RA2 & YR FREE!!!

Jacen Solo

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/free-games/on-the-house

or this

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/c-c-the-ultimate-collection/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

There's some difference, but who cares Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge totally free with Origins On The House!!  :D

Hopefully as On The House deals last forever we can be seeing this for another month or two!!!  :P

Free for now..

"On The House" is temporary.

You do own the game permanently on the specific account its bind to if you use the opportunity to get it.

The offer can be removed in few days to a bit more then a month.

EA offers random free games to get people on Origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Origin%27s_On_the_House_games

CnCnet already supports YR. Ra2 is in the works AFAIK.

If u want Play ra2 online go to www.xwis.net but for Yuri cncnet is better place

Timeline for RA2 support? I'm asking because I don't think I'll like XWIS due to the cheaters, banning, and old-school gamers.

Also, does C&C: YR contain everything in C&C: RA2, so there is no need to really support RA2 Thx!

Timeline for RA2 support? I'm asking because I don't think I'll like XWIS due to the cheaters, banning, and old-school gamers.

Cheaters are banned there, genius. Not normal people.

Also, does C&C: YR contain everything in C&C: RA2, so there is no need to really support RA2 Thx!

In a way. But you can't install YR without some crucial RA2 files.

Cheaters are banned there, genius. Not normal people.

Maybe I'm wrong, however I thought C&C: RA2 players are and/or were banned for reasons other than cheating.

Downloaded this, and had my brother and friends download it on their Origin account as well. Figured we'd bring back the golden days of CNC LAN'ning. Got the LAN patch up and running,.. only to find out the Origin version of RA2 still uses serials, and apparently uses the same serial for every copy for every account. The game connects just fine over LAN, but it won't allow any Origin user to join the game of any other Origin user.

Now, I still have my old multi-CD copy lying around, so I actually got a legit spare serial, and wanted to input that in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>EA Games>Serial/CD-Key, but there does not seem to be a registry entry for the serial. I subsequently checked HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>%, and all other possible locations (the Origin version of RA2 seems to create quite a few registry folders), but to no avail. There isn't a serial anywhere to be found!

Has anyone else found a workaround using the Origin version of RA2 yet, or has had better luck finding the CD-Key registry entry?

Too bad, it gives me black screen on Windows 10.  XD

I got it working on my Win10 setup :D

Would you mind sharing your experience for the benefit of others?

I got it working on Windows 10 as well, without any modifications.

The LAN serial issue aside, it runs without any problems, right out of the (virtual) box.

Don't people dual-boot anymore? I haven't done it since WinXP & Vista, but what I don't get is: Why don't people dual-boot their newer operating systems with their older ones, especially when

-internet forums are sprinkled with Win 8 & Win 10 incompatibility problems

-HDDs aren't that expensive these days so you have the choice of buying a larger HDD and partitioning it, or separating each OS on an individual drive

-If you're unsure of how to do it, there's always Google and YouTube and computer forums and friends and...

Is there something I'm missing? I don't get why people don't do it. I understand with Win10 being a free upgrade, which makes it tempting to replace your old OS rather than installing both, but people have always made complaints about their new OS not doing what their previous one did, ever since I can remember (from Dos -> Win 95, 98 -> XP -> Vista...)

Think2.gif

A much safer solution to that is using virtual machines.

Way too slow though, and still too many incompatibilities (I think because the VM isn't 100% the same as a stand-alone OS). I've ran into a few problems with running things on VMs in the past, mainly with drivers.

Don't people dual-boot anymore? I haven't done it since WinXP & Vista, but what I don't get is: Why don't people dual-boot their newer operating systems with their older ones, especially when

-internet forums are sprinkled with Win 8 & Win 10 incompatibility problems

Because I can do my research better than most people around Internet forums and I can fix the incompatibility issues using compatibility fixes or TS-DDRAW or both. :) Far more convenient than dual booting.

Way too slow though, and still too many incompatibilities (I think because the VM isn't 100% the same as a stand-alone OS). I've ran into a few problems with running things on VMs in the past, mainly with drivers.

Depends on the OS you're installing on the VM. Windows 9x will be sluggish because of the dependency on SciTech Display Doctor 7.0 Beta, but Windows 2000 and XP should be pretty good even on laptops. They support VirtualBox's Guest Additions which negate the need for standard drivers.

Edit: Disregard this post and see post below my post.

Now, I still have my old multi-CD copy lying around, so I actually got a legit spare serial, and wanted to input that in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>EA Games>Serial/CD-Key, but there does not seem to be a registry entry for the serial. I subsequently checked HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>%, and all other possible locations (the Origin version of RA2 seems to create quite a few registry folders), but to no avail. There isn't a serial anywhere to be found!

Has anyone else found a workaround using the Origin version of RA2 yet, or has had better luck finding the CD-Key registry entry?

I believe it's the key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Electronic Arts>EA Core>Staging>1001298>ergc

That said I had no issues playing with a friend using the Origin versions so I imagine they fixed the giving the same serial thing issue at some point.

I believe it's the key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Electronic Arts>EA Core>Staging>1001298>ergc

RA2 - 32-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Westwood\Red Alert 2

RA2 - 64-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Westwood\Red Alert 2

YR - 32-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Westwood\Yuri's Revenge

YR - 64-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Westwood\Yuri's Revenge

All of them under the "Serial" value.

All serials are written without the dashes between number sets.

RA2 - 32-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Westwood\Red Alert 2

RA2 - 64-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Westwood\Red Alert 2

YR - 32-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Westwood\Yuri's Revenge

YR - 64-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Westwood\Yuri's Revenge

All of them under the "Serial" value.

All serials are written without the dashes between number sets.

Nope, they're not there. Not for the Origin version at least.

Edit: Disregard this post and see post below my post.

That said I had no issues playing with a friend using the Origin versions so I imagine they fixed the giving the same serial thing issue at some point.

Ha, that's the first location that makes sense. Is the 1001298 number always the same? I got it as well, but I got other Origin games installed too, so if it's sequential it might differ per account/machine.

I haven't tried out whether this works, probably won't have the time today either. It's only one serial though, rather than two separate ones for RA2 and Yuri's revenge. I wonder whether that'd be an issue.