Game speed

X3M

I am absolutely sure this has been asked before.

But will there be an option to turn down the game speed when playing TD online? Before the match happens? Or can it be done during the match?

I think CnCnet would benefit since new players actually would have a chance in learning the game.

This top speed is really chasing away new players.

You know... The ones that never saw it before.

Anyone can change the speed from within the game. If you change to slower it will become the default speed for the games you host after that. Slower speeds, contrary to popular belief, will not give newbies a better chance, if anything, they'll benefit the faster players more and will just prolong the noobs' agony. But some people do like it slower.

Indeed, it doesn't actually help. It's kinda better to just play and get used to it on a set speed.

Really, for online play, it should ALWAYS be the same.

What scares people more is top players wrecking them. I unfortunately did that to someone today, and they just left. I don't know if it was there first time, or what.

Thing is, if they do stick around for a while, they will find someone who's not so great at the game, also, and have a good game with them.

Would maybe be good if there was some sort of tag that you had, as some sort of rating. Even if it was just something that you tagged onto yourself.

What scares people more is top players wrecking them. I unfortunately did that to someone today, and they just left. I don't know if it was there first time, or what.

Thing is, if they do stick around for a while, they will find someone who's not so great at the game, also, and have a good game with them.

I agree completely.  If I'm facing someone I've never seen before, I still start with my usual build order and churn out units just in case, but after I scout their base and see only 1 ref or whatever I chill and try to chat with them.  I'll advise building more refs and hold back a while.  Sadly, some people just quit once they see the force I've amassed.  Or they quit when I annihilate a poorly executed engi/apc rush.  Sucks though, I never quit so easily when I started.

I agree completely.  If I'm facing someone I've never seen before, I still start with my usual build order and churn out units just in case, but after I scout their base and see only 1 ref or whatever I chill and try to chat with them.  I'll advise building more refs and hold back a while.  Sadly, some people just quit once they see the force I've amassed.  Or they quit when I annihilate a poorly executed engi/apc rush.  Sucks though, I never quit so easily when I started.

This is why my "was to be" buddy left me.

Even though I thought I was taking it easy on him.

A reduced game speed gives them a chance to watch and react. That is what they need in the beginning.

And yeah, talking to them does help.

But somehow, anti rush maps do great with TD. You know, it gives them a chance to turtle. I played one just minutes ago. And this other guy totally loved it.