Tribute to Fakemammy

c0rpsmakr

I was informed of some incredibly depressing news by my friend, F0odli0n, that Fakemammy (Mike) passed away on December 2, 2020 at 31 years old. He was one of the very few people from TS that I had a connection with outside of the game and although we had a falling out, I know that he was, in reality, a very kind person underneath the volatile persona he displayed while playing.

From the time Avan recruited me and Mike into his clan around 2005 or 6, we quickly became great teammates and friends. He was by far my favorite and best clan partner from 2006 until the time xwis shut down, and he remained a powerful ally for me into the start of cncnet. He was one of the top players of that era when he was on his A game, and pulled off many remarkable feats in the time I spent gaming with him. After Avan became busy in his personal life, I created my clan Karma, and together with Mike we recruited and trained so many people. He was always willing to teach anyone that had a genuine interest in improving their skills and helped a slowly dying game retain some of its player base over 10 years later.

He was a very polarizing figure in the community due to his constant trolling by rapping in caps lock and early occasional trainer usage (he did stop using them after i threatened to quit clanning with him, and he used them more for trolling purposes than to actually win games). He alone is responsible for making Eatme quit TS, after Eatme's months of ladder pushing using cheatmaps and reconnection errors; Mike gave Eatme his only loss on the xwis ladder using an instant win trainer, causing him to spiral into a furious tantrum and finally leave forever. 

During the years I spent with Mike as my go-to teammate in clan battles, he managed to piss me off more than anybody I've ever known on this game. He would sometimes completely dominate our opponents from the start to where I didn't have to do much work at all, and other times intentionally let me get doubleteamed the entire game before finally stepping in and giving us the win. One game in particular that I will never forget, he made about 6 carryalls and picked up all of my harvesters, and flew them into enemy sams, just to make me rage. He is the reason that I grew so much as a player in the last days of xwis because he forced me to learn how to play from such a disadvantage, as his antics were always at random and for no reason whatsoever. 

Outside of TS, we constantly had heart to hearts about our lives and tried to help eachother out in dark times, offering insight, encouragement, and shared in one another's accomplishments. He even bought me starcraft 2 as a gift in 2009 after I had gotten out of a really shitty situation in my personal life.  We laughed and fought more times than I can recall, and he was a person unlike any other I've had the privilege of meeting. He was someone that has created so many fond memories for me in the 14 years I knew him, and will forever be a highlight for me and an iconic figure in the history of Tiberian Sun & its community. You have made your mark on me and so many others and it will be remembered by us all.

You are loved and missed my friend.

-Joe

If you have any fond memories with Mike that you can remember, feel free to share them with the rest of us.

Edited by c0rpsmakr
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Mike was one of the first people to actually teach me a lot of what I know now about TS (summer of '09). He was always willing to let me watch him 1v1 people and then give tips/tricks after. As c0rpsmakr said above he would just let you get doubled over and over until you learned/adapted and would step in. 

I will always remember when he and I would do 2v2's on StarCraft 2. He kept that same mindset as I had absolutely no idea what units did what. He single handedly carried us to platinum in the fall of 2011 and I have attached a picture of how easily he walked through people while carrying.

Mid game, he had so far ahead, he decided to spell words with creep tumors as we had control of most of the map. I have the screen shot below.

Mike will be missed as his personality was only ever matched by Kyle. Maybe they'll get some games in together in what ever afterlife you believe in.

-F0odLi0n

MikeRaRa.jpg

• Like 1

He was an outspoken, entertaining guy, who gave great fun to games by his shittalk, but also, sometimes talked too much ;). I remember how we played one TD game, and he wanted to finally get me sooooo badly - he just waited for me to do what i always do: Wreck anyone. While i did that, he calmly built up his base and army. He knew the 3vs1 shit wouldnt work on me this time, so he started to lower the game speed to a point where i get nuclear. Then he attacks me when i had to deal with someone else, and gets my cy with an engineer. He was all happy and that kind of stuff; trolling me with shittalk. In the end, i was left with helipads for Orcas only. But then i started mowing him down, harv after harv with my Orcas, which became 20 to the end; and he lost his army to mine. He got economically crippled and didnt know what to do. So he dced the game. After that, i onloaded my anger saying "YES I DID IT DESPITE 3vs1, LOW SHIT SPEED (LAG USAGE) AND BUGS I R**ED YOU"... and he laughed his ass off trolling me even after with phrases like "you are the king but have orcas only" "where was your cy". That was a special game... ;):D.

He was much better in TS than in TD, that was his real business. Was always fun to arnold him ;). Here is one vid of him vs me:

May you rest in peace, F.Mammy, may the Lord, the objective love itself, in his eternal gratitude find you the best thing, you can have.

Edited by Hungry Mike

Man.. guy was a legend. 

He was fun to play with, him and wuss always made me laugh..  he would play a strong 1v1 (i remember one game he outplayed me from tr) and the other game, get dominated from br... he didnt care. In xwis, i remember he had some rivalry with kapa.

I guess in the last months he started to tyyyype like thiiiiiis and it became his signature.

Its sad that both mammies are dead now.

• Like 1

Oh my goodness me, this is so sad! I have to say I have really fond memories playing with Mike. The guy was just FUN: something so few players on TS are, and he also had a fair bit of talent too. I still have such good memories of playing with Mike, and just his general banter and humour, and the great fun we had playing on FF, back when you could have a great laugh playing a competitive 4v4 with elite players who also knew how to have a laugh as well. 

So sad as well to think that both Mammy and FakeMammy are no longer with us. And both at such a young age too!

Does anyone know what happened to him? How did you find out?

P.S. I absolutely loved his caps rapping. It was so stupid and silly, and I loved to take him on in a semi-ironic kind of way. Just a great laugh. Gosh I miss those days :(

• Like 3

Even tho ,we know that ,behind every nickname theres a person ,its when we see these things that the reality strikes down on us…

Mike will always differentiate from the rest of us, for the way he was , the way he talked, the way he interected with the community.

Like C0rpsmakr said , behind all that  rapping and strong words that he offten used, Mike was a nice guy, i experienced that when i moved to SC2 with him, he helped me alot to learn the game, we improved and laughted together , we even beated a few good teams , when i had to quit SC2 due to my job i even gave him my serial key.

In TS, he helped me too and gave me alot of funny times that ill keep with me for the eternity, im sure i have a few of those moments saved in SS’s.

He was also a very good player in XWIS, where i saw him beat/give a hard time to alot of top players, from every spot , with risky tactics , such as  Kapa, c0rps, TRZ, Vin, Dachschaf, Megaf0rce , Movieno0b ,Doctrl0ve, and so much more names that i dont remember now, his skill was undeniable.

This is why we should enjoy the game more and stop insulting and arguing, because we never know what the future holds for us.

Im a bit lost for words now, but wherever he is, i just what him to know that he will always be remembered, TS will never be the same without him and his rapping.

Rest in Peace old friend.

-Mjvd

• Like 5

Wtf? What happened? Damn, this sucks i randomly swung by the forums to see whats happening. Mike was one of the first WWers that i started playing with, shit its weird to think that this was over 12 years ago. What a guy, i never had any issues with him, was always a top dude :(

Edited by PowrBombu
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...