GDI is OP.

Weaponx

To who ever thinks nod is OP, clearly lacks knowledge of the game, skill set etc. 

GDI has all the advantages of offensive and defensive play on basically all maps.

1. Bomber, Rpg, Titan is all you need for a solid defence vs nod.  Used and placed correctly and youll stop all eng attacks. 

2. Mk + carrier due to speed of carrier and power of MK, they can harv hunt all over the map, and basically unstoppable, only reason a hijacker would get a mk, is if you are not focussed.

3. Expanding as GDI couldn't be easier. Ref, titan, Ref titan and a single sensor, and your set. A sub comes up, you sell the ref, and sub is destroyed due to titans and nod gets nothing out of that attack. You get 1k a harv and place a new ref. 

Now look at nod expansion? Ref- PP- Sam, and we can keep going on. So each time a ref or 2 is placed you need to make PP and a few sams or youll lose your expand, on top of that you need to make some defensive units for your expand, rockets, bikes, ticks, art a mixture of all.  

So nod is already behind while expanding, compared to gdi. 

4. The Titan, offensive and defensive unit. Best unit In-game.  So GDI while expanding, and using titans for defensive, if means they are stacking a huge offensive army aswell as the same time.

5. Higest Tier unit , CC (Req Tech and a ton2 to build) misses targets like moving titans, disrs and harvesters. While the MK(Just req tech to build) always hits, no  miss at all.

6. Nod units like ticks, art, etc die to 1 bomber round, 5-7 ticks deployed even.

So if you as a gdi player cant beat a nod player, it has nothing to do with nod being OP. The fact ism your gdi skills are lacking.

These are the facts.

*Final note. Nod goes banshee and most of the time half way true, youll lose banshee to map bug. They get stuck and you cant retrieve them. You notice losing a banshee when there is a hole in the shroud, and a banshee 1500, so if you lose 4-5, think about how many titans enemy making for that cash.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Like 1

Hate to break this to you Mola, but some of us have known this for over 20 years ? 

Honestly though, the imbalance in this game is one of the main reasons I just couldn't be asked with it anymore. It's just silly how imbalanced it is trying to defend vs GDI when one bomber kills most of your defense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weaponx said:

I know, but some players calling the minor vet fixes for OP. I just find it laughable.

I still give everyone a beat down, but its getting old the imbalance. A fair game would be more fun ?

Maybe a VET+ mod? Were Arnolds get tank destroying weapons too, Tanks are stronger, Stealth Tanks cost only 800 $ and have higher armo, bikes can hit flying objects and are as strong as in TD again, buggies are better, and so on? Haha.

Lets

destroy

GDI!

• Like 1

I agree. I mean, I played Dawn of War 2 competitively for several years, and the whole approach to balance and counters was so much more effective. At least if you were in a stacked game you always felt you had a chance with skill and ingenuity to do something. 

I know this sounds a bit weird but the fact gdi are op is one of the main reasons I stopped playing with them... especially as the imba is so much more pronounced on TS compared to FS which is where I was at my competitive prime. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 8:36 AM, Avesta said:

Play with Firestorm mode on if you want balanced game.

My words! Reaper time ;) 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:36 AM, Avesta said:

Or stop playing small open maps

NO!!!!!!!!!!! My Arnolds love them :). Me and Mola rekt TIgerr and Energy in a 4 min coffee to go game. Both were angry after that game :D.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Your comment makes you seem pretty clueless, but then again that's what happens when you only can play giants... (and still be terrible)

There was a patch which was in the making before the project got shutdown aiming to fix, what the vet path fixed. This we got in mail correspondence from the DEVs of westwood studios. They never finished the game, but rushed without fixing issues, bugs and imbalance. 

Edited by Weaponx

On 5/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, Avesta said:

all nod does is spam lasers, almost same DPS as an rpg for cheap and basically instant build. No skill

Think you may have just undermined your training credentials there... ?

(See other thread.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

This topic is so stupid lol. On most maps nod is far more advantageous. You can build defense  buildings much faster because no component towers.  bans are the fastest and best ko units in the game. Bans also are the best disr/mk defense on expand. You have to build sensors just to see sub attacks. If nod has emp and several Sam’s in main, it’s difficult to get a good attack in.  Terrace is the worst map for nod and even at that, there have been many nod players who were top tier and hardly lost a game on terrace. The easiest /best fix if you see a problem? Switch faction, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Another clueless noob, who thinks nod is OP, yet he fails hard with nod 1v1 2v2 etc... And its clear why he plays gdi.

I cant take anything you say seriously cause you imagine none exisitent shit on vet maps etc.

1) Blue harv bombs never blew up a building on original FF, Yes they did and i explained to you / showed you why you were wrong.

2) Harv bombs are stronger on smaller maps. The coding is exactly the same, that statement just shows your stupidity.

Just a few examples out the blue...

Why dont you play nod and beat tiger/ ray/trooper/me a single game on none vet ter, ff, or any smaller map? You know you will get out played.

Anyway, if you think nod is "more advantageous", i suggest you learn to play better gdi. Maybe i can show you how to handle nod with gdi?

Edited by Weaponx
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 2:01 PM, REDRUMURDER said:

This topic is so stupid lol. On most maps nod is far more advantageous. You can build defense  buildings much faster because no component towers.  bans are the fastest and best ko units in the game. Bans also are the best disr/mk defense on expand. You have to build sensors just to see sub attacks. If nod has emp and several Sam’s in main, it’s difficult to get a good attack in.  Terrace is the worst map for nod and even at that, there have been many nod players who were top tier and hardly lost a game on terrace. The easiest /best fix if you see a problem? Switch faction, lol.

ahhhhh tru dat

Thats why there is " 95% nod players and only 5% gdi players". right?

You dont see any one play nod at higher level pro games at all, no top tier players do 2v2 nod except me. I geuss thats because "nod is to ez"....... lmao

and the attempts at nod ive seen at higher level gameplay is a joke.

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2021 at 2:01 PM, REDRUMURDER said:

cannon ball right here the rumest murderer

• 2 weeks later...

Topic isn't stupid. What's better GDI or NOD really depends on the map and who you're playing with, and wheather it's TS or FS. 

My perfected 1 ref rush as GDI always took out 2 players minimum regardless of map as long as scouting was there. 

I always enjoyed the long game over that though. GDI was designed as the offensive team and Nod the defensive team. Have you ever noticed that the world class players are the ones who play Nod offensively and GDI defensively? I believe this is a nuance that made the game as great as it is.

Edit: Especially Firestorm, FS really threw a wench in TS strategy and made everything more interesting and more exciting. It's a shame we dont play FS more. 

Maybe that was an accident. 

Edited by Radian
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

FS is by far the superior game. Only legacy issues and the misguided influence by the oldschool terrace community mean that you are all stuck in the ways of playing a game that is fundamentally more imbalanced and lacking in depth. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1