soviet mission bug

ross13

bug on soviet mission where ur supposed to destroy all the radar domes then capture the chronosphere, doesnt matter whether u capture the chronosphere or destroy it u will fail the mission,... it says u objective reached but still will declare a fail... hope some of the guys can check on this i really wanna finish the soviet mission as im done with all the allies :D

this is Soviet (12?) I think where you need to destroy the radar domes or the chronosphere is destroyed

Its the second to last mission.

That got me before, but basically they're being a bit confusing as capturing it will fail the mission,

just destroying all the allied stuff will cause you to win.

EDIT: Its Soviet 13 (a or b)

If you get too close to the Chronosphere before destroying all Radar Domes it'll blow up. You need to kill all Radar Domes first and make sure you don't get close to the Chronosphere. Then you must capture it. It's really stupid because the first time I played I explored the Allies base and the Chronosphere is in the back, I was just moving my units and the Chronosphere blew up....had to reload my save game a few times to figure out what's going on.

ah i see just the mission briefing is unclear...and i assure u ive already destroyed all radar domes since i captured their yard and had gps i thought i could rush the mission but when all domes are down and i capture chronosphere it fails lol...should have said destroy everythinge except chronosphere...anyways thanks for the replies

Name:      los3
Owner:     Greece
Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)
Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:   Destroyed, Buildings, All...Germany

Action 1:  Loser is... USSR

Triggers:  win3

This is the trigger that causes you to lose even if captured, but destroying all allied stuff means you win anyway.

Just to be sure, we're talking about Soviet mission 13a and 13b right? Because the objective of the mission is to capture the Chronosphere after destroying the Radar Domes and then destroying the rest of the Allies' base..

RcVtibZ.gif

N1BXR9E.gif

I actually captured the Chronosphere in that mission... the trick is to damage it from afar, then Iron curtain it, and then send the engineer inside. Mission will say Accomplished as normally (though again, only if you destroy all the radar domes first), and you see Stalin rage over something that didn't happen xD

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

SOLVED!!!

1. THERE IS NO BUG IN THIS MISSION.

2. NO NEED TO CAPTURE THE CHRONOSPHERE.

3. JUST DESTROY ALL ALLIED UNITS.

4. THE TRICK IS THAT YOU WILL MISS OUT ON EITHER A SHIP HIDDEN UNDER THE BLACKENED AREA OR 

5 YOU WILL MISS OUT ON A PILL BOX MACHINE GUN HIDDEN UNDER THE SNOW.

6. THE EASIEST WAY TO LOCATE UNDESTROYED UNITS IS TO FIRST MAKE SURE THERE IS NO BLACKENED CLOUDED AREA LEFT ON THE MAP. SECONDLY CAREFULLY LOOK AT YOUR MINI MAP AND YOU WILL FIND UNDESTROYED ALLIED UNITS HIGHLIGHTED AS BLUE DOTS. YOU WILL THEN CAREFULLY LOOK AT YOUR MAP AND FIND IT.

7. IN MY CASE AFTER GREAT FRUSTRATION I FOUND A HIDDEN PILLBOX NEAR THE CLIFF SIDE RIGHT ABOVE THE CHRONOSPHERE AREA.

8. GOOD LUCK

• Confused 1