Idea for the ladder

Phenomena

Both sets of maps require different skill sets, your dividing the community regardless if you dont allow them modders wont compete on the ladder and things wont change, allowing them on the ladder alows both communities to integrate as WW players are happy toplay mods, well most are... theres no reason not to allow them they are maps just like WW maps they are just different, take BBG for example or blast from the past, WW players love these maps and id love a clanner on blast from the past or something. nobodies forcing you into a visc game if modders wanna play a visc on the ladder let them, you needa certain kinda skill for a visc game still.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you power <3 ahahhaha...I like visc maps. Jman and kapa dont mine visc maps maybe they can give me some competition on 'em

Wuss for QM ok I understand that random opponent and map is good surprise as long as shittty maps are not there, just the basic ones. So for QM it makes sense to have only SUN/FS maps and any EXTRA maps(reg mods, speed mods or any other) could be discussed upon in forums and according to the response by community could be added to the QM map pool.

Custom game(like XWIS ladder) should allow any map but obviously has to be fair not like "play mods at your own risk". Even speeds or waterworld style super mods etc..because see it doesnt matter if one person on ladder is bashing newbs on super mods since eventually that person will be gettin WINS but not enough points to maintain a rank. For instance, a player who plays 30 opponents on ladder and wins all the time will be getting more points than say a player whos only playing 4 newbs on one map during the whole month.(this is assuming the ranking algorithm is  similar to XWIS).

Thank you power <3 ahahhaha...I like visc maps. Jman and kapa dont mine visc maps maybe they can give me some competition on 'em

Wuss for QM ok I understand that random opponent and map is good surprise as long as shittty maps are not there, just the basic ones. So for QM it makes sense to have only SUN/FS maps and any EXTRA maps(reg mods, speed mods or any other) could be discussed upon in forums and according to the response by community could be added to the QM map pool.

Custom game(like XWIS ladder) should allow any map but obviously has to be fair not like "play mods at your own risk". Even speeds or waterworld style super mods etc..because see it doesnt matter if one person on ladder is bashing newbs on super mods since eventually that person will be gettin WINS but not enough points to maintain a rank. For instance, a player who plays 30 opponents on ladder and wins all the time will be getting more points than say a player whos only playing 4 newbs on one map during the whole month.(this is assuming the ranking algorithm is  similar to XWIS).

Excellent. Also, we should have a limit on how many times you play 1 person (same ip). 4-5 games per month before no points are gained to avoid 'free win' pushin.

Also can incorporate symbol's for each person in the ladder instead of "Flags" since you can just select the name to see each country the player is from.

For example:

Rank 1 player would be

http://www.hpdz.net/images/Take5/652px-US-O11_insignia.svg.png

Rank 2-10 player would be

http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Ranks/US_Officers/General_Armies_Large.png

Etc

make a cncgamer based ladder and get the code from destroyer

that ladder was great; however, winners had to self-input the wins on a 'trust' basis. Doesn't make sense when cncnet has control of the server. The only reason d3stroyer didn't integrate it with the server was because XWIS owned the server and wouldn't allow that.

thank you, now we can address your problem

The people who play them are the problem; however, we HAVE control over the maps, thus we can do something about it...disallow them in the ladder. Simple

Punkernfg  admits "The people who play them are the problem"

The people who play them are the problem; however, we HAVE control over the maps, thus we can do something about it...disallow them in the ladder. Simple

I'm not sure I understand your post in terms of my ideologies :S

You have just admitted that you have a problem with the people who play mod maps; you then said that restricting people playing mod maps on the ladder is the solution. Your entire logic is flawed and based on prejudice over sound reasoning. QED.

I did not have the heart...

Mole40k,

That was a brilliant thought you had

I am speechless that you figured out the real problem

for some reason I thought his problem was with the maps.....

and knowing that the people are the problem helps a lot.

Everything in life comes down to people? I'm not biased towards the people that play mod maps, I once played mod maps. Now that I do not play mod maps I finally realize that the players who play them have less skill and the maps they play take less skill. The idea of a ranking system should be so the best player that plays TS should be ranked 1. Adding mod maps into the picture will not display that. As there are much more modders compared to ww players, we are having this argument. In order to change the mindset for people playing maps, just simply do not add mod maps into the ladder and the mindset of people will change for the better. You make it sound like it's black and white over people vs maps. The maps are flawed and the people's mindsets are flawed towards those maps. It's a cycle.

This whole argument of 'mod map players play ts too and they should be allowed in the ladder' is lousy. WOL got it wrong before and we have the option to fix it. Just leave the mod maps for ffg's, nothing wrong there.

It might not be everyone got it wrong except you..

I think wol got it right

I think xwis got it right

the entire history,experience and people involved define it

The idea of a ranking system should be so the best player that plays TS should be ranked 1 is right

if only a small part play on a small part of the played maps. it obviously won't show that

only all the players playing having the opportunity to play all the maps will show that

the community is the sum of all of its parts

and you selectively allowing parts is obviously biased and self serving

if the idea is to have a ladder to find the best in the community,

and the community is everyone and every map,

then the ladder must be just that

THAT YOU THINK the players who play them have less skill and the maps they play

take less skill so they shouldn't be included.. is not even a valid argument

it is about which of the players has the most skill regardless of the map.

the maps aren't flawed,

the players who play them aren't flawed,

you only allowing only those you think are worthy is

@middlesky

when mods were allowed on xwis the ladder had more activity so did the game. lol how is this complicated

if the community is 10  or 100 or 1000 activity level, it is still the entire 10 or 100 or 1000, not the few

and explaining, how simply excluding most of the community keeps the ladder from showing who the best in all ts , is complicated you're right. lol

Fortunately, and unfortunately, we will not have the final say when it comes to making the ladder. Maybe making 2 ladders for mod maps and ww maps would be a better solution. From what I'm gathering, you believe that all players are going to play on all the maps in the 'map pool' and that's just not going to happen. Maybe instead of having 1 group of players playing on nodrescue maps and other players playing on ww maps and having them ranked on the same ladder, maybe we just should split them in 2.

I believe that any player should have the opportunity to play any map

I do not believe that anyone should be limited to any particular one or type

You play what you like. I play what I like. They play what they like.

no one has to play anything

include both, exclude neither

Lets get a few things straight here:

The mod players are nodrescue and his people. They suddenly mass migrated here from XWIS in early February. Why? This is the topic of a separate post.

XWIS still has a fully functional working ladder system that has been working for years.

nodrescue and his people have never been seen high on the XWIS ladder system, NONE of them EVER, when all of nodrescue and his people were playing on XWIS.

Therefore, there should be no concessions for nodrescue and his people on this server. NONE.

If nodrescue and his people all of a sudden want to participate on a ladder, they need to go back and use the XWIS ladder system because they pretty much own that place, but nodrescue and his people decided that they want to come here and corrupt this server, which is going to be the topic of yet another post.

The XWIS ladder system is ready and waiting for the return of nodrescue and his people.

my whole point was if the ranking ladder for 1v1 was ONLY WITH QUICK MATCH, then a SELECT FEW mods should be added in the map pool

however, if custom ranked  games are going to be included for 1v1, then I agree with punk that mods shouldnt be allowed.