We need more maps in TD

Riseofbane

Well I've made three, but they're not 'officialized' in the CnCNet5 client. I also believe there's some maps in it that need to be pruned to make room for newer and better ones, since the map list is almost full, and there are also a lot of silly and imba maps. Or even better, instead of making room for new maps this way, enable the client to automatically download and launch alternate .mix files, therefore increasing the number of possible maps by having two or more on the same number, a kind of hotswapping. (I don't really know if this has been discussed/developed already.) Funky?

MattAttack is creating the map pack, i didn't modify it. You can talk to MattAttack and he adds your maps and maybe also removes bad ones or you can also create your own map pack and give it to me

cncnet5 doesn't have any limit for maps anymore, the file name can be anything like abcdefghijklm.ini

cncnet5 doesnt have any limit for maps anymore, the file name can be anything like abcdefghijklm.ini

That's basically what I was asking. And it's great. I wouldn't want to play the role of an authority that judges the quality of maps though. If they don't really take up space, let them be.

Well I've made three, but they're not 'officialized' in the CnCNet5 client. I also believe there's some maps in it that need to be pruned to make room for newer and better ones, since the map list is almost full, and there are also a lot of silly and imba maps.

I unfortunately don't really have the time to update any map-packs these days.  Before the advent of cncnet5 I had planned pruning the pack as really there are some crappy maps in it.  I had been meaning to ask Funky how we add maps because I really liked 'Desert Duel' and was disappointed when it wasn't on the list.  But anyways I always looked at the Map-Pack as community property so if anybody wants to take it over, be my guest.  Just give due credit and don't delete any of MY fabulous maps!  XD lol...

please someone make more maps!!

don't let the game die :P

Im on it!

Is there an editor simlar to EDWIN for cnc1?

I love cnc1 even more than I love RA1 im very very surprised not many people play. I wonder what it is I bet its something simple that could easily be fixed like having maps that allowed for big bases and lots of money like in red alert, rather than little early scouting/rush games.

Yep, I would suggest using XCC Editor: http://cnc95.tk/xcc-editor.zip

But yeah, not a whole lot of people play C&C. Those that do actually play use the current CnCNet 5 client.