AndrewFord is smashing my TD speedruns

RC1985

Hi,

Just a heads up that AndrewFord is now smashing the speedruns I did on TD; I'm pleasantly surprised that there's at least another person who embarked on speedrunning, and a third RA player to try TD apart from ehy and myself.

So far he's done 3 vids on GDI, I particularly like mission 2 where he captures the nod buildings at the start. This is what I like about healthy competition; new ideas and stategies are created :)

His mission 2 vid: https://youtube.com/watch?v=aK0vSURV6Jc

I also took a look at the single player map thread and saw that more missions (with good quality) have been created by more people. Seems like 2016 is going to be a good year for this game :)

That's impressive. I like speedruns.

AndrewFord, will you be compiling them all together in one video once done?

I'll probably just make them a part of a single playlist so its organized, much like how RC did his speedruns. But in the future I may try for a single segmented run (like how AGDQ do their speedruns)

Got up to mission 5 on my channel now, i'm still uploading more over the next few days (uploading lags everyone in my place so I need to find the right times for uploads)

Cool acknowledgements, btw ...

Unlike the many whom I've schooled, I don't lie about my matches and I admit it when I lose. If there are wins and losses, I don't only upload the wins to create the impression I'm better (something which AndrewFord is guilty of ;)), unless the wins far outnumber the losses.

Well done on smashing RC in Andrew!

I just love how hard chem will grasp at straws to hit at me :P seriously, there's nothing special about smashing my runs. None of the runs have ever been optimized, all one has to do is observe my method in each mission and run it until a better time is produced or even better still, make improvements on the method. For the latter case I'm really glad that AndrewFord noticed an AI trend from my vid in GDI 14 and exploited it to make a world record.

Well done on smashing RC in Andrew!

Chen It's a friendly competition, my runs derived from RC's runs anyhow. You seem to like starting beef from what I've seen on the forums.

something which AndrewFord is guilty of ;)

I actually haven't lost in years lol jk. I've been better about it now though.

I was more amazed when watching these to discover that the Nod base in GDI 12 (where you evacuate Moebius) doesn't even start with enough Power.

Like really?

Yea I learned they started with low power because I used to scout bases with humvees when I was a kid and I noticed the obelisks didn't attack me.

Got all GDI runs done, and made a youtube playlist of them. Btw I appreciate the shoutout on my speedruns.

Mission 10 was probably the most frustrating mission to run, and Mission 12 made me want to snap my keyboard in half, until I found the other variant was easier  :laugh:.

So, are you going to do GDI mission 7 too? I guess completing mission 6 correctly could be seen as the ultimate mission 7 speedrun, but still.

A speedrun of mission 7 is especially interesting because the building you destroy in mission 6 is actually still gone in mission 7 (if it's unique in the base, that is, since it works by structure type rather than remembering the actual structure). I haven't actually tried this, but it's very much possible that taking out their refinery cripples the whole base from lack of funds; they only have exactly 2k credits to start with, so from the moment they build a single soldier too it's all over.

Has RC re beaten your world records yet ?

Hah your comment was edited by Nyerguds. :P

RC hasn't but he also hasn't played TD as he is a RA1 player primarily so it's no rush on his part. His Nod speedrun has some pretty good times, I think i'll have a hard time beating/coming close to those.

So, are you going to do GDI mission 7 too? I guess completing mission 6 correctly could be seen as the ultimate mission 7 speedrun, but still.

A speedrun of mission 7 is especially interesting because the building you destroy in mission 6 is actually still gone in mission 7 (if it's unique in the base, that is, since it works by structure type rather than remembering the actual structure). I haven't actually tried this, but it's very much possible that taking out their refinery cripples the whole base from lack of funds; they only have exactly 2k credits to start with, so from the moment they build a single soldier too it's all over.

Hmm I might consider a mission 7 run in the future, especially knowing that destroying the refinery cripples their base immensely.

• 1 month later...

and ull be as popular as me in no time!

Okay first off, lay off the posts and make a big one, not 50 small ones.

Also, the reason you are popular is not a good one. You are known for being pure asshole. More asshole per gram than normal asshole product.