CnCNet 5 now supports Dune 2000!

FunkyFr3sh

This is the initial release supporting Online/LAN/Skirmish games, more features will be added in the coming months (e.g. Map Previews..)

Have the game already? Download CnCNet 5 here! (Dune 2000 version 1.06 is required)

Don't have the game yet? Our friends over at gruntmods.com have updated their game packages to support CnCNet 5 out of the box! Visit their site for more info

Yes, that happens after every CnCNet5 update. The message shows "WS-Reputation" which means the file is new and therefore has a low Reputation according to the paranoid detection system of Symantec products. It has nothing to do with a virus, it is just the paranoid setting of Norton :)

I've only had a quick look and everything seems awesome, except that screen resolution 1920x1080 crashes my game, then windows pretends to check for a solution :D. 1280x720 works fine though. I was going to post this at GruntMods' forums, but the forum doesn't seem to work.

My specs:

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290x

Dune 2K settings:

Bits Per Pixel = 16

Everything checked except for 'Slow Slider Scrolling"

did you try cncnet or singleplayer?

any special error message?

it could crash if your resolution is too high and bigger than the map resolution (i dont think that happens online cause all maps are big)

Only singleplayer campaign, I haven't tried online multiplayer just yet. No special error message, just the usual Windows one.

*EDIT: In multiplayer, the bigger maps work but the smaller ones don't.

yes, then it is the problem i talked about :) There are fixed maps for that with increased size, but gruntlord probably didnt know that he had to inlcude them, i will forward it to him!

K, cool thanx. Although, it's not really necessary because having tried a few maps and played a few campaign levels, I've come to the conclusion that 1920x1080 is too large anyway, I sometimes can't tell what unit I'm clicking on! :D

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...