C&C Generals ZH & C&C 3 suggestions? (mods)

Scara and Spud

Anyone got any mod's they would like to suggest? I am uploading videos to youtube and would like to spice things up a bit from the norm.

http://youtu.be/1l3nhMNlSfs

Was my most recent one but it's just the vanilla Air Force General vs Tank general. I have tried the following:

Contra v7,

Cold War Crisis v1.5,

Rise of the Reds v1.5,

Destructive Forces v1.0 (the one with the realistic sized nuke in it)

There are a few others but I have either had issues with them or not really played them much. I play C&C 3 as well and I have got the Mideast Crisis 2 mod v2.0 with the UN, Guardians and the IDF installed and I also have Tiberium Essence which is a mod that brings back those awesome Tiberium Sun units like the Banshee and Devil's Tongue and even the Mammoth Mk2.

I just want/need something to keep C&C ZH and C&C 3 alive for me. I've not booted up RA 2 or Yuri's Revenge in a while but if someone knows of any mods or anything for those games then I would be willing to take a look.

Shame that this franchie has devolved to the point of a P2W browser game these days with no hope of any future release.

If you enjoy watching people play C&C then feel free to come to my Youtube channel too. I don't bother with commentary so you can just listen and watch the gameplay. C&C Generals ZH is only thing up at present and will probably upload C&C 3 gameplay soon but yea. Would be nice to investigate some different mods.

• 4 weeks later...

Or this site is not the best for posting anything related to the "newer" C&C games ;)

When it comes to mods for C&C3 take a look at "The Forgotten" and for ZH look at Shockwave.

As for RA2/YR: Code Red is a cool, but very old mod.

TS has many like Dawn of the Tiberium Age and Twisted Insurrection.

With newer C&C games (Generals, Tiberium Wars, Red Alert 3...), it'd be best to  ask at the C&C:Online Forums.

If you do decide to boot up RA2/YR, Mental Omega is definitely the best mod for it.

Adding interesting or energetic commentary, especially to these kind of vids often helps, but you don't want to bother with commentary. Online matchups (1v1, 2v2) are a dime a dozen. How do you plan to "spice things up a bit from the norm" with your YouTube vids?

All of them technically have multiplayer, but that doesn't mean there are anyone playing them. Around the time Cold War Crisis was still actively updated it a had a few players playing it on offerent VPN services (mostly Hamachi) for example.

With newer C&C games (Generals, Tiberium Wars, Red Alert 3...), it'd be best to  ask at the C&C:Online Forums.

If you do decide to boot up RA2/YR, Mental Omega is definitely the best mod for it.

Adding interesting or energetic commentary, especially to these kind of vids often helps, but you don't want to bother with commentary. Online matchups (1v1, 2v2) are a dime a dozen. How do you plan to "spice things up a bit from the norm" with your YouTube vids?

Main reason I don't do commentary is because my voice is atrocious for it lol. I have an ulcer at the moment as well which makes voice overs a pain in the ass.

As for spicing things up I would try and arrange PvP matches for some of the more popular mods if people are interested. In the distant future I would probably think about streaming the PvP matches to bring more awareness to this and increase the C&C fan base. A lot of competitive starcraft players and people that play other games would let graphics slide a bit for new game content and something fresh.

Youtube is only a hobby really at the moment as is video making and creating music, in the process of joining the Navy so I am unsure on the amount of free time I would have, need a new computer too. It would be good to play PvP matches on RA 2 and Yuri's Revenge again though. If I got enough from Ad Revenue I may try and rent some servers to host the matches and keep them open during the week if possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...