Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert 2

TaxOwlbear

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know you could chrono enemy vehicles into water.

But then again, I do know that you can kill infantry with the Iron Curtain.

What other tricks are there?

Good show on that final mission of the Allieds. That was a very effective way of using walls.

It is nice to see that you too use those chronolegends for taking out those nuclear power plants.

Didn't know you could chrono enemy vehicles into water.

But then again, I do know that you can kill infantry with the Iron Curtain.

What other tricks are there?

You can also do the reverse: Chrono ships on land.

Another neat trick it to force attack your arms factory with a Chrono Legionnaire when the Soviets fire their nuke. A building that is currently being chrono'd can't be damaged, so your factory survives. Of course your Chrono Legionnaire is likely to get killed instead.

Good show on that final mission of the Allieds. That was a very effective way of using walls.

It is nice to see that you too use those chronolegends for taking out those nuclear power plants.

I didn't realise garrisoned buildings could shoot over walls, nice!

I don't use walls normally, but the ability of the GIs to shoot over walls totally make it worth it.

Chrono Legionnaries make that mission too easy though.

I wouldn't say it's too easy. I rarely get to use them before I fortified my base properly. You can go all crazy with them, though, and chrono all black Soviet units simultaneously.

I use Bandicam. Recording RA2 is a bit tricky. OBS does record it, but I don't really like OBS all that much. Mirillis Action and D3DGear don't detect it. What I did do is the following:

1. Set Bandicam to desktop recording.

2. Start recording.

3. Start RA2.

4. If you play YR, DON'T start and stop recording during cut scenes/menus. It will set the footage resolution to 800x600, even if you resolution is higher.

The reason why I didn't use in-game recording with Bandicam is because it for some reason doesn't record the side bar and often distorts the image.

Doesn't it? I thought it showed up when the transports arrive, not when the MCV is actually deployed.

I remember it didn't show once when I sink the transport before it unloaded the MCV.

Ah, okay. I haven't tried that and always went for the unloaded units.