Ladder Poll: Nickname limits

dkeeton

Ladder Poll: Nickname limits  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Nickname limit

7 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

I think 3 is OK, I'd also be fine with 1 or 2. 

3 allows flexibility, unfortunately @Black there are other arguments for more than 1 nickname other than manipulation and abuse. Some people play with a certain side/faction with one nickname and different with other names. Others like a try-hard nickname and a play-easy nickname, etc. 

It's not all about rank busting and manipulation. 

Cool, this might blow your mind.. but you can actually play both factions on a single account. For this to be valid there needs to be separated rankings for nod and gdi.

Sorry, but in a competition where we are keeping score you need to lose your points if you want to play “easy”.. Changing usernames to play “easy” so you don’t lose points is literally the fucking definition of abuse.

imagine if Jon Jones was the UFC champion but he cloned himself so that he could also be the #1 and 2 contender. So that he could take it easy vs himself in title fights while he uses his alternate bodies to prevent anyone else from ever getting a title shot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Black said:

Cool, this might blow your mind.. but you can actually play both factions on a single account. For this to be valid there needs to be separated rankings for nod and gdi.

Sorry, but in a competition where we are keeping score you need to lose your points if you want to play “easy”.. Changing usernames to play “easy” so you don’t lose points is literally the fucking definition of abuse.

imagine if Jon Jones was the UFC champion but he cloned himself so that he could also be the #1 and 2 contender. So that he could take it easy vs himself in title fights while he uses his alternate bodies to prevent anyone else from ever getting a title shot.

Your analogy sucks really hard. This is not UFC lol. Nothing alike. 

And you have as much chance of the TS TITLE as anyone else, on 1, 2 or 3 logs. Only if your good enough and play enough games ofcourse. 

You know when do you want to implement a games limit per month? 

Think your just gunning for a knockout tournament of sorts rather than a rank ladder for a game. TS isn't a blood sport.  Unless you have multiple computers you ain't gonna play vs yourself... and if you do then that is the definition of abuse. That would be classed as cheating, wouldn't it?

And yeah allowing people to play easy/experimental on another log I would hazard a guess will increase games played. Maybe they just wanna quick game.... this multi log system allows for that option. It allows for playing other maps you don't play on your main etc. Theres a multitude of reasons. 

Heck if you was good enough you could have rank 1, 2 and 3. But nevermind, keep on about how your just not good enough to compete. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dkeeton said:

Do you have any problem logging in here? https://ladder.cncnet.org/account

Hi, i have 2 e-mails registered here, both are mine, but used by different persons. One is used by me and the other was used by my brother, when he played.

One doesn´t let me do anything and says it isn´t registered and the other doesn´t send any message to my e-mail.

• 7 months later...

Alright, so mola having at least 4 active logs on the ladder and constantly alternating them to prevent chance of point loss on higher point logs is against the rules, correct?  (Which is the reason one name on the ladder is sufficient).

(Snk, wpx, versus, triggered, downshift, k2, however many others there are)

Edited by c0rpsmakr
  • Haha 1

im not downshift, triggered (might be trz, nme, steel  and the list goes on) and k2 not been used. (Since the ladder was reset and the  reset resulting in deleting nicks and rankings, so is not my fault if i missed that a  log like k2 had 2 games on it, and how does k2 effect you? it clearly doesnt as it owned 2 newbs).

Stop crying btw. all my 3 logs which i used snk wpx and versus had more points then your rubish account.

lose of points? You are delusional, firstly i raped you hard with all logs, and your the one who jumps on unranked log to play me, so why shouldnt i use my lowest ranked log, which still was higher then your?

17-31 xxcomxx (U lost to me all ur games)
7-20 t1tan (u lost to me again all your games).

i win  9/10 games vs you corps, your child's play.

Damn losing that much to a me, a clearly better player, really effects you. Seek help.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, Hungry Mike said:

I have 20 or 30 nicknames. Because sometimes, Pence is hungry, sometimes hes greedy, sometimes my Arnolds are hungry or greedy, and so on... .

Dont take that fun away :(:D

ok, sybil,

and even if you are sybil,  one nick limit on the tourney as it is just you.

would masking the name (and faction and even map!!!!) solve the dodging problems?

more to the spirit of you against a random unknown opponent? (are you scared of what is lurking in the fog of war?)  Boo!!!

Edited by amokk

Btw people  can’t count? 11 people wanted more then 1 log, only 10 wants 1 log.

Majority wanted more then one log, so its logical 2 logs as a minimum wins.

So Who ever claiming 1 log was majority clearly don’t know how to read a poll?

Edited by Weaponx
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Weaponx said:

Btw people  can’t count? 11 people wanted more then 1 log, only 10 wants 1 log.

Majority wanted more then one log, so its logical 2 logs as a minimum wins.

So Who ever claiming 1 log was majority clearly don’t know how to read a poll?

10 votes for (11 wanted other than)  1 log

1 vote for (20 wanted other than) 2 logs

5 votes for (16 wanted other than) 3 logs 

1 vote for ( 20  wanted other than) 9 logs

4 votes for (17 wanted other than) unlimited logs

any other combination would display the same outcome showing more wanted the other choices, and by a wider margin.

and plurality is the word i used.

You truly, truly are an ignorant person.

Edited by amokk

First of all:
Guest doesnt count, we dont know who it was (it could be corps again). Since when is Beasty ("HoHE") a TS player, lol? Hes a RA1 player, trolling us. So we have 8 legitimate votes for 1 name. 9 for less then 3, 10 for 3 or more. So the "3s" have it!

Its just: I guess Djin is Mola. He r**ped me on ladder with nasty tactics, and i was a pathetic crybaby after. Would he have used a different name, i would have behaved differently. It showed, i am a hypocrite sometimes. Good, that i can learn from that mistake :). So: Let 3 names be possible!

• Like 1

I think he cant read a poll bro.

It clearly shows:

10 votes for 1 log.

11 votes for more then 1 log.

Who wins, multiply logs, or at least having  minimum of 2 logs.

It really is not hard to understand?

Edited by Weaponx
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

at least 16 don't want any of the multiple logs some more    only 11 don't want 1 log

11 don't want 1 log

20 don't want 2 logs

16 don't want 3 logs

20 don't want 9 logs

17 don't want unlimited logs 

lets use tournament wins in place of...

player A has 10 wins

player B has 1 win

player C has 5 wins

player D has 1 win

player E has 4 wins

you're saying player A doesn't win because the other 4 players all together have more wins than player A

lol

Edited by amokk
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, amokk said:

at least 16 don't want any of the multiple logs some more    only 11 don't want 1 log

11 don't want 1 log

20 don't want 2 logs

16 don't want 3 logs

20 don't want 9 logs

player A has 10 wins

player B has 1 win

player C has 5 wins

player D has 1 win

player E has 4 wins

you're saying player A doesn't win because the other 4 players all together have more wins than player A

lol

Can’t believe I agree with Amokk.. Now I have to question everything I know about life. ??

Edited by Avesta

1 hour ago, Avesta said:

Now I have to question everything I know about life.

You are not the only one...?

every once in a while I question everything also

Edited by amokk

12 hours ago, amokk said:

11 don't want 1 log

20 don't want 2 logs

16 don't want 3 logs

20 don't want 9 logs

player A has 10 wins

player B has 1 win

player C has 5 wins

player D has 1 win

player E has 4 wins

lol

You dont have the majority of the votes (50%+x). Therefore, your motion has been denied. ;)  

• Like 1