logs to separate their gdi/nod/mess around game play.

With more player activity this wouldn’t be relevant but I think until things are active enough to where multiple people are in Q at all times things should be limited to 1.

Edited by Avesta
  • Like 1

I should add however, that players in the ladder are worth more points the higher their ranking is. On WOL people were able to avoid people who were trying to take points from them without risking their own via refusing to accept games from players who did not have a high enough ranking.

It is not fair for the #1 rank player to have to risk a larger amount of points vs someone who is playing them on their throw away account. And it is also not fair for a lower ranked player to get a win on the #1 ranked player who is using his throw away account and not get an appropriate point exchange.

we could hold a poll that simply asks “should games be fair” and I highly doubt in this community we would get a 100% vote for yes. Some things need to be implemented out of fairness whether or not some people like it.

Edited by Avesta
  • Like 1