Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert 2

TaxOwlbear

Welcome to Command & Conquer Red Alert 2, the last C&C main game developed by Westwood before C&C Renegade (albeit with a different team). Red Alert 2 is probably one of the most popular C&C games. I certainly like it a lot and think that it has some critical improvements over Tiberian Sun.

But enough talk, here's the first Allied mission:

Allies Mission 1: Lone Guardian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time to go to Colorado and get back the Air Force Academy the Soviets took over. Remember how many missions it took in the first Red Alert to get planes? Not here.

Allies Mission 2: Eagle Dawn

This mission is surprisingly difficult to complete under par time considering that it's only the second mission of the campaign. Then again, the par times for RA2 are all over the place, with plenty of missions that can be completed in 30 minutes or less - but have a par time of 50+ minutes.

If you go to the right side at the start of the mission you can find some gi's and maybe a crate. If you break the wall at the left side of the first soviet base and move a little further there was also something there, think it were crates not sure. And then you have the cows close to the spawn. And like xem pointed out there are some tanks(&gi's?) behind a fence under the last nuclear missile.

Always liked to explore the entire maps in singleplayer to find all secrets :P

I forgot about those tanks for rescue. They where in this mission? Thought it was another one.

Anyway.

I talked about building tanks.

Use your engineers to take over the barracks. And the refinery. I believe there are 2. Don't remember about money crates, but if they are. Use the money to get your refinery working. Then simply build more engineers to take over the rest. I really enjoyed having like 50 tanks in that map :). And of course those 3 cows.

I can destroy everything on that map, including all walls.

Okay, okay, this is the last mission I cheese with Harriers. I think it's justified here, though.

Allies Mission 6: Liberty

This is the "get cheesy with Rocketeers" map :)

You may also grind some to highest rank while you are at building your troops.

You may keep a dog for getting crates :)

Don't you dare building a war factory.

Enjoy.

That is a very nice short battle. Didn't know it was even possible on that map. But she does mention "they invade now."

I am curious if you will do the same when Korea tries to invade the Sovjet Union.

That is a very nice short battle. Didn't know it was even possible on that map. But she does mention "they invade now."

Nyerguds mentioned it on Youtube: Apparently the win condition is destroying all Soviet buildings. To prevent the USSR from losing straight away (because they have no initial buildings on the map), they placed a lone turret on one of the islands. Destroy that and they lose straight away!

I am curious if you will do the same when Korea tries to invade the Sovjet Union.

We'll see. ;)

Every mission with Prism tanks is unbibelivabelylebavy easy. Those things are ridiculous over powered against AI in the single player missions. From this point on, my strategy was: Getting 9 rank 3 Prism Tanks. Then roll over the AI.

If dealing with V8. Simply keep moving. No need for IAV's.

Don't know how they fair in multiplayer though.

I think Prism Tanks were nerfed in Yuri's Revenge. They are very good in Vanilla RA2, but in YR, they are basically essential because they are the only thing that deals with Yuri clones, Masterminds, Magnetrons, Chaos Drones, and Psychic Towers. Yuri just has waaay too much stuff that you can't get close to.