reconnection error

CCCP84

• 3 weeks later...

I've played in some modded ToE maps that were very well-coded and quite a few times, we played in some rather long games and not once ever got hit with a RE nor an IE. There are also other modded maps which have similar tweaks that also eliminate such errors. Perhaps admins with some due diligence can get their hands on such maps, look things over and see if those error-fixing tweaks can be applied to official maps as well?

Rare case. An error occurred when there were only 2 of us in the game.
We tested the units together. Perhaps it will be easier to figure it out, because there were few players and few units in the game.
We believe that the error occurred due to the fault of cumofkings, who began to click the mouse very quickly. At that moment, he began to lag and could hear the hard drive cracking.
CCCP4 was in waypoint mode at this moment, but we think that this was not the cause of the error.

Both of us had debug mode activated, and we created 256 txt files each. We provide 1 of them, but we can provide all if necessary.

CCCP84.jpg

cumofkings.jpg

CCCP84 SYNC_CNCNET0_255.TXT cumofkings SYNC_CNCNET1_255.TXT

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 8:06 PM, Ra2Nub said:

If you talk about RA2 mode there's many issues i noticed long ago

Unit speed upgraded has no animation, physic sensor and cloning vats still got the YR build animation, etc. But I wanted revisit RA2 mode problems another time again but since you do now, I may as well

You can write it there..

• 1 month later...

We noticed a peculiarity that the error often occurs when 2 players are looking at approximately the same place. Well, and of course, during a naval battle. Perhaps, of course, the reason is a naval battle, and that is why the players are looking in one place. But nevertheless, this is an interesting feature.
We tested this, making sure that our field of view was directed strictly to one point, but this did not lead to an error. Apparently, several factors must coincide.

photo_2023-08-26_14-43-34.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_14-45-47.jpg

photo_2023-09-11_19-36-57.jpg

photo_2023-09-11_19-37-11.jpg

photo_2023-09-22_18-48-23.jpg

photo_2023-09-22_18-48-27.jpg

photo_2023-10-17_21-29-37.jpg

photo_2023-10-17_21-29-43.jpg

photo_2023-10-24_21-41-05.jpg

photo_2023-10-24_21-41-19.jpg

On 10/26/2023 at 5:22 AM, ArabChuckNorris1 said:

Well, we know what causes it, so atleast thats a step. I'm trying to refrain from playing maps with navy and I dont get recon errors anymore. 

you know? So, what is it?

Edited by CCCP84

On 10/26/2023 at 6:22 AM, ArabChuckNorris1 said:

we know what causes it

Haha. Not really.
We only know that it happens more often on naval maps, but we don't know why.

On 10/26/2023 at 6:22 AM, ArabChuckNorris1 said:

I'm trying to refrain from playing maps with navy and I dont get recon errors anymore. 

What if you prefer naval maps?

On 10/30/2023 at 1:26 AM, ArabChuckNorris1 said:

Unless you are playing land map and it goes for 2+ hrs

Hmmm. Interesting point.

Naval or not, like you said; it doesn't usually happen until the game goes on for a long time, so, maybe it has to do with the amount of units that are present at the time, and not related to the type of map or the map itself at all.

It usually happens when there are too many units on the map. That's the most common denominator, I think.

Maybe there's a limit on the number of units that could exist on a map at the same time, and when that limit is reached, error happens.

Sometimes it's reached in 2 hours or longer, sometimes in less than an hour.
Just maybe.

Edited by Sam-I-am

• 1 month later...

I think it's a lag/sync issue.

It's the same frame but with a time difference of 18 seconds?! (According to the titles of the images).

The plane and the two paratroopers are at the exact same spot in both images, but there are some differences, like, in the 1st one, there are wakes behind the Destroyers and some smoke above them, which you don't see in the 2nd one (as if they were sitting there for a few seconds), so not everyone is seeing the exact same thing at the same time.
That doesn't seem right.

Could it be the renderer? Or maybe the detail level?
I suggest that all players pick the same renderer and detail level next time.

GLHF

Edited by Sam-I-am

If someone is lagging, it may not throw an error immediately for a slight lag, but when the difference adds up as the game goes on and the gap widens, it may crash later on, and that's what's happening, apparently.

Even in other games; if there's too much lag/frame difference, there will be a disconnection.

My theory is; if you place something on the map and it doesn't appear in time on everyone else's radar, or if you kill a unit and it still appears to be alive for a lagging player, that mismatch could cause an error.

Edited by Sam-I-am

There are several moving objects that appear identical in both images (plane and paratroopers, dog and miner, GIs being attacked by Destroyers, sinking Destroyer), which means that both images show the same frame, BUT, the 2nd image shows two torpedo wakes that don't appear in the 1st one, which is weird, especially that smoke and Destroyer wakes appear in it.

photo_2023-12-12_19-05-34.jpg.8464b953d4f55106311be9b167f67911.png

Green's enemy can see green's torpedo wakes but green himself (or his ally) can't see their own?!

Edited by Sam-I-am

• 1 month later...

This happened to me 3 times in 2 days. Both of us received the reconnection error. Both have really good internet speeds.

All on water maps with decent sized navy fleets.

1v1 with some hard AI players on each team.

Twice on Floating Fortress and can’t remember the name of the other one.

• 1 month later...

It would be helpful if you guys could try a 6 player game on the Beta version as that is more hopeful to have any issues fixed. Perhaps record the game, and if any errors come up with log files, to upload them here.