Advertisment of CNCNet

Marsh

There is no official server.

XWIS is the closest thing to the definition, as they have some ties with EA. Not official subsidiary-like ties, just ties. Their server is based on official WOL coding and have anti-cheat.

CnCNet is just a custom advanced LAN lobby with an integrated IRC channel and some added features.

I see, well like I said i'll shoot the email for all those other servers you mentioned also as well wolf.

as far as xwis not being official, I guess the support given to xwis by ea (prizes, serial disbursement, the tournament sponsored by ea, those where all unofficial as well)

xwis was the redirection for wol and the power was given to xwis to be the official server of ra2.

@funkyfr3sh not pointing at anyone directly, however there is advertisement going out for cncnet being the official server which is completely wrong.

I see, well like I said i'll shoot the email for all those other servers you mentioned also as well wolf.

You're insane and unrealistic.

as far as xwis not being official, I guess the support given to xwis by ea (prizes, serial disbursement, the tournament sponsored by ea, those where all unofficial as well)

I meant that in a sense that you are not controlled by EA (like an owned studio) or in any way legally connected to their company other than the bonuses and rights they have given you.

This desperate granny went mental when he seen how the activity on cncnet exploded when it barely changed in xwis after the EA gave the free serials, so he's firing his last bullet in the hope that EA asks to remove Yuri from this server.

Members from xwis are advertising in this forum and no one said anything about it, but when someone says something about cncnet in xwis this clown closes the topic in hurry, what a low lifer.

marsh, let me be clear, if we drop ur pants and look at you from the back we will see that the gap between xwis and cncnet is so huge, and if we look at you from the front we can be 100% sure that xwis will never rise again.

Now ur going to send an email? better call Saul maybe?  :rolf:

This desperate granny went mental when he seen how the activity on cncnet exploded when it barely changed in xwis after the EA gave the free serials, so he's firing his last bullet in the hope that EA asks to remove Yuri from this server.

Actually, the YR ladder on XWIS moved from a long point blank when the giveaway started.

marsh, let me be clear, if we drop ur pants and look at you from the back we will see that the gap between xwis and cncnet is so huge, and if we look at you from the front we can be 100% sure that xwis will never rise again.

You're boasting without background. You're not helping CnCNet in any way. And you're not even in staff.

What is your background? and who are you anyway?

Someone who's been in the community far and wide, staff of numerous C&C sites, for a lot longer than you have. And yourself, "low-lifer"?

I've seen your ridiculous intervention in xwis forums and all i can say is that the way you approached the issue with the admins there hurts cncnet even more, you clearly lack common sense bro, with a staff like you in numerous C&C sites no wonder why EA don't make strategy games anymore.

You're absolutely blind and speak with no rational thought whatsoever.

Neither CnCNet or XWIS are saints. The biggest problem with CnCNet is when certain XWIS rejects came and decided they wanted to take over the YR (and the announced RA2) support, which they're covering miserably. They're like: "Game isn't working? Download the YR client. Can't fix the resolution? Download the YR client. Got RA2/YR from EA's giveaway? Download the YR client at all costs, XWIS doesn't get a mention. Your keyboard is on fire? Download the YR client, of course! Oh, and we'll reupload a few videos from the community to our channel without producing any ourselves, because fuck it." Oh, and let's not forget a few destructive people in the TS section.

Don't get me wrong, CnCNet staff has done great stuff with TD/RA1/TS patching and all, but ffs, keep it real. CnCNet's advertising is absolutely the worst I've seen in quite a while in this community, if ever.

XWIS' problem are lack of advertising and certain narrow-minded people filling the forums. They have actual anti-cheat and a fully functioning ladder, however.

It's difficult to take a side when both are equally good and equally rotten in so many different ways. That's why I'm not following a cult of personality for either and pound each where valid, not scorched-earth-ey like you.

Please inform yourself and cut the propaganda when you touch your keyboard, kid. Growing up a little will help, too.

You're absolutely blind and speak with no rational thought whatsoever.

Neither CnCNet or XWIS are saints. The biggest problem with CnCNet is when certain XWIS rejects came and decided they wanted to take over the YR (and the announced RA2) support, which they're covering miserably. They're like: "Game isn't working? Download the YR client. Can't fix the resolution? Download the YR client. Got RA2/YR from EA's giveaway? Download the YR client at all costs, XWIS doesn't get a mention. Your keyboard is on fire? Download the YR client, of course! Oh, and we'll reupload a few videos from the community to our channel without producing any ourselves, because fuck it." Oh, and let's not forget a few destructive people in the TS section.

