What Music Does The Community Listen To?

TomBaker

I don't really have a gene preference, besides "more music than bass", so I kinda listen to anything I get my hands on, from metal to folk to classic to jazz to rock.

I generally prefer interesting melodic lines that are both nice to listen to and defy repetition prediction, and I absolutely love ambient music that does this. This is a good example of that.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of music the Tiberian Sun community listens to?

I personally like:

Nightcore

S3rl

What about yourself? ;)

Do you use this music to protect your virginity?

Guest Mechacaseal

i had a playlist of like 200 nightcore songs honestly now it makes my ears bleed. the fad is over for me.

i had a playlist of like 200 nightcore songs honestly now it makes my ears bleed. the fad is over for me.

ah haha no worries ;)

I enjoyed the same concept, but wildly different results :P

Particularly as I only had RA1 (and for a bit RA2) up till I got TFD for about 5 years most of my music taste is similar to the tracks like:

Hell March 1 and 2

Backstab as a personal favourite

Arazoid

Traction

Roll out and a couple others

My favourite tracks from all my other owned C&C games...

Mechanical Man (Tib Dawn)

Act on Instinct (Also Tib Dawn)

On the Prowl (also Tib Dawn)

Grinder (Red Alert 2)

Killing Machine (Tiberian Sun)

All pretty god damn awesome tracks.

Mostly guitar driven music, essentially blues derivatives such as classic and prog rock from the 60's and 70's and oldschool metal, with a lot of cult 80's thrash, death and black thrown in. I selectively listen to a lot of other genres like punk, hip-hop, electronic, etc., but rock and metal make up well over 50% of my (very intensive) music listening. When I think about it, it boils down to the fact I want my music to either be aggressive and carry a mean beat, or to create a distinct emotional atmosphere and engage me in some way. Music that fades in the background, or isn't memorable and/or exciting enough will very soon lose my interest and respect.

• 3 weeks later...