Tiberian Dawn for Pros

MattAttack

6QphCop.png

IMPORTANT!!! This campaign will NOT work with the stripped down cncnet version of C&C.  You must have Nyerguds' full version!!

So here we go!  Here is the updated version of my Tiberian Dawn for Pros campaign.  It now includes GDI missions 1-11 and Nod 1-12.  It is meant to be occurring concurrently to the original game.  This is the culmination of all of my trigger research, artistic training, and passion for Tiberian Dawn.  If you're like me and could beat TD and Covert Ops blindfolded then this is for you!  I've done everything in my power to counter the dumbass AI of the computer using all kinds of crazy scripting tricks and specific map layouts.  Since I first played C&C back in the 90's I wanted to make this and I couldn't be prouder.  Hopefully this will work with the remasters, but we'll see!

All of the maps are by me, with the exception of:

SCB03EB-  based on a mission by CN2MC-- I slightly altered his map and scripted the entire thing from scratch, although the concept of the map is basically the same.

SCB12EA-  Based on the MP map "High Tide" by CN2MC-- Again slightly altered the map for singleplayer and scripted an entire mission around it

SCB05EA-  Based on the SW MP map "Double Battle" by GiftS.  Same changes as above.

I’ve also included save games if you want to skip ahead, but they’re all in 1024x768 so if you play at a different resolution, weird shit happens and they don’t work correctly.

How to play? Simply download the .mix file into your c&c directory and select "Start New Game."  (this screen:)

0IOSBWf.png

The missions are meant to take place worldwide and not just in Africa or Europe, but I just never got around to replacing the map select screen..... maybe someday!  Someday, also in fantasy land, I'd really like to make all new briefing videos.

Instead of screenshots, I just made a "trailer" for the whole bloody project:

Known bugs:

If you're crazy like me and try to play it in DOS c&c, you may get a few minor graphical errors.  For some reason, there seem to be a few missing "template" tiles in the DOS version.  I usually play singleplayer with ddraw switched off, and the only time I ever got a crash was when I was trying to record with ddraw enabled.  Maybe it was just bad luck?  You're on your own if you try playing this at a resolution higher than 1020x768 -- all bets are off at that point and you're likely to have a crash.......

And PLEASE let me know if you find any bugs, hate it, love it or whatever..... YOUR FEEDBACK HELPS!! (I really honest to god was trying to not make these missions too difficult!)

ALSO: Special thanks to everyone who tested the maps and gave me all the awesome feedback.  Kilkakon, White, Gifts, Jacko, RC1985, Chimas, cn2mc---- I think that's everyone........ THANK YOU!!!

oh and of course thanks to nyerguds for answering all of my annoying questions!

!TD4PROS_5_25.zip

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi

I downloaded your pros patch,worked fine,but after finishing fourth GDI mission its skipped me to a original campaign.I beat 4th mission A and B but 5th mission,(Czech Republic) is from original campaign.Even 6 mision,7,8...Can you help me?

Yes, being part 1, it only goes through mission 4, then resumes the regular campaign.  I'm almost finished through mission 9 on both sides, so I plan on updating soon and I'm super stoked on the new maps.  Honestly, I posted these so I could get input on whether they suck or not.  Keep in mind that all of the uploaded missions have alternates, too.  Coming soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/17/2018 at 7:46 PM, Grove4life5 said:

This looks cool and I want to look into it but I want to make sure do I get the original campaign back when I delete the files again?

Of course. Addons on C&C1 are very simple things. No in-depth install involved. Put files in folder and they work, remove them and everything is back to normal.

• Thanks 1

Hi folks, long time no see!  Well, this is a long overdue update for my SP mission pack, Tiberian Dawn for Pros.  I completed up to mission 9 for Nod and 8EA for GDI.  Although the last mission was finished almost 2 years ago, I got sidetracked by work and additional kids (I have 4 now!)  I figured with all this remaster stuff going on, I better finish up the briefings that were needed and upload it before the point was TOTALLY moot.  Anyway, I'm extremely proud of them and put a ridiculous amount of work into this, so I hope you enjoy them.  There's actually tons of hidden stuff in them  for those who might take the time.  I utilized the "carry over cash" function a lot and exploited some of the game's campaign logic in interesting ways.  For example, the GDI mission 6 mission skipping logic (where you needed to blow up the airfield) is now reversed so that mission 7 is actually a secret bonus mission-- and if you successfully complete this, mission 8 starts off in a completely different way by using the carry over cash function in conjunction with a "credits" trigger.  blah blah blah... Anyway, making these missions was  a ridiculous amount of fun for me and I hope somebody plays them... lol

Here's a video I made a while back of some of the new missions I made:

and just in case, here's a redundant download link:

https://forums.cncnet.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=47089

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:31 AM, Lovehandles said:

Very glad to see my favourite Matt of Attack is still alive and well; keep up the good, and no doubt immensely arduous, work. :- )

Yeah I miss all of you guys and being a part of this awesome community....  It's funny to come back after all this time and still see TD strategies being debated and Chem still complaining about being repeatedly banned... lol!  It's a little sad to see some regulars don't seem to come around anymore though :(

19 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

Well done. I should take the time to bash through this. If I can get my video software working properly again, I'll make upload the plays!

That would be cool! I certainly don't have time these days, unfortunately.  

anyways, here's another video I have showcasing the beginning of GDI 8... enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Hi MattAttack, I'm really interested in this and I commend you for all of your hard work. How is the project coming along now?

I also have a mission I have made and wondered if you would be interested in giving it a try? 

CJ

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:12 PM, *CJ* said:

Hi MattAttack, I'm really interested in this and I commend you for all of your hard work. How is the project coming along now?

I also have a mission I have made and wondered if you would be interested in giving it a try? 

CJ

Hey thanks for being interested!  The project is on a little bit of a hiatus right now as all I have time for is work and my babies but I pretty much have all the concepts for the remaining missions that need to be completed.  If you have a completed mission, feel free to post it here on the forums-- but if you like you can attach it to a comment here or email it to me.  Not sure how quickly I'd be able to get to it, but I'd love to see it!  Have you seen my videos on mission scripting?

Hi MattAttack,

I completely understand. I have two babies so a huge amount of my time is swallowed up! But I wouldn't change it for the world.

Yes I have a few completed missions. I generally design them to be played in DosBox (I prefer the original VGA Zoom of the game and being right in close to the action). I'm sure they are equally playable in Nyerguds full revision version.

I will send you a private message with the .bin and .ini files attached soon once I finish work.

Hope you enjoy.

Chris

Well in light of the remasters being released in a couple of days, here's the update for my Tiberian Dawn for Pros campaign.  it's about 80% done and I couldn't be happier with it. :) Hopefully it will be compatible with the remasters, but it really was mostly to scratch my insatiable mission making itch.  Love it or hate it, let me know what you think!

Here's a new trailer:

Here's a redundant download link:

https://forums.cncnet.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=48777

• Like 2