Converting TD maps to RA1 (partially)?

Allen262

I know this has been asked before but with the advent of the many free C&Cs and RAs it both games have been uncoded more and more and I found this the other day.

http://freecnc.org/dev/map-format/

It say that the TD .bin and RA MapPack are the same but for that the RA MapPack is an encoding format. It explanes things but I don't understand it. Maybe an incoder/decoder could let maps be exchanged. I know that both don't share complate map tiles so there would be errors and odd over laps as some tiles are not the same shape in both games. Just having cliff would be a good starting point.

I'd like to add black tiles from the interior theater to the other theaters and place these tiles on missions that are really small and which glitch when played on a large resolution, the problem is that no map editor supports placing these tiles.

So I need to have a decoder and encoder of the relevant part of the map file to manually add the clear1 tiles.

I ask about this since I'm trying to remake a lot of the C&C95 missions and put them under Custom Missions. I'm able to covnvert the buildings, unit, tress and waypoints but I only get about 50% on the playable map and they aren't placed right.

To get evey thing placed right I have to get XCC Editor/ccwmap and RAED sized the same at one of the corners of the map. Than start swiching between them as I place cliffs to make sure I'm keeping the same shap. Thankfully XCC Editor will tell me what each tile is named so put my finger on the screen and place the same cliff tile in the same place in RAED as it is in XCC Editor. Than I can write every tile that comes off of that one cliff tile on paper.

This takes a lot of time and I would like to cut it down some how.

EDIT:

Up to 1 to 9 and 11 for both Nod and GDI not couting the A,B and C variations. When it came to the variations I chose the map that looked like it had the most open space so I didn't have to do lots cliffs and rivers.

GDI9.jpg.589f4eda7c3dac539e3b13299247141b.jpg

GDI9_CC95.jpg.4d474d7e31ba32b72cc13152b0bd83b9.jpg

NOD7A.jpg.b28b7c7df046bf1f873e505f7f13bbc7.jpg

I take it too complex to be worth decoding?

This is already done for both games, at least OpenRA allows importing RA95 maps and I've the seen code the specific uses to decode the stuff, I need to have code to encode it again but I haven't really looked at it. I guess I should do it tomorrow.

PS: Do you want me to take a look at changing the colour the Options button and credits count are drawn in so they're green like in C&C95?

I don't have Open RA as it won't work on my system. Dose the Open RA map decoder decode RA1 maps to C&C95 .bin or to a format that only works on Open RA?

I'me fine with the Options button and credits as the are. Its a very small thing over all.

• 1 month later...

Let me continue it. Btw I've done 2 the PSX Missions and they're even harder. You may fix them if you want. I'll upload an attachment later. One more thing, so that means your done on most main GDI and Nod missions? Aww that's too bad, I'm currently making one besides covert ops :((

• 1 month later...

How to convert multiplayer maps? I manually recreated Green Acres and King Takes Pawn, but other maps have unusual shores and bridges, so...

May be someone already did 16 original TD multiplayer maps conversion :roll: