C&C95 needs a new generation of maps.

Myg

(Multiplayer ones ofc).

Current ones need more "Oomph".

More inspiration when looking at a map is required.

Please insert more design patterns that are unique to the mind of a regular player.

Matt, I haven't looked at your single player ones.

Can you convert any concepts over?

Matt, I haven't looked at your single player ones.

Can you convert any concepts over?

well, imo MP and SP maps are 2 entirely different beasts.  in MP I go for some loose semblance of symmetry/balance, where in SP it revolves more around making the AI have a defensible position and the player having to defend multiple entrances to their bases.  (to help compensate for derp derp AI) However if anybody wants to convert/edit/mash up any of my maps, feel free because as far as I'm concerned they belong to everyone here.  It'd be nice if I was credited somewhere, though.  But now that I think about it the original WW are so imbalanced and asymmetrical some would make good SP maps :D

Another problem if you get too creative or abstract is sometimes the pathfinding gets all kinds of screwy, so that's another issue to keep in mind.  You could always make one like that on purposed, I suppose... Although I don't think it'd be a big hit.

No, no. RA1 needs a new generation of maps. Actually pretty looking ones without that infinite money crap :P

Yeah I think I mentioned having the urge to make P4 look not so horrific a while back, but I think it'd be a waste of time since obviously the players aren't much bothered by the visual assault that are most RA maps.  And if they want to play with infinite $$ let 'em.  I certainly don't!!

Unfortunately for me, I'm not going to be able to concentrate on c&c quite as much (at least for a little while) so have at it guys!

Would it be possible to make totally anti-MP maps for MP games?

Something like 1 player has a base and the other players have squads and they have to invade the base by many directions.

No one can build units, just have to use the resources you have in-game.

It would be like a single player, except the AIs are humans. Or maybe 2 x 4 matches (currently 2x3).

one way or another I think it could be done.... come to think of it, something like GiftS SW maps might work.....  I actually was messing around a while ago with no base/1v1 5 commandos and a MHQ apiece... was doing LAN with buddy at my house.  He didn't seem to approve, though.  Was finally a good use for my crappy 'dead river' map however... And there's always my co-op 'Metal Onslaught' ---still buggy to 'win' without turning on your buddy... but there definitely could always be more co-op maps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, no. RA1 needs a new generation of maps. Actually pretty looking ones without that infinite money crap :P

Oh my God, so, so true. I haven't been on CnCNet for RA1 because all those "classy" people play on the infinite money, ugly design maps. I have no interest in playing on those maps at all. I had some really good games with some people, but a lot of them simply have no idea what to do with their units.

BONUS: I'm redoing some of the original RA1 maps for my TD RA1 mod. On your knees and pray you get through some of them alive :) Play as Nod and be constantly struck by A10s and harrassed by GDI armor, play as GDI and Nod will just spam your critical units with bands of suicidal recon bikes aside other things. So, I made the original RA1 levels a lot harder, but since it's a different game, I'm sure you will have a great time trying all sorts of strategies to beat them.