Undetectable unit for someone

fl3nd3r

I apologize for this other replay. I created a clone of the seal and gave it the Insignificant = 1 attribute. I'm close to my target .. but I don't know how to tell other units to detect insignificant units. .. or maybe I have to consider another way .. Thanks.

Edited by fl3nd3r

the threat rating system doesnt really work to let only certain units appear as threats to only certain other units. you could make it work by adjusting the warheads and armors since units cannot even target things if their weapons warhead has a 0% versus against the armor type of the enemy unit, but the number of armors there is ingame is hardcoded and you cannot add any in vanilla ra2 / yr

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought here.

Is it possible to make a new unit that is basically a Seal but only trainable from the Naval Yard and can only move in water? Then the next step would be to make it only detectable like subs and dolphins are.

I don't know if it's possible and it's not exactly what you want, but it would be deadly against some ships. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/15/2021 at 6:12 AM, fl3nd3r said:

Good morning,

I would like to make seal undetectable for some ships. The player will be able to attack the seal manually like with the spy. Can anyone give me some advice?

On 1/15/2021 at 11:08 AM, McPwny said:

ce units cannot even target things if their weapons warhead has a 0% versus against the armor type of the enemy unit, but the number of armors there is ingame is hardcoded and you ca

On 1/15/2021 at 6:12 AM, fl3nd3r said:

Good morning,

I would like to make seal undetectable for some ships. The player will be able to attack the seal manually like with the spy. Can anyone give me some advice?

If you want, you can play with cloaking - Cloaking is very limited in ra2 but it does work
It also depends if you want the ai to attack your unit or not

Cloakable=yes
CloakingSpeed=10

(1 is fastest, 10 is slowest) 

Insignificant=yes - will mean any unit with this tag will be ignored by untis/ai until someone orders an attack on it

If you want the unit to be detected by another unit, you just give that unit these tags:

Sensors=yes

SensorsSight= ... whatever range you want it to be

These tags are used in the game for navy only but can be used on any unit

IIRC - Destroyers, squids, dolphins and subs are the only unit that can detect cloaked units as all submersible units are considered "cloaked"

[DEST]   - Destroyer can only 7 tiles away but "detect" 8 tiles away
Sight=7
Sensors=yes
SensorsSight=8

--- if you go down this path, you may try experimenting with removing the cloaked tags from submarines and the sensors from destroyers, but ofc this would change gameplay quite a bit

And like McPwny said, an alternative could be to mess around with armour types, perhaps make the seal special armour_1 and change the terror drone to light armour or something with 2hp

But im not sure if infantry can have that armour type - It would require a lot of thought about rebalancing the game and re-appropriating weapons

Edited by bbglas007

Sensors= and SensorsSight= actually work independently of eachother and both arent needed. also, SensorsSight= is the tag responsible for that bug where a squids sometimes still uncloak enemy units on the tile where they were destroyed