Tips And Tricks For TibSun LOLOLOLOL

Retired

Lol a great tutorial. One suggestion, can you turn of the hairdryer on the background? :laugh:

Btw your video's inspire me to play tiberian sun more often. The slower pace makes it relaxing compared to red alert  8)

Lol a great tutorial. One suggestion, can you turn of the hairdryer on the background? :laugh:

Btw your video's inspire me to play tiberian sun more often. The slower pace makes it relaxing compared to red alert  8)

it really is sad how far ive fallen when it comes to youtube hardware i used to have. ive literally owned more than 2500 dollars worth of studio microphones and a 1000 dollar dslr camera. all those things are gone now and all i have is a 30 dollar webcam. anyway here is a nod tips and tricks lol. and yeah over the years of making youtube videos a lot of times you look at the view count of your videos and if you arent doing good it makes you want to stop making those types of videos because it feels like the only person who will like them is yourself and nobody will ever care to watch them. im no longer inspired by people to make videos when they say they like one or two of my videos though lol. i had a ton of supreme commander fans recently unsubscribe from my channel cause i stopped making supreme commander videos and started making mental videos. fuck them lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oNQkr83Zu0

N3yMBei.jpg

Just watched the nod video. Thanks for all the great tips. One question thought, do you think nod and gdi are belanced? I Always get the impression gdi is a lot more powerfull when looking at pro matches.

Just watched the nod video. Thanks for all the great tips. One question thought, do you think nod and gdi are belanced? I Always get the impression gdi is a lot more powerfull when looking at pro matches.

Well after playing the game nonstop since it came out i still cant answer that really. You will pretty much never hear experienced players make comments about Nod being weaker than GDI. Nod engineer rushes can lock down a enemy player very efficiently until they get stronger by getting like 9 or 10 banshees built up. That combined with cluster missile is hugely deadly. A ton of artillery and sam sites along with planes and maybe some ticks and rocket infantry is hard to crack if the nod player has a strong economy going and map control. It can be easy though a lot of times for gdi to find weak points in Nod bases and it used to be rumored Nod was better on bigger maps and GDI is better on smaller maps but I've found that not to be very true. Both factions just get more time to recover and defend from attacks but theres no real clear advantage that Nod gains from the distance apart. GDI is definitely a much more brutal faction if you're really good they can find weak points in people's bases and exploit them to no end. But yeah GDI is usually the preferred faction to play as. Nod is just slow and needs more time to do massive damage. That's the main reason people play as GDI. For example doing engineer rushes can only take out one structure. A disruptor rush can do endless damage if the carryall isnt shot down and theres not enough defense to defend the enemy base. That's the main reason people choose GDI. Engi rushing isn't Nod's only strat but yeah they aren't as good when it comes to continuous potential damage.

I think if devil's tongues had more armor and maybe a tiny bit more damage you'd see more Nod players. Tick tanks are a joke compared to titans. they die in one bomber pass unlike titans etc. A lot of Nod unitsare a joke. Stealth tank is a joke. Cyborg is a joke. attack bike is a joke most of the time compared to MLRs etc.

I think if Nod was really that bad though people would complain if their allie was Nod but no one really ever does. Nobody says well we lost cause my allie was nod etc. Nod would be nothing without artillery and banshees. They rely on that way too much. Harpies are also actually pretty good. Devil's tongues have their place killing infantry rushes and sometimes doing good damage. tick tanks are sometimes pretty useful etc. They just honestly barely get by. /rant

New players like to play Nod, but Nod are actually harder to use, as GDI have a lot of advantages, especially early on.

By the way guys, if you want hints and tips on Tiberian Sun, I wrote an extensive guide some years back now, which you can download from my website:

http://mjryder.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Tiberian-Sun-guide-v4-c-Mole40k-2013.pdf

You can also view the guide in its online format here:

http://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/

New players like to play Nod, but Nod are actually harder to use, as GDI have a lot of advantages, especially early on.

By the way guys, if you want hints and tips on Tiberian Sun, I wrote an extensive guide some years back now, which you can download from my website:

http://mjryder.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Tiberian-Sun-guide-v4-c-Mole40k-2013.pdf

You can also view the guide in its online format here:

http://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/

in sensor array description maybe say it can also be used for scouting. its pretty fast and has a fair amount of health. it usually done on mod maps but ive done it rarely in ww maps lol.

also your description of what a power bomb is for orca bomber is entirely wrong wtf mole? you do not need 5 bombers normally to kill a ref. you need 4. power bombing is not making all the bombers stack on top of each other but rather telling them to get close to the structure at the correct angle to do maximum damage but the main point of the power bomb is to have them drop more bomblets on the structure. you do this by telling them to go next to the structure and then attacking it. this makes it so you can kill a ref or war with just 3 bombers. quit being such a newb mole jesus christ lol.

MCV as shown in the screenshot with the gold MCV. Now you must time your shot so one of the four pointers of the cursor are facing towards your Missile

Silo (making sure to estimate where the cursor will be when you let up off the mouse button

)

this sounds like voodoo magic. prove to me the cursor animation for missile actually changes the trajectory of the cluster. those seem to go after nearby units and are not reliant on the fucking cursor animation lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC02xb-gPv0

lul. i tried it twice didnt work second time. clusters went everywhere.

i also didnt know you only need 3 banshees to kill a ref. thought it was 4 like war. and lol hijacking a blue tib enemy harv LOL. this is good stuff all should read.

3 banshees if your opponent doesn't repair it^. If they do, you need 4. However it's worth noting nonetheless.

Hijackers bombing is where it's at tbh -- properly old school tactics, but more from the FS era where blue tib maps were more prevalent. Useful tactic on mods imo.

Regarding the missile thing, there are a number of different schools of thought on how to 1-shot an mcv, and so I included both.

• 2 weeks later...

what video software do you use? can you recommend any decent free ones? I have some videos id like to edit....dont know squat about the software

bandicam to capture ts video. adobe premiere pro to edit and render the video. i have a tutorial on how to do what i do on youtube. its a little lengthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix46LSmvhjM

id recommend downloading utorrent and then googling what thepiratebay is lol. There are other options out there but they perform poorly in comparison. for quickest rendering you can use a free program called "handbreak" I made a tutorial on it a long time ago but deleted it. you will most likely not know how to set proper rendering settings on that cause youre a newbchild. im sure you could download windows movie maker for windows 7 or whatever windows you use to edit video as well. i havent used that version of it.

• 2 months later...