Newbs

Weaponx

Why do you bother to play? Spectate more games, if you want to play, don't be a handicap.

1# You bunk and let your allie get doubled.

2# You don´t scout

3# You don´t attack

4# You can do a simple ting as WARN your allie whats inc.

What the fuck are you good for? Just use your brain and think..

I'm all for helping newbs out, but insulting them is not a good way forward. Some people come directly from singleplayer and others may not have played TS or any C&C or even RTS game before.

Be nice to newbs, they are the pros of tomorrow unless they are met by a wall of elitism.

I play TD rather than TS, but all of the above applies to both, anyway.

When I play against newbs, after the game I often give a few tips. Some ignore, but others listen and say thanks. It's obviously more frustrating when they're on a team with you. I was playing my own mod, and one of the guys in the game was clearly very newb at RTS. He didn't scout and didn't really attack with me etc. He did decide he wanted to actually take orders from me at the start of the game, without me ever even asking. His base was a big brick and we quickly enough ran out of resources.

We did talk during the game though and he did help out. So I guess he was learning and so on... had I'd just yelled at him, I doubt we would have won.

Don't be too harsh, you were a newb once too.

-Liam

• 1 month later...

I'm all for helping newbs out, but insulting them is not a good way forward. Some people come directly from singleplayer and others may not have played TS or any C&C or even RTS game before.

Be nice to newbs, they are the pros of tomorrow unless they are met by a wall of elitism.

hear hear!!  well said.

I remember quite a few decent fellows from every corner of the world, and have forgotten many more,

who had a kind word or a bit of advice, and that's why my memories of ts are so fond.

nice of you to offer the advice. you have a lot more experience, and kindly offered advice, if you like,

is usually better received 

playing with other decent human beings is what I have enjoyed about ts all these years

I try, i win, I lose, and I enjoy and I enjoy and I enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...