Using My Username

Guest Mechacaseal

Guest Mechacaseal

Could mods boot this guy if they see him online using my name? says hes from europe. probably the same hacker troll who was using my name on the forum too.

nevermind jokes on him i can use capital i instead of l lol

Mechacaseal, Funky. Please contemplate what is happening here.

People who know Mechacaseal, will know him by his character and not his nickname.

Otherwise this is going to be a problem in a hand-basket.

Guest Mechacaseal

Mechacaseal, Funky. Please contemplate what is happening here.

People who know Mechacaseal, will know him by his character and not his nickname.

Otherwise this is going to be a problem in a hand-basket.

I know where they are coming from. They watch my youtube videos then proceed to follow me around. with that said i currently got 81 subscribers. pathetically thats my highest record ever.

Hi. I'm very sorry to bother you. Can you please help?

I was banned from cncNet Tiberian Sun.

I had a simple conversation with some weird guy called : cncnetvet.

And he said I would be banned.  Mechacaseal changed nickname, so I used his nickname.

Then I told cncnetvet, that I am not Mechacaseal. I took his name, because he changed it.

(In fact, I told every one that I am NOT Mechacaseal. I was told he changed his nickname, so I used it temporarily. )

Anyways, cncnetvet wouldn't believe me, and kept on accusing me of being Mechacaseal, who is from USA,

he kept on accusing me of using a cheap London VPN.

Over and over and over, he kept on accusing me of using a cheap London VPN.

He didn't believe me when I told him the truth : I am in London UK.  I am not Mechacaseal.

Anyways. So he got me banned out of that. Can you please help to unban me?

What can I do to unban please?

Thanks for your time. I'm sorry to bother you.

I will not use Mechacaseal's name again, and I apologise for that. I thought he was not using his name anymore, because Spawn1UK told me, that he had changed nickname.

I sincerely apologise. It won't happen again.

And sorry if this caused anyone any problems.

Could mods boot this guy if they see him online using my name? says hes from europe. probably the same hacker troll who was using my name on the forum too.

Them Europeans.

could you implement the login password??

have seen a few impostors..

Yeah, I kind of wonder why this was never done. It using IRC is no excuse; nickserv has been a staple of irc for ages.

Mechacaseal changed nickname, so I used his nickname.

Question remains... why did you feel the need to impersonate another user?  :dry:

Them Europeans.

That wasn't me, I am not a troll hacker, I never used Mechacaseal's name on any forum.

I downloaded cncnet Tiberian Sun for the first time, less than 1 month ago. But playing C&C games since 90s.

Mechacaseal changed nickname, so I used his nickname.

Question remains... why did you feel the need to impersonate another user?  :dry:

I did not impersonate another User.

I specifically told everyone that I am not Mechacaseal. They could also clearly see the GB flag, next to the name.

I used his name temporarily because Spawn1UK told me he changed it.

But anyways there was this one weird guy called cncnetvet. He kept accusing me of using a cheap London VPN.

He refused to believe that I wasn't Mechacaseal.

noob2__again.JPG.b990155ba78f59bb446811073cc2fc58.JPG

noob3.JPG.f488d93fb6633664dbc6d848100beb9a.JPG

could you implement the login password??

have seen a few impostors..

Yeah, I kind of wonder why this was never done. It using IRC is no excuse; nickserv has been a staple of irc for ages.

I haven't known that the CnCNet IRC server is capable of that, and I still don't know how exactly it works. In other words, it's yet another thing that the rest of the CnCNet team hasn't informed me about.

And not everyone is familiar with IRC. Before I started developing the client I hadn't practically ever used IRC.

As for the ban, you deserved it. Even "temporarily using" another user's name is a serious offense. And you shouldn't believe that someone changed their name unless you hear it from the person who supposedly changed their name.

It's basically a bot in the channel with channel operator rights that renames or kicks off people (depending on configuration) if they don't authenticate with it first.

I did not impersonate another User.

I specifically told everyone that I am not Mechacaseal. They could also clearly see the GB flag, next to the name.

I used his name temporarily because Spawn1UK told me he changed it.

You're dodging the question. I'm not gonna argue semantics here. I just want to know how on earth you could ever think it was a good idea to use the specific name of some other user in the community, no matter whether they still used it or not. It's not like it's a common name or anything, or something you could've come up with on your own. it's really specifically his username. :huh:

Guest Mechacaseal

He became obsessed with me for some reason and repeatedly would message me thanking me for maknig videos and to put deleted videos back up. I got annoyed fairly quickly and started telling him to go away but he would always show up with the same thank you messages and requests. eventually various people started telling me he was asking about me and then eventually he used my username lol. hes obviously a little weird thats all.

It's basically a bot in the channel with channel operator rights that renames or kicks off people (depending on configuration) if they don't authenticate with it first.

In that case, it sounds like it'd be useless in YR's, DTA's and TI's case because they have their own channel and those don't have a bot right now.

(Shouldn't the bot boot the fakenicker off from the whole server instead of just the channel?)

He became obsessed with me for some reason and repeatedly would message me thanking me for maknig videos and to put deleted videos back up. I got annoyed fairly quickly and started telling him to go away but he would always show up with the same thank you messages and requests. eventually various people started telling me he was asking about me and then eventually he used my username lol. hes obviously a little weird thats all.

Thanks for the new vids. Spawn1uk told me you changed nickname. Sorry I temporarily used your nickname.

I just wanted to pass on a message because cool new vids were removed. Sorry.

At one point, there was no reply. so I kept typing and repeating myself lol. sorry  XD

In that case, it sounds like it'd be useless in YR's, DTA's and TI's case because they have their own channel and those don't have a bot right now.

(Shouldn't the bot boot the fakenicker off from the whole server instead of just the channel?)

Ahh, nickserv isn't actually a channel bot. It checks all logins. It's unrelated to channels, actually.

Really, if you want the specifics on nickserv, just google it  :dry: