Ladder Poll: Nickname limits

dkeeton

Ladder Poll: Nickname limits  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Nickname limit

I think two is reasonable since some people only want one. I see both sides tbh. Even 3 wouldnt be so bad. If the map pool wasnt so hideous to me i would make use of at least one multiple log. Even tho i voted for two i dont care that much if people wanna hide as it can be fun and go both ways. 

The only argument for more than one is manipulation and abuse. Why is this even up for debate?

anyone who voted for more than 1 is looking for exploits for an unfair advantage. Grounds for removal from competition in my opinion. 

I challenge anyone to give one good reason to allow more than 1.

• Like 1

Lot of people care too much about looking bad and give up before they even try.

Lot of people know that if you know who they are, you know how to play them more properly, so they can more easily catch you off guard.

Lot of people want to play a faction they are not used to, without looking like a newb when they fail with said faction repeatedly.

I agree it can easily be abused and personally am one of the players that doesn't namehide (despite what some people may think), but two logins is a lot better than 'infinite'.

44 minutes ago, Humble said:

Lot of people care too much about looking bad and give up before they even try.

Lot of people know that if you know who they are, you know how to play them more properly, so they can more easily catch you off guard.

Lot of people want to play a faction they are not used to, without looking like a newb when they fail with said faction repeatedly.

I agree it can easily be abused and personally am one of the players that doesn't namehide (despite what some people may think), but two logins is a lot better than 'infinite'.

I agree with everyone of these points. But I think they could all be satisfied via the player simply registering a single unrecognized username at the beginning of each tournament period.

I could be convinced to allowing 2 logs provided that 1 is required to use gdi and the other is required to use nod. This would be good to have if there were separate rankings for nod and gdi.

1 hour ago, Weaponx said:

I don’t have to explain anything nor do I have to give you of all people, a reason of why.

It simple is fine and the vote clearly shows support for more logins then 1.

Enough said.

Well then I guess the cheaters/babies/haters win and as usual TS loses.

How do i cheat? enlighten us.

- Does this include everyone with more then 1 login, if so the "cheaters" are : Tight4life, Corpsmakr, Steelcore, Trz, John, and the list goes on.

If you prefer 1 login, you make one login, rest of us will make more.

But i am curious, you do not play at all, sometime you hit one ffg, mostly you spec and talk crap to people. So what difference does it make to you, if the majority who plays ladder wants more then 1 log?

I am for 3 logins even 2logins, it makes it more fun. I like to level all my logs to top 10, preferable rank 1,2,3.   

17 minutes ago, Fine Cigar said:

Unlimited logs suffice. 

A reason I completely stopped playing is because sometimes I just wanted to play without chatting to anyone and just chilling. But I couldnt because if you click on a username it brings up a list of names they have used.

That's not the case with the ladder, you don't have to have the same logs on the ladder that you do when you play regular games. So if you never log in to play a casual terr/ff game with whatever ladder name you're using, it won't show it in the names list.

1 hour ago, Fine Cigar said:

I'm not interested in the ladder. I'm a fun ffg kind of person. But I'd still like to ffg without needing to be impolite and converse with people. Some days you just want to play like that.

Should be able to delete and remove previous logs list

I have to say that I agree 100% with this notion. Having to go through the bullshit ordeal of cleaning out registry or out right buying a new PC/hard drive etc to be able to play anonymously is ridiculous.

Obviously participating in tournament play should require registration. But for standard play I really despise the way cncnet intrudes your computer to keep track of you and displays all your previous used logs for all players to see.

Even just changing it so that only moderators can view username history on the client would be an improvement.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:01 PM, Weaponx said:

How do i cheat? enlighten us.

- Does this include everyone with more then 1 login, if so the "cheaters" are : Tight4life, Corpsmakr, Steelcore, Trz, John, and the list goes on.

If you prefer 1 login, you make one login, rest of us will make more.

But i am curious, you do not play at all, sometime you hit one ffg, mostly you spec and talk crap to people. So what difference does it make to you, if the majority who plays ladder wants more then 1 log?

I am for 3 logins even 2logins, it makes it more fun. I like to level all my logs to top 10, preferable rank 1,2,3.   

I always only used one.  

Only when you and wuss started multiplying and when the ladder got changed to having to verify email address did I have to make a new one. And then I made a few more to join in and piss about lol. At least the ladder looked a bit busier, and essentially was encouraging more people to play. 

WTF you on about? You had numerous logins and still do.

TheFootclan, Somulo, Trigger, Steelcore, mstrspilntr, bogeyman, ir0nyoudown  look at the games played on  +12 on each.

Im geussing your invictus?

lol.....

But hey im all for more logs, the limit now maks 3 is  fine, even i might only use 2.

Edited by Weaponx

Rofl not all me.  My first new log was Trigger. Before then I always used steel0re until it wanted a verification email which I cant get to. Hence the  Trigger log. Then steelcore remake and ir0nudown. Then it became clear you and wuss had about 10 logs each so I made a few more to piss about with too. 

Check all other previous months, bar the last 3 and only ever used steelc0re same log every month. 

Footclan, mstrspinter and somulo are you.... and loads of games played.

I just make new logs each month the last 3 months, but it doesnt mean i played with so many logs. The last 3 months i had a different rank1 log.

Wuss doesnt even play ladder. Most of the nod games played are either you, or trz, and some random noobs.

I think 3 is OK, I'd also be fine with 1 or 2. 

3 allows flexibility, unfortunately @Black there are other arguments for more than 1 nickname other than manipulation and abuse. Some people play with a certain side/faction with one nickname and different with other names. Others like a try-hard nickname and a play-easy nickname, etc. 

It's not all about rank busting and manipulation. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Weaponx said:

Footclan, mstrspinter and somulo are you.... and loads of games played.

I just make new logs each month the last 3 months, but it doesnt mean i played with so many logs. The last 3 months i had a different rank1 log.

Wuss doesnt even play ladder. Most of the nod games played are either you, or trz, and some random noobs.

The fun of not knowing who your playing rofl

guess who? Try harder. 

• Like 1