Don't get me wrong, CnCNet staff has done great stuff with TD/RA1/TS patching and all, but ffs, keep it real. CnCNet's advertising is absolutely the worst I've seen in quite a while in this community, if ever.

XWIS' problem are lack of advertising and certain narrow-minded people filling the forums. They have actual anti-cheat and a fully functioning ladder, however.

It's difficult to take a side when both are equally good and equally rotten in so many different ways. That's why I'm not following a cult of personality for either and pound each where valid, not scorched-earth-ey like you.

Please inform yourself and cut the propaganda when you touch your keyboard, kid. Growing up a little will help, too.

Okay, you got me, you're a great man, i feel small toward someone with your intellect and achievement, please forgive my innocence.

Guys, calm down a bit! There is really no reason to insult each other

xwis was the redirection for wol and the power was given to xwis to be the official server of ra2.

@funkyfr3sh not pointing at anyone directly, however there is advertisement going out for cncnet being the official server which is completely wrong.

Could you give some more information about this? I haven't heard of it yet, wondering what is going on there

XWIS is the service that works out-of-the-box for all of the original C&C games so when people come to CnCNet they have made a choice to do so despite there being working multiplayer included with TS, RA2 and YR. I don't count Westwood Chat as working so XWIS isn't really the place for Tiberian Dawn or Red Alert however you try to look at it, it's just too painful to use and it's not their fault multiplayer sucked with those titles originally.

Reading back the CnCNet Facebook page I didn't see anything said about it being official in any way and it only has links to the free offers and some CnCNet related stuff (duh). If there's CnCNet talk on anything else than the official CnCNet Facebook page, that's our of our control and you should contact the author directly.

I believe EA acknowledges our existence and if they had a problem with the way we do things the would have asked us to change our ways already. Looking forward to official contact by them if you do get a reply. You can get my email via the donation button (visible on the PayPal page) to CC me when you send the email so they know how to contact us directly if they have something to say.

• Upvote 1

They've given prize sponsorship to all the large C&C community sites in the past, actually. This is nothing new, at all, and certainly nothing exclusive to xwis.

The biggest problem with CnCNet is when certain XWIS rejects came and decided they wanted to take over the YR (and the announced RA2) support, which they're covering miserably. They're like: "Game isn't working? Download the YR client. Can't fix the resolution? Download the YR client. Got RA2/YR from EA's giveaway? Download the YR client at all costs, XWIS doesn't get a mention. Your keyboard is on fire? Download the YR client, of course! Oh, and we'll reupload a few videos from the community to our channel without producing any ourselves, because fuck it."

As someone who has invested plenty of his time and effort into tech support and patching, I have to agree with this. Even if the installer helps with certain issues, that's no way to do tech support. It's just one step away from me only distributing my C&C95 v1.06 patch with some custom missions of my own in it instead of the original campaigns.

An overview of what exactly these installers do and offer, that doesn't require installing it first, would be really nice to have :dry:

XWIS is the service that works out-of-the-box for all of the original C&C games

This isn't exactly true any more, now xwis requires you to have an account on their site and configure your RA2 serial in it...

I'm all for CnCNet now due to so many reasons. But out of respect for xwis/strike-team, the server and community that has given me RA2/YR enjoyment for so many years, I feel I have to somewhat add my 2 cents worth of defending it:

Although XWIS (XCC Westwood Online IRC Server) wasn't mentioned as being the 'official' RA2/YR server by an EA/Westwood staff member (not to my knowledge anyway), when Apoc was the EA Community Manager, he did acknowledge the new server to be a 'partner' of EA and also 'the main online game server' for all the classic C&C games. For those interested (and have the time), this should hopefully make things clearer (I apologize for my sig :D):

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/172772-the-dawn-of-xwis/

Also, in EA's EULA (End User License Agreement) regarding The Ultimate Collection, it state's that 'ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES FOR CERTAIN TITLES REQUIRES REGISTRATION ON THE XWIS COMMUNITY SERVER'. It does not mention any other server or community.

Lastly, just a little Q&A with DonCarlo (a retired xwis admin) and Olaf, about the WOL ->XWIS redirection.

-----

Remember guys, what's important is not what's best for the servers, but what's best for the games.

Could you give some more information about this? I haven't heard of it yet, wondering what is going on there

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/182377-could-we-work-with-other-servers/

This isn't exactly true any more, now xwis requires you to have an account on their site and configure your RA2 serial in it...

Half of multiplayer services out there fit that description, but you don't need to edit some files or install DLLs to redirect to XWIS' server. If you install a game several times, you don't have to do literally anything except use the same login name and password :P

They've given prize sponsorship to all the large C&C community sites in the past, actually. This is nothing new, at all, and certainly nothing exclusive to xwis.

This is very true, actually.

Neither CnCNet or XWIS are saints. The biggest problem with CnCNet is when certain XWIS rejects came and decided they wanted to take over the YR (and the announced RA2) support, which they're covering miserably. They're like: "Game isn't working? Download the YR client. Can't fix the resolution? Download the YR client. Got RA2/YR from EA's giveaway? Download the YR client at all costs, XWIS doesn't get a mention. Your keyboard is on fire? Download the YR client, of course!

(I forgot to reply to this post the other day)

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I think it's unfair to call Sean, Grant and anyone else from xwis working on RA2/YR, 'XWIS rejects', not to mention it's a little harsh! :D They're doing a good job, and even if they weren't, don't forget that they're doing it for the love of the games, and for free. If anybody out there can help out or do a better job, I'm sure they'll welcome it.

If 'Download the YR client' fixes problems, then why not? If it stops my keyboard from burning, then good. If it fixes my wife's pms, I'll be downloading 50 copies! I think it's great that these guy are continually working on fixes for things like Win 8 and Win 10 problems, something that a big name developer is too cheap to pay their programmers to work on.

P.S. - Sean is a big bla... I mean... African American man... don't mess with him or he'll whoop your ass! :D

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I think it's unfair to call Sean, Grant and anyone else from xwis working on RA2/YR, 'XWIS rejects', not to mention it's a little harsh! :D

Well, that is what at least one of them is, nothing more.

They're doing a good job

Even The God Of Tiberian Dawn disagrees, as you've seen.

and even if they weren't, don't forget that they're doing it for the love of the games, and for free.

Is that something that nobody else does? FFS, none of us does anything for money, that's nothing worth stressing. It would be illegal to do otherwise, anyway.

If anybody out there can help out or do a better job, I'm sure they'll welcome it.

Anyone with a bit of IQ can, that's the point.

If 'Download the YR client' fixes problems, then why not? If it stops my keyboard from burning, then good. If it fixes my wife's pms, I'll be downloading 50 copies! I think it's great that these guy are continually working on fixes for things like Win 8 and Win 10 problems, something that a big name developer is too cheap to pay their programmers to work on.

But the idiotic developers of the client are unable to do simple changelogs and descriptions on what they do exactly. They're only capable of spamming the crap out of every space they see with links to it.

But the idiotic developers of the client are unable to do simple changelogs and descriptions on what they do exactly. They're only capable of spamming the crap out of every space they see with links to it.

What the hell. I'm the primary developer of the YR client (other people have only made textures and the installer is by FunkyFr3sh) and I've got no role in any of this social media / forum advertising, the people responsible for those have had no real role in client development itself. Please do your research better before calling others "idiotic".

If anyone has any questions on what the client exactly does, I'm happy to answer.

You came later to the party, I wasn't referring to you. You seem competent, anyway.

I missed that you remade the YR client as well, sorry for that. I'm primarily mad at Grant.

Yes I gathered that.  :P

Comments on posts on any Facebook page more or less are people saying the game doesn't work for win 7, 8, 10 etc. They could also mean its not working online but mostly, they have the game but they can't start it, that's what I assume. I assume "it dont work on win8" is they have nothing working, the games as good as dead.  Good, now multiply one liner comments like that by 100 times a week per page, excluding direct messages and boosted posts and tell me a better way (as we stand right now) without:

• Giving them nothing at all
  • Replying in depth to each comment and remembering to reply back
  • Linking them to a support forum

It's simple and more beneficial to link someone to a potentially all in one solution that applies ts-ddraw, compat fixes, and removes a bunch of conflicting files that could address any number of their problems than give them completely nothing at all. Sure if you have time to help everyone that leaves a comment and you're paid to reply in depth fine, the point is no-ones paid and neither has the time.

Mostly theres a like or comment saying thanks, its worked. The others might not reply, or theres some other problem/is not what they were after (Too bad - we're not physic and can't predict what they mean by one liners). The other point to replying to comments like that is awareness of some sort of support for C&C classics, there's been very little awareness of online for YR up until now. I'm pleased its back in a positive number, you should be too.

Posts on the Facebook pages are not all me - believe that or not, so feel free to direct message the page and complain.  I've re-iterated this many times elsewhere that I am not the admin of that RA2 page despite being one of two that first made it. Somewhere, somehow I got demoted.

Regarding Marsh's comments I'm actually baffled by. There's been no official statements declaring CnCNet as an official server ever, period. If there has, take it up with the people you saw it said by because it wasn't any us, and its never been said anywhere across our site, social media channels etc.

Furthermore Wolf, if you still have beef with me add me on skype so we can talk it out instead of slinging mud up the walls.