Suggestions? More players in one number slot, more team colours to choose from.

BlankHand

After chats with other players in the YR Client lobby I was wondering if it was possible to allow us to have more than one player in a map number/position slot. I know its not possible at present, but in a future update? It may be slightly disorderly but 5v5 options on preexisting maps is something a number of us like the idea of. I don't believe i've come across many original maps that were designed as 2v2 but have been re-made for 3v3 combat; besides, enabling it from the client would cut out the need to download them.

Further to that, a greater range of team colours to choose from would service this too. The original campaign had Brown, White and Black teams. Is there a possibility that these could be enabled for multiplayer also? And maybe even more added? With just those three additional colours it would allow for maps with a total of 11 players in them!

So in short, would it kindly be possible to see:

• Multiple players inhabit a single starting position
    Additional colours to choose from

Genuinely, i'm only asking out of curiosity and a little hope, not an indignant demand.

:mammoth:

After chats with other players in the YR Client lobby I was wondering if it was possible to allow us to have more than one player in a map number/position slot. I know its not possible at present, but in a future update? It may be slightly disorderly but 5v5 options on preexisting maps is something a number of us like the idea of. I don't believe i've come across many original maps that were designed as 2v2 but have been re-made for 3v3 combat; besides, enabling it from the client would cut out the need to download them.

Further to that, a greater range of team colours to choose from would service this too. The original campaign had Brown, White and Black teams. Is there a possibility that these could be enabled for multiplayer also? And maybe even more added? With just those three additional colours it would allow for maps with a total of 11 players in them!

So in short, would it kindly be possible to see:

• Multiple players inhabit a single starting position
    Additional colours to choose from

Genuinely, i'm only asking out of curiosity and a little hope, not an indignant demand.

:mammoth:

well thats good if it possible in future,and  hard to do it may be super lag and crashes etc...

But 4vs4 can be played so enjoy it :roll:

I'm always curious to know how confusing it will be if the campaign-exclusive pink and cyan are used by players in the same match with their multiplayer counterparts. Probably a bad idea, but the black, grey and brown sounds good .. though it's not really that important.

Multiple players at same start point sorta goes against how the game works, well it could be possible maybe, would have to see what the game does internally exactly if such a situation is encountered, however the total of players will still be 8, the game only has 8 arrays in various structures for players in total(be it AI or Human).

Additional colors need a lot of patching.

The MPColorType's are a whole different set of ColorType's not related to the SP ones.

MPColorType's have are 3 unused colors, Grey, Light Grey and Brown. Grey can't be used because its used by the Civilian House, Light Grey is a special case for Spectators, no clue what that Brown is for but probably special case too.

On the subject on Black, there's a reason why it isn't available, that is the Radar, in bunch of situations you won't be able to see units with this color well in the minimap.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a tremendously thorough answer, thank you.

Going against grain may seem counter-productive and multiple players in a slot certainly would be in, say, a fair 4 player free for all. Though in the name of farcing around or toying with the AI or developing senarios it might be wonderful to see. I do take your point about a max of 8 players of course.

I take your point about the MP colors too, interesting that they're seperate from the SP ones. And indeed, looking at the radar and what not, I can now see where the grey color is used. That Brown though, eh? Wouldn't mind a poo army of conscripts  XD

Thanks Tomsons.

I think brown can be confusing with orange on night maps. I remember how I believed that the orange and brown are from the same house the first time I played Operation: Dark Night and Operation: Red Revolution.

Black can be a problem too, they will have advantage blending in the shrouds in the radar and their power-offline/superweapon countdown time will be unreadable because of the black background. Besides, having an exclusive color as the last elite enemy standing in the campaign seems pretty cool.

Multiple players at same start point sorta goes against how the game works, well it could be possible maybe

It's possible in TS. I haven't tried it with YR though.

Additional colors need a lot of patching.

The MPColorType's are a whole different set of ColorType's not related to the SP ones.

At least in TS you can use additional colors without any issues. In spawn.ini, color indexes 0-7 are the regular multiplayer colors. After that, every non-even color index works properly (even color indexes show up through shroud for some reason). DTA and TI both have more than 8 pickable colors.

Black, in addition to the other problems listed here, would also have the problem that its chat would be pretty hard to read however.