JackoDerp decides to rant about Tiberian Dawn for some reason.

Jacko

Perhaps all this buffing isn't needed. If the APC were just easier to fill like in Red Alert.

Or having the factory deliver filled APC with having extra cost of course. (Perhaps custom filling? :) )

GDI still has the humm-vee and NOD has the buggy for normal attempts. But this would be a dream.

On a side note, who here has seen how things are done in C&C3? Maybe we can learn a bit from that "version" of the game.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't posted here in a while..was surprised to see Jacko rant about TD as it's a really great game responsible for our childhood memories :) but his points have strong ground.

Balance - sorry if I come across as a gaming ignoramus but I guess imbalance is something to be expected in any game? This is based on the games I've played (from 1994-2001), yes I really am ignorant if games have been developed differently ever since, I don't recall any game in that period having good balance among factions/characters.

Also, this is just my guess cos I don't know the inside story of TD development...seems to me like the creators probably didn't have a good grasp of multiplayer balance, they might not have tested multiplayer matches in depth and used 'apparent common sense' in deciding what to give to GDI and NOD. What I mean by this is maybe they just thought ok Nod will have smaller vehicles (which they thought are inferior, logically) and GDI would have bigger tanks, but Nod would have better defense structures and the opposite to GDI, then voila we have balance! (Then the players later realize that this doesn't create balance). In fact I read in an article somewhere that in the idea behind RA was to create distinctly different factions because the factions were 'almost the same' in TD, it sort of meant that the devs really thought their unit allocations were balanced.

Chem - this part got me laughing hard. In fact seeing the word 'chem' in the lobby already makes me laugh! Chem and I have a very long history back to my nub days and when he was still Benocide, and like Jacko I used to hate him so much, but it got to a point where this turned into amusement and even a genuine positive feeling. Some people just have that comical effect...the more they insult and troll, the more you laugh and like them instead..that's how it is between us lol. We even talk about game-unrelated stuff via PM, the conversation starts when he tries to troll me of course :P

I don't know much about C&C3, but I do know that the infantry is quite crap, buggies just wreck entire squads. Not sure of the power of light vehicles in that game, though.

I know you have to upgrade the bike, just to have rockets.

Remember that test we did? Where the bikes are good at first, but after reaching a certain amount of units. The medium tanks start winning by a landslide?

Same goes for the infantry in C&C3 against any anti infantry weapon.

The effect is called concentrated strength. Infantry have size 0 in C&C3 and will be having an advantage over units like a buggy. I assume that we are using only rocket troops against buggies.

Of course splash weapons like flamers and mortar are the counter against these 0 sized units.

The bigger the size of an unit, the clumsier it is in combat at large scale.

That oddity is C&C3.

I don't know how much it would help the current topic though.

In C&C3, the RPS is much sharper.

Are we talking about the same infantry? I mean, those with rifle's sure are useless against any vehicle and structure.

Especially those with splash damage ability. Perhaps you can PM me about the mission. And I can give you intel on it.

While here we go back to topic.