I'm tired of ORA-Break harassing me

Ford (retired)

Unfortunately we cannot watch the chat at all times. This is due to not having enough moderators and trustworthy people for the moderator position is hard to come by. In addition the systems we have aren't very suited for moderation, but as it evolves it might get better.

Kicking or banning in principle should be the last resort, as in you are mentally deranged and you might be at risk of causing harm to yourself due to the stress of it. Which would be stupid because you can always log off as you would be forced to balance which is more important: Your life or the feelings you get from the game.

We try to keep it straight.

Remember you can always turn this off (for the time being).

I don't really think the cncnet staff, let alone the cnc-comm staff hold any obligation to actually moderate this sort of thing. What with it being free and all. Plus the fact that a big chunk of the chat traffic is not logged, so nothing is really provable. Whoever moderates the channel and the forums does so only by virtue of the fact that they feel obliged to do so, as a contributing member of this community. You've made your contribuion by denouncing bad behaviour and pointing out the culprit for all to see and judge, now make the next step and ignore it. That's how it's best dealt with.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately we cannot watch the chat at all times. This is due to not having enough moderators and trustworthy people for the moderator position is hard to come by. In addition the systems we have aren't very suited for moderation, but as it evolves it might get better.

<-- Very Trustworthy, Able to Lay the Smack Down, Loves working for free, and Will Dance for exclusive icon next to name (since #FunkyFr3sh wont let me buy a medal)