Active good c&c95 players & ladder

weaveR

lol.. after playing some real opponents,  my butt still hurts from the whoopings I got but man it is nice to be back.  Seems like everybody was doing their push-ups since I've been gone!  It's such a contrast to making SP maps where I can play God and inflict pain on players from a distance.. ha ha

Yeah, this is why I wanted to make cnc tutorial vids, but have had a lot of trouble getting to record. Maybe I should just buy bandicam?

My issue with recording games is that I have to have ddraw enabled and that causes all kinds of issues for me.  Gonna have to fiddle with my settings a bit and see if I can remedy the situation.  I've been messing with OBS with limited success lately, one of these days I'll have to test it on cncnet.

Man, I miss the DOS screen shake too...

Hell yeah.. that shit was tight.... Did it work in Dos CNC when playing over the modem?  That was sooo long ago I don't even remember.

On a side note: I really like how when you enter a game room you get all those helpful hints for new people, but I was wondering who makes those?  Can we please add one advising players to resign instead of abort game?  This is a personal gripe of mine when people just leave the game.  I mean geez, I agreed to your stupid game with 55 units and 999999999 credits, used that to my advantage, and now I don't even get the pleasure of seeing all your stuff explode?! arg

eh playing with JackCarter once is difficult

playing with him in the midst of an ffa is awkward/annoying

playing him more than once is extremely easy. If you can do a half decent job vs engis, apaches and nukes, you win.

The hints definitively sound Lovehandlish to me I know he reads up on strategy websites that were built in the 90's he's linked me them before. I guess Jacko could add some hints too being he's written his own guide.

I remember playing the dos version with dialup modems vs my brother when I went to friends houses and friends when I was at home and yes the screen shaking did work when you destroyed a CY and I don't remember it ever disconnecting but apparently it did and that's why it got removed in the windows 95 version, too bad my brothers too scared to play anymore.

I just had another game with Chem he won and ran lol he's calling himself ChinaNoLag at the moment he's quite fun to play he's about my level so I'm sure Jacko could thrash him.

Chem is dangerous but very beatable. He, like many Nod players, are addicted to light vehicles and apaches.

Need to teach Nod players to use flame weapons/arty to deal with the infantry, else it often just turns into a base race, haha. Need to have the satisfaction of good engagements... mmmmmm, good engagements *drool*

I want to see all the units used, damn it! xD

-Liam

Yeah I would have beat Chem if I had noticed he built 4 apachies to kill my CY and power plants I had way more buggies than he did and I could see he was panicing and building turrents but he would have eventually ran out of tiberium and he even said phew after sniping my shit with his apachies.

I should just build sam sites every game vs him he's very predictable.

if hes playing HJK map as usual I find myself way better suited as GDI, but only if you can prevent his scouts from getting in your base.

Otherwise yeah your buildings are toast..

Maybe thats just because I prefer GDI to Nod.

Yeah nothing beats grenadiers and med tanks but war factories are so weak it makes them a target for apachies as well so yeah it's important to stop him from scouting your base especially if your GDI because rocket soldiers suck but they're the only thing you can use to stop apachies if your GDI unless you want to tech.

Chem never scouts with infantry he always scouts with his first buggie it's quite hard to keep it from entering your base as he always only builds one refinery at the start for his build order.

As is the solution to any Light vehicle problem a well-placed wall of grenadiers/minigunners/flamers across the base entrance should stop an early buggy or two if you're paying attention.

Once I try to expand out into the middle I block part of it with a barracks and maybe a guard tower or two (as well as a couple of scattered infantry)

The main big problem is finding a way to block scouts whilst still being able to let your harvesters in and out.

"nothing beats grenadiers and med tanks". What about flame weapons/apaches/bikes?

Again, I'm pretty convinced that most of our Nod players are just heavy on the light vehicles in their unit composition.

If something's not working, switch it up. For example, even though med tanks are more of a counter to buggies than hummers, I'll still make more hummers in the early game against Nod, as it allows me to have units that can keep up with the pace. At one stage I was opening with 2 barracks, even. Eventually, I switched back to one, and just made sure I did a good early inf spam, and then place a second about 2 refs, now 3. So my build keeps changing and somewhat my unit composition (often depending on what my opponent is actually building).

-Liam

I find on HJK I normally try to harvest all or at least most of the tiberium in my base before expanding to the middle because you have to spend time building into the middle and it's important to try to have more units than your opponent early otherwise you'll just get rushed and your middle tiberium harvesters will get killed anyway. It's also easier to block early scouts if you don't have to worry about your harvesters being able to get in and out of your base so it's a good idea to build refinerys outside the entrance once the base tiberium has been harvested.

I also find it hard to get flame throwers close enough to grenadiers when playing someone who's good at microing being grenadiers have more range than flame throwers and depending on the map I sometimes find I can't afford apachies as well as units but I guess that's a reason to play maps with lots of tiberium when playing as NOD but you must rush before a GDI player has time to build mammoth tanks otherwise bikes, apachies and flame throwers do nothing.

I just watched the match I had with Jacko ages ago on dead hexagon and I just seem to run out of money as NOD being the map has little tiberium and I just couldn't beat his med tanks and grenaiders with bikes and flame throwers even when building hands of nod and spamming flame throwers as close as possible to his attacking grenadiers.

Well, I said flamer, but that could be SSM and flame tank, also. On apaches, most people make 4, at least, but there's nothing wrong with going for 1 and just using it to take out grens, forcing GDI to make rocket inf and mammoth, which are less cost effective units.

-Liam