CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3dprintedwaffles@gmail.co

All titles fail to function launched from Origin (Win10)

Question

I got the complete whatchawhatever from Origin and I'm trying to relive the wonderful days of my introduction to RTS, but it seems as if none of the games are functioning.

For Tiberian Sun, clicking anything in the menu freezes the whole program.

For C&C RA2/YR, the mouse is invisible.

And so on.

Is it really necessary to download third party patches for games that Origin (Electronic Assholes) are charging money for?

You have my thanks and best wishes,

Me

1 answer to this question

On 7/12/2020 at 2:41 AM, [email protected] said:

I got the complete whatchawhatever from Origin and I'm trying to relive the wonderful days of my introduction to RTS, but it seems as if none of the games are functioning.

For Tiberian Sun, clicking anything in the menu freezes the whole program.

For C&C RA2/YR, the mouse is invisible.

And so on.

Is it really necessary to download third party patches for games that Origin (Electronic Assholes) are charging money for?

You have my thanks and best wishes,

Me

Yes, all the patches needed to play the games from Yuri's Revenge and earlier are available in the download menu here on the CnCNet website.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Phantom007
      After the latest patch, I can join games; however, when the game begins to load I load by myself. As does whomever I am with and the game immediately goes to (VICTORIOUS) No one is ever synced up and loading at the same time. Not only do I have this problem joining other games, I created my own and no one syncs up- loads at the same time. I have changed servers etc. Finally I have a friend I always play with, he has the same issues/ never syncs with others. Even when he has created his own games. We have not been able to play for days as every time it loads- no one loads together and the game immediately shows victorious and puts players back into the game lobby. 
    • By MsMnMs
      I just downloaded the Tiberian Sun: Firestorm game from the site and I was so excited to get to play this game again. Then when I went to click on the icon to start playing, I received a notice that the extention 'Game.exe' had been moved or was deleted and I have no way to play this game that I just installed. Can anyone help tell me why? Windows 10 x64 OS.

• By bthncgdr1
      https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/739246335882035260/739267544107581491/unknown.png what is the solution to it?
    • By PandaDent
      Hi,
         I just downloaded the latest update 7.5 and it caused my display screen to shrink into a small box on the upper right corner.  How do I increase the size to fit my monitor?

Thanks for your help.

• By stoz
      Hi,
      I installed cncnet_1.0_all.deb successfully however when it tries to run the initial setup/update it gives an error:
      Download failed: Success. In the window behind it seems that it is trying to download dotnetfx.exe and failing with the error "Cannot connect".
      Subsequent attempts to launch cncnet give the following error:
      0009:err:mscoree:CLRRuntimeInfo_GetRuntimeHost Wine Mono is not installed However, if I run
      rm -rf ~/.local/share/cncnet then run cncnet it will open the cncnet window with the same "Download failed: Success." error while trying to download dotnetfx.exe
      I am running Pop! OS 20.04 which is based on Ubuntu 20.04. Any help is appreciated